WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    Did Jeanette Jenkins Blast Off the Belly Fat DVD. This one’s a keeper. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Elle Glam DVD

Lisa – (((HUG))) I’d love for those (at least some of them) grants to come thru. Then you can silently say “told you so” while smiling

Anne DE – I have mahjongg on my phone, but I only play it when I don’t have my table with me. To me, it’s just too small. Guess that has to do with age and eyesight.

Rita – that’s just horrible! I can imagine how you feel, just barely imagine.

Making rice in the IP right now for dinner. Hope it comes out fluffy.

Vince wants to wash his cars today so I’ll probably string some of the popcorn for the Christmas tree (update: it was too breezy so didn't do it). Boy, when this is all over, will I be prepared. Finished cleaning out Bryan’s things, repacked the stuffed animals Vince wants to keep, put away the Beanie Babies we had. Now Vince just needs to seal up the boxes and they’ll be ready to put away. Wish I could get him to plan and do more things that he needs to get done without seeming like a nag. He SAID we’re going to trim the trees tomorrow. They’re such a PITA when I have to cut the grass.

I do find that I’m sitting more and doing things, I’m trying to exercise but my back seems to be hurting and now it’s starting to go down into the siatic nerve (or at least I think it is)

Karen VA – so happy for Josephine. Thanks for sharing it with us

Well, Vince washed his cars, I finished cleaning out Bryan’s room, then we actually put things back in the storage room. Well, there are a couple of things that couldn’t go back yet, but we know where they will go.

I can’t wait for ceramics to reopen!

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    (((Kylia)))
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    i23s9g3gq47a.png
    its called Ice Plant,
    Heather. Its a succulent, likes full sun, dry sandy soils. Is a wonderful desert plant, will fill in bare spot where hardly anything else will grow. They come in a beautiful salmony orange, purple, yellow and apparently white. I have never seen the white until your photo
  • nannersp61
    Options
    Janet thanks for sharing France24, that was really interesting to see your perspective.
  • nannersp61
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Annie I play Township, which is a totally engrossing game, been playing a little over a year. Also play a very cute match 3 game called Strongblade. It has a mouse hero character. Scrabble Go round out my mobile games. I occasionally play Wordscapes as well. But then I get stumped and have to come back to it later and try again.

Rita, I am so sorry your RV was broke into. I hope the police will try and find the persons responsible.
  • nannersp61
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Wow, that's not right that your mom's nursing home is not accepting packages Tracey. It's hard enough to be alone with no visits, but a care package could restore morale and provide some semblance of closeness to family. Are they not even allowing cards and letters? My heart is breaking for you and her.

Kylia, my heart and prayers are with you during this difficult time. I wish there were words to make it all better. But I know better. Hold onto each other. Cry with your DH, praying for better days ahead.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,238 Member
    Options
    Tracey - well done for keeping the virus out. <3 Our homes have not done well. I'm sure there will be an enquiry in due course. The government definitely fell down there.

Rita - How miserable for you. Hard not to dwell on things like that as you wish you get hold if the b......s and ....... . Glad nothing precious was stolen.

Karen - What is now the prognosis on Josephine? What a spirit! <3

Hoping for a Zoom with my girlfriends this afternoon.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    <3
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @AMBER i think it's completely crazy to protest against lockdown. I have no affinity with those who do so, but i can also understand the fear of repression. It would be hard to buy clothes without trying. Ok for shoes if with familiar brands. Here they have contactless paying for less than 30 euros. you hover your credit card over the machine and nothing else to do. do you have that in the usa? Good luck to movie theatres. With the rise of netflix and amazon etc, they were already in a steep descent.

@Rebecca Chicken IS versatile. I bought some roast chicken and guinea fowl the 1st weeks but saw the sellers were sans mask, and i stopped. Do you throw the bones and bits in a pot and make soup with the end? Ha ha that is one sweet trail (mix). That's great that you can have sweets and not eat too much of them. i've had better and worse periods but i definitely tend to eat them more quickly than i like to. Glad you are enjoying eating so much and guilt free.

@KATLA do the dear get high eating the edibles? my sister lives in deer country and has to have very high and solid fence to have a good veggie garden (8 foot high chain link w posts planted deep into the ground)

@Meg wow gyms reopening again already. wow.

@SuzyQ i love the cat pic!

@Kylia i'm so sorry about your DH's mom's situation.

@Kim glad you are feeling better

-Here "small" MUSEUMS are supposed to open May 11 (if all goes as planned) but not "big" ones. i think most are "big" ones in Paris. This might be good news for galleries which are certainly more "small".

-At present i'm getting 100% dark CHOCOLATE bar (100g) and i keep in in the freezer to not eat it much. it works ok. I like it w a bit of tahini.

- I think i forgot to say i CUT MY OWN hair yesterday morning. I was already way overdue for a cut before the confinement. I couldn't take it any more. My hair was medium long style and had become long and i needed a change. (split ends, unhealthy straggle) i wanted it a little longer but it's ok. i looked quickly at a tutorial and snip snip and cut off the extra long bits and there we go. not best cut of the century but i don't regret.

-I was able to correct papers online a bit better than some times today.

It's totally weird to get up work, work, not go out at all. Now 2h class coming up.

Will go out for a walk after class after 3pm. Very bad night's sleep.

Julie in Paris
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,238 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Bananas- I had a guinea fowl in my delivery and roasted it with fennel, carrot and onion. We also had cabbage with it. Heaven! Fennel is my new best friend. I have frozen the rest I took off the bone for a future dish, as we just ate the breasts, and made a great stock with the bones and spare veg. I have an IP which makes life a lot easier, as I imagine you wouldn't want to stink out a small apartment with a stock pot. That stock is now frozen in two containers. I was thinking of making an Asian style soup, but I'm not sure because DH is a bit limited on spicing. I like it burning! :D

Amber - I'm in agreement with you that a 'proper' meal adds hugely to life's enjoyment. It is like date night! :D I rarely don't eat a proper dinner, but if, for some scheduling reason, I can't, then snacking doesn't psychologically do it for me and I end up eating more, or even horribly bingeing. :# Last night's main course was only 380 calories, but it felt like a feast. We are lucky that we both love heaps of veg. :D

Tonight is roasted Mediterranean vegetables with feta. Brown rice. I like to make a small tahini, yoghurt, garlic and lemon juice sauce to dip the veg on the side. And peri peri for me too.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Kylia - Thinking of you at this difficult time <3<3

Viv UK