Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

Bike ride home 2 dome, sprinkles- 11.47min, 136mhr, 13.1amph, 2.57mi= 46c
    Apple Watch- 77c
    Bike ride puy 2 sumn sta, sprinkles- 13.26min, 13.3amph, 139mhr, 2.98mi= 110c
    apple watch- 111c
    jog sta 2 wrk, sprinkles- 4.47min, 153mhr, 9.27min mi, .50mi= 60c
    apple watch- 61c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.15min, 149mhr, 9.12min mi, .46mi= 55c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride dome 2 home windy!- 17.53min, 8.6amph, 153mhr, 2.56mi= 184c
    apple watch- 147c

total cal 455
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @Barbiecat chocolate shake for breakfast sounds fun.

@Tina your breakfast sounds great.
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

1. Where are you from originally?
    Saratoga, California
    2. Do you eat breakfast? If so, what did you eat today?
    plain yogurt, fresh fruit (or defrosted frozen fruit) and some granola
    3. Do you prefer to dine in, carry out, or cook at home?
    I almost always eat at home, and my preference is to have company over for dinner or to be invited to someone’s home for dinner.
    4. Favorite Girl Scout Cookie?
    Samoas or Taglongs
    5. Do you listen to music when you work?
    no
    6. What is your favorite sonic drink?
    I’ve not been to a sonic, but I like unsweetened ice tea
    7. What is your favorite board/card game?
    Rummique
    8. What is your favorite podcast?
    Savor or sporkful
    9. What is your dream sandwich?
    BLT is good, but hot pastrami from a local Italian deli
    10. What makes you gag?
    smell of vomit
    11. What are your hobbies?
    gardening, reading, cooking, sewing
    12. What is one thing that can make your day instantly better?
    girlfriends
    13. What was the best vacation/trip you ever took and why?
    for my 50th birthday I spent 11 day white water rafting the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon
    14. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
    a golden retriever
    15. At a party, where can someone find you?
    helping- in the kitchen or tending bar

Kim from N. California
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    In our case that included hydroxycholroquine,

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2020/04/23/eu-malaria-drugs-used-for-virus-could-cause-side-effects/
    "LONDON (AP) — The European Union’s medicines regulator has warned countries that malaria drugs being used experimentally to treat the new coronavirus have potentially serious side effects, including seizures and heart problems.

The European Medicines Agency said in a statement that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine — two medicines embraced by U.S. President Donald Trump and others as a potential COVID-19 treatment — are known to cause heart rhythm problems, especially if combined with other drugs."

and there was also a reference to using a nebulizer somehow.

From my experience with nebulizers, if you've reached that point, you'd want to be in the hospital.

Machka in Oz

Machka

U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has issued emergency authorization for using malaria drugs. Clinical trials take a while - https://www.ecowatch.com/fda-coronavirus-malaria-drugs-2645615157.html?rebelltitem=1#rebelltitem1

"An Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) may be issued when the known and potential benefits of the product, when used to diagnose, prevent, or treat the identified disease or condition, outweigh the known and potential risks of the product, and there are no adequate, approved, available alternatives. Emergency access to a medical product under an EUA is separate from use of a medical product under an investigational drug application," adds the DHHS.

The FDA concludes that the EUA will require that fact sheets be provided to healthcare providers and patients about using chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate to treat COVID-19, which includes the risks and possible drug interactions."

If I was in serious condition and nothing else was available, I'd take these drugs, risks and all, especially if I have an 80% chance of dying from this virus vs. a 10% chance of getting heart rhythm problems. I think people need to be given that chance.

I trust the FDA's take on this more than Snopes. It will be interesting to see the outcome of the EUA as data is submitted back to the FDA since we don't have years for clinical trials.
    Lanette
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »

Barbie: I saw a few pages back you have tulips. Do they spread? I just planted bulbs last fall for the first time and they were slower to emerge and smaller than everyone else's but I figure that's because it's their first year.

Take care Meg from Omaha

:) What I know about tulips is that there are many kinds and some are taller than others and others have bigger flowers. My expert gardener friend says that they don't spread and often don't last too many years. I prefer daffodils and iris but my husband likes tulips and gladiolas
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    In our case that included hydroxycholroquine,

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2020/04/23/eu-malaria-drugs-used-for-virus-could-cause-side-effects/
    "LONDON (AP) — The European Union’s medicines regulator has warned countries that malaria drugs being used experimentally to treat the new coronavirus have potentially serious side effects, including seizures and heart problems.

The European Medicines Agency said in a statement that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine — two medicines embraced by U.S. President Donald Trump and others as a potential COVID-19 treatment — are known to cause heart rhythm problems, especially if combined with other drugs."

and there was also a reference to using a nebulizer somehow.

From my experience with nebulizers, if you've reached that point, you'd want to be in the hospital.

Machka in Oz

In the comment section Jan Traun who is a nurse commented made that comment about hydrochloroquine too! It might have been cut off when I copied the comments.

In the case of my friend's son they used his Oxygen level to determine whether to have him hospitalized. If possible I do believe you are better off at home if possible. I think he tried a nebulizer to help with his breathing and did not find it very helpful with this illness. The person writing the comment seemed to think it might help. I question the use of a nebulizer that too in relationship to this disease because how it affects the lungs in the extreme cases.
  • clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Fort Worth, TX , have only lived in Fort Worth, Grand Praxiteles or Arlington, TX. All within a 15 mile radius.
    2. Do you eat breakfast? If so, what did you eat?
    Just coffee with cream, sugar alternative and collagen
    Usually cook at home, occasionally dined out with beau, carry out would be bun less double double protein style from In n Out Burgers.
    In the past Thin Mints, haven’t had any in years. The newer lemon flavors look good.
    I did before retirement.
    Diet cherry limeade
    Only game I play is Bunco, monthly with neighborhood ladies
    A Sandwich and Some Loving - a local DJ and her husband
    Bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato with homemade mayonnaise. No bread, wrapped in lettuce leaves.
    10. What makes you gag?
    Okra
    Reading, walking, line dancing, County & Western dancing, Zumba Gold, keto cooking, keto baking
    My grandkids - 9 yo grandson, 4 yo granddaughter
    A cruise from San Juan, Puerto Rico - St Thomas - St Kitts - St Lucia - St Johns - Barbados - Puerto Rico. A cruise is my favorite vacation. On this one woke up at a new island every day, only one day at sea.
    A dog
    On the dance floor

Cathy, Arlington, TX
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Work.
    Homework.
    Exercise.
    As usual ...
    But what I would like to do is to organise the house, read, do some photography, and work on my website!

v20pbawpo816.png

Machka in Oz
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @janet great tips!

@Terri Attacked by pirates?!
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Have a donation for the Salvation Army. Thought we’d go today, but it seems like we’re not. So I’ll go tomorrow before the soup kitchen. Yea, I go out tomorrow. When I get home Vince wants to go to the post office and then stop at WalMart to get a prescription.

Michele NC

Is your Salvos still accepting donations?

Ours have closed: https://www.salvosstores.com.au/stories/covid-19-update-store-closures/#Covid-19 Update and many/most are not accepting donations.

M in Oz
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    in answer to Lisa's work post

Have not had one in ages. I used to like chocolate mint ones. Now i'm intolerant to gluten. if they have GF ones those would be my favorites now.

The gluten free GS Cookies are not tasty, at all. If I were to eat cardboard, I imagine they taste a bit like that. :smiley:

Tina
  • Machka9
    Options
    asct9dc6bab9.png

h1yore7hi56p.png

The second one reminds me of the place up north we like to go.

We were going to take a trip there sometime in June/July but it looks like that won't be happening. I think that's the only thing in the next 6 months I feel like I might miss. I might miss even more solitude! And Mr Higgins.

Machka in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Yay Amber! Beautiful ring! Long fingers!
    Thanks for all your complimentary comments! Tomorrow the wedding ring goes back on. Still next NSV will be fitting the engagement on my right hand. Then wear it every day.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Meg: It is so good to see you posting here. You have been missed! :star:

Bananas: In our area it is expected to see people with masks outside and in grocery stores and places where people shop. We’re expected to keep a distance of at least 5 feet inside stores, and outside in the neighborhood walking or chatting with neighbors. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Your tulips are beautiful and I love the color combinations. :flowerforyou:

I’ve been the person who does the majority of shopping and runs errands. Today I didn’t go out and do very much. I needed a break and spent the day mostly at home. I spent more than half an hour riding my recumbent trike on its trainer in the garage. It felt good to burn off some of the blah’s & frustration that build up when I’m not very active.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Where are you located (approximately)?
    -Richmond, Virginia

What are some of your favourite hobbies/sports/activities?
    -I have a bunch, but right now am only walking, playing with my dogs, gardening, reading, and doing puzzles.

What takes up most of your day?
    -Working at home. Until recently, most of my day was taken up by Learning Coach duties for my oldest grandson, and babysitting for my youngest grandchild Lilliana. Breaks my heart.
    -Nebraska. The Plains are still home to me, even though I live in Virginia.

2. Do you eat breakfast? If so, what did you eat today?
    -Yes. I love breakfast, whether it's a piece of toast, an omelet, or leftover pizza. Today I had a square of breakfast casserole egg/sausage.

-Cook at home. Carry out is an occasional treat.

-I'm with Lisa on this one. Samoas, frozen. Before Samoas my favorite was Trefoils. As a child, I was into Thin Mints.

-No. I wish I could.

-Limeade

-Euchre, Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit

-James Veitch: "This is what happens when you reply to spam email'

-BLT made with best quality Applewood Smoked bacon, fresh tomatoes from the garden, crips green leaf lettuce, mayonnaise. Second choice: My own Lipton onion cheeseburger made with ground chuck and Jack cheese.

10. What makes you gag?
    -Other peoples' lung phlegm. (Not nose snot.)

-Reading, cooking, Yorkies, gardening. Used to be banjo, beading, water sports.

-My wiggly wagging Yorkie Molly making a beeline towards me, so full of delight just because she sees me. Sweet girl.

-To the Galapagos Islands with my Mom and son in 1990. He was 12 and he fell in love for the first time with the ship Captain’s daughter. Her name was Paola. She was 13 and very lovely and their romance was so sweet. Our fellow travelers were retirees. We visited a llama farm where we noticed 2 llamas copulating. The female was apparently very receptive, because she accepted a second male who was waiting in the wings. The senior citizens were so nervous about my 12-year old seeing this, but they all cracked up when he turned to me and said, “Look, Mom, ‘The Changing of the Llamas!’”, with a big grin. LOL!!!

-I would like to be a cat.
    - If the question means what am I most like in the animal kingdom, I would say a female gorilla.

-In the kitchen helping the hostess

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Meg Your tulips will do better and come back more seasons in Omaha than in many other locales. They need a period of chilling which is lacking in many more temperated climates. Next year they will probably be fabulous. In Virginia, they are considered an annual and most people just put in new bulbs every year if they want tulips. Daffodils thrive here. And Iris, if you can keep the rhizomes relatively dry and exposed.

Karen in Virginia
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,266 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    As of yesterday our government is sticking to the advice that masks are not advised unless you yourself have a cough or sneeze. I am not wearing one, but I do wear gloves to remind me not to touch my face. Unless you wear them properly and change them after each wearing a mask can do more harm than good. You must not touch your mask if you have touched anything else. I see people touching them, pulling them down etc.

I also would go to hospital if I needed any breathing aid. I would not home medicate. Home treatment can be seriously damaging to health and many people are dying because they are waiting too long to go into hospital. They have already crashed. Our hospitals currently have enough capacity and treatment is excellent.

Lanette - why do you think you have an 80% chance of dying? I give myself 95% chance of surviving, despite my age. I give my DH 80% because he is a man and 4 years older than me. Do you have an underlying health issue? <3

I never knew not liking tomatoes was a thing until I read all your posts. I thought I'd died and gone to heaven the first time I had a tomato salad in France when I was 11. I still love it when I can be bothered to do it properly.

Bananas - I've danced all my life, since ballet and tap when I was 3 years old. I've done modern ballet, jazz dance, ballroom, creative dance, etc and was very upset, when my knee was very bad for years, that I couldn't do it any more. I have cured my knee with a lot of hard work and physio, and now I am running and dancing again. I go to Swing Dancing , Lindy Hop, in normal times, and ballroom and line dancing on the cruises. It makes me VERY happy.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx