JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Margaret- Sorry for the loss.

Amber Tx
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    HEATHER I did watch series 1 of The Split Will now watch series 2 on iPlayer series is available for 11 months I think

REBECCA Loved Breaking Bad seen some of Better Call Saul will have another look

There’s loads I’ll watch but need to find stuff DH will like as well. Have been watching documentaries and war films Also watched Indiana Jones movies lately and James Bond pure escapism We also watch true crime stuff

Kate UK ❤️

There's a after movie that explains all about Jessie, its called, "El Camino", it is fabulous!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    (((Margaret)))
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    (((((((hugs Margaret)))))).💖
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    So sorry Margaret.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    <3:'(Margaret, so sorry for your loss
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, Margaret...
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
    Options
    Katla - we have those little book swapping places too. Almost every other street some family has one out.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,309 Member
    Options
    Lisa in AR: I watched a programme on the Faberge eggs on BBC on Easter Mon. So beautiful!

I wondered about that Darwin picture. Apparently his personal hygiene was less than perfect.

Heather: I have a ripper outer. Wouldn’t use it in my lady garden though. Just on legs and the odd facial sprout. 😂 I was growing my hair out, so that’s not a problem either.

I’ve been making masks from fabric. They have a pocket for a removable filter. I am thinking of joining a group sewing scrubs for care workers.
    qv63bs082y2w.jpeg

Terri If you have a pattern or at least the dimensions and basic instructions, my partner is very interested in how to make that mask. <3

This is the pattern I used.

https://youtu.be/zz0YpY6VqVU
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Julie - I just finished watching Season 1 of Virgin River. It was something pretty good, not a lot of drama and sirens but enough to make you know your not watching a Hallmark movie.

Another 4 episode that I just watched is called the life of Madame CJ walker, I can’t remember the exact title but it’s similar to above. It is about the First Female in America to become a self-made millionaire. It was an interesting show and killed a Sunday afternoon.

Beth - I wonder if Nashville and the music industry aren’t even bigger when this is said and done. I’ve been watching a lot of the live performances from living rooms and following several different groups on FB and it seems that music is helping millions mentally cope right now. It sure will be interesting to see how our world will change when we all get out the other end of this.

Kylia- sorry to read about your MIL.

Margaret- condolences to yourself, husband and family.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Margaret, so sorry for your loss. Hugs!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lisa in AR: I watched a programme on the Faberge eggs on BBC on Easter Mon. So beautiful!

I wondered about that Darwin picture. Apparently his personal hygiene was less than perfect.

Heather: I have a ripper outer. Wouldn’t use it in my lady garden though. Just on legs and the odd facial sprout. 😂 I was growing my hair out, so that’s not a problem either.

I’ve been making masks from fabric. They have a pocket for a removable filter. I am thinking of joining a group sewing scrubs for care workers.
    qv63bs082y2w.jpeg

Terri If you have a pattern or at least the dimensions and basic instructions, my partner is very interested in how to make that mask. <3

This is the pattern I used.

https://youtu.be/zz0YpY6VqVU

Wonderful. Thank you!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,309 Member
    Options
    Katla: Sorry to hear about your MiL.
    Margaret: Condolences

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,666 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 sumner station- 56.25min, 151mhr, 14.1amph, 13.22mi= 492c
    apple watch- 507c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.05min, 9.41min mi, 143mhr, .52mi= 54c
    apple watch- 57c
    Jog wrk 2 sta, windy- 4.34min, 10.03min mi, 143mhr, .45mi= 53c
    apple watch- 60c
    Bike ride dome 2 hm- 15.50min, 9.7amph, 151mhr, 2.56mi= 157c
    apple watch- 141c

total cal 771
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,380 Member
    Options
    Did Cathy Friedrich’s To the Max DVD. I don’t think I’ll keep this one, too high intensity and too many times I found myself having to modify and they didn’t tell you how to modify. The plan for tomorrow is to do an extreme cardio DVD

Rebecca – I, for one, thought we were already friends on here. But I see we aren’t so I sent you a friend request

Bananas – I like the chocolate shop posting “in case of emergency”…lol I’m so sorry you were sick. Please get better fast

I guess I ate at a fast food place about a year ago, and that was because I wanted to try the Impossible Burger at BK. Before then, it’d probably been years except for Subway

Kylia – what horrible news!

Barbara – that’s why I try to take my car in for an oil change either early in the a.m. shortly after they open or right after they get back from lunch. I’ve gotten to where I now keep a soap box (the kind you use for travel) in my car with some wipes in it for use when I buy gas. Most gas stations have a garbage can so I just toss it right before I get back in the car.

I remember a while ago Vince was working on a project in Puerto Rico. This was when he worked for Mars. Well, the sales of Pedigree pet food were thru the roof. Way beyond Mars’ expectations. They found that (yuk) people were making meatloaf out of the dogfood. I have a hard time believing we would do that in this country, but I guess you never know

I, too, thought “leveling the house next door” meant razing it to the ground

Making more yogurt right now. The milk is coming down to temp as I sit here

SuziQ – yes, Jess is over 18. She’s 36. See, now that Colby is here, it seems that she’s more pickey. Not sure why. He isn’t pickey. It seems they like to eat later. Last night they ate at 9pm. Before, she didn’t have a problem eating with us. If I ate that late, there is no way I could go to sleep, but I guess it’s an “oh to be young again” thing. I guess I was just feeling down. She did make them a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. I like to use Amazon for their reviews, and like you, then I look for something cheaper. The problem comes in that some stores don’t update their websites. Like we are looking for plastic totes. Everyone at Target says “out of stock”. I just can’t believe they are out of stock of ALL the totes. Now they aren’t taking returns so Vince will have to go and look at them. Jess told me yesterday that she likes Ragu spaghetti sauce, not the stuff I get. Well, that’s just toughy beans. I will not spend the money on Ragu. If you don’t like what I have, you buy Ragu yourself. She came home “where I can eat for free”, I’m not about to drastically change my buying habits. If you don’t like it, don’t eat spaghetti. Problem solved. I don’t think I’ll buy any more spaghetti-o’s, either.

Going to have hamburgers tonight. I know Jess doesn’t like when the burger buns have been frozen, but that’s what she’s getting. I’m not going to tell her, but there is no way I’m going back to the store for fresh burger buns – no way in the world Update: she never said a word

Barbie – instead of smiling which you know people can’t see, you can always give someone a thumbs up

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Cosco near us. The closest is Sams. My issue is that they have such large quantities and a very limited variety. Plus, it seems that most things are heavily spiced. Had to go to the post office. I was cleaning and found some pictures. I have no idea who is in them so I sent them to my cousin – maybe she can figure it out. If not, it looks like into the garbage for them. Then stopped at Big Lots and got some totes and a new pillow for Lexi. Took a walk to Food Lion since my mandolin won’t slice the tomato for tonight so I had to do it myself, which means the slices are thicker. Also got some frozen peaches. What is it with frozen fruit? WM didn’t have ANY yesterday and FL had very little today.

My neighbor gave me a ride to Food Lion. She said she was on her way to her daughter’s. I must say that I’m a bit surprised. She’s the one whose hubby is in Afghanistan. Driving to see her daughter isn’t exactly necessary driving. I’m seeing more and more cars on the road.

Amber – lovely garden

Margaret – my deepest condolences

Michele NC