WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    Katla - If you type into google 'waitrose walnut choc chip brownies' it should come up. I'm not going to put in the walnuts because the kids don't like them.

Amber - Whenever I read your posts I think, 'It sounds like the Wild West'. :) And then I remember....It is!!!!! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Chocolate chip brownies are divine. It sounds like a lovely project with the kids. Unfortunately, my pants are snug enough as it is, so I will abstain for now. I couldn't eat just one. :ohwell:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    My puzzle.

How can 12 become 28, 11 become 30 and 10 become 52 ?

Who gets it?

Love Heather UK XXXXXX

:) I have an idea, but I'd like to see what the next pair is in the pattern to be sure.
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Katla - I'm not doing it with the kids, I'm delivering the brownies to their doorstep. We will wave through the window! :D<3
    So sorry about your DDIL and her bereavement and family problems. :'( Families eh! ! !

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Who wants a clue? :D

Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    What shocks me is 2days ago wearing a mask by what I understand is mandatory yet saw half without still

Amber Tx

Got exercising done y JR likes to do it with me so I hand him the exercise equipment he pretends
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Thank you for your concern about my daughter in law. :heart: The waitrose chocolate chip brownie recipes sound delicious. I wouldn’t include walnuts either. Too many members of our family need to be careful about nuts. Thank you. During these times we’re all in our separate places and need to keep from giving or catching the virus. :ohwell:

Amber: Congrats on shopping success. :smiley: As to masks, I’ve gone to the stores early in the morning and have seen very few people without masks. Most early customers are seniors due to store policies attempting to improve safety. I’m wearing my mask so I figure it is protecting me from them.

Safeway and Walmart both have in-doors and out-doors in place. It is a way to protect people from being too close to strangers for comfort and safety. I take my own durable bags in all of our local stores. I don’t expect cashiers to touch them because they need to be protected from customer’s bags that have unknown possible germs. I go to the end of the checkstand and put the food into my own bags myself, after the cashier runs the prices into the system.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    99 messages!? I'll dive right in!

<3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,433 Member
    Options
    It was the VIA institute quiz, just recently.

We were meant to be at the highlight of the cruise today, the Geiranger Fjord. I had booked myself in for a RIB trip this morning and we had a coach tour of the mountain scenery with a musical performance in a church for this afternoon.
    The weather is sleet and moderate wind with heavy cloud cover. 3° C this morning for my boat trip. :o:D:o:D
    All I can say is Phew! :D

Here it is in nice weather!

6asviyehauw5.jpg

Lovely! I doubt we could have seen much of the mountain tops. :laugh: The RIB trip went up to that waterfall.

Still waiting for my money back.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I think this was the cruise we did for our 50th wedding anniversary in July 2016. You will enjoy these places when you get there! Alesund is charming. The cathedral in Tromso is spectacular. And as for the Geiranger fjord! We did a speedboat trip there. Others did the rib or kayaking.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Made a chuck roast in the IP, got chicken marinating, made pork chops then lime shrimp. Made a taco spaghetti for Jess and Colby. Colby’s mother has something like 5 children. I don’t know how she does it with dinner. I had to make 3 separate dinners. Well, I really only had to make 2, I made 3 so that I could get something else out of the freezer. Vince had chicken leftover, I had salmon cake leftover, and I made the taco spaghetti for Jess and Colby.

This morning went to Aldi. Went to Lowes Hardware in the afternoon. Vince needed a four port something or other and some sort of adapter. Then we went to WalMart because we wanted to see if they sold refills for propane (they don’t) and got a few other things while we were there. Came home and vacuumed out the spa in case Jess and Colby decide to go in. I’m betting not – I don’t think Colby has his bathing suit with him. Also made hamburger patties to freeze for later

Now I need to log.

We’re running low on “pops” so I’ll make more yogurt tomorrow and then after it drains I’ll make more pops.

Bananas – yes, I’m preparing for Christmas. I told you I was BTD. Vince said “well, I guess we need to put up the trees”. Ahhh…no

Okie – I wonder if that knife sharpener is still good? Thanks for telling me that it IS a knife sharpener. I was wondering

It was interesting. All the stores tell you to stay 6 feet away from another person (that’s fine) but then they have such narrow aisles that there is no way you can be 6 feet from the person next to you!

I was thinking of making mini cupcakes for Jess and Vince, but, really, there's enough for dessert that I'm not going to be bothered.

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    gktl443lsshr.jpg

>>>

lol
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    That was Floyd on the table
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,433 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

I was in a lot of Challenge threads (GoTs, Harry Potter etc) for a while when I was first losing weight. I found they were a great motivational tool to do different exercises etc. However, after a while, I got uber competitive, so decided to withdraw from most of them. I like groups where I feel and affinity with the other members, so I still belong to some of the general ones I joined at the very beginning, and I'm assistant coach for Sole Mates Walking Group.

☘️ Terri