WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Margaret, I am happy that you were able to get what you need and plan to stay safe.

• trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    JulieBananas, could it be a little heat rash? The other possibility that comes to mind is a skin yeast infection. They’re not always found where we usually experience them. I hope your application thrives, prospers, and bears fruit!

Sharon, at work (shhhh!) Near Seattle
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Sue- Way 2 Go that’s a wonderful inch loss!!

Amber Tx

Watching news y playing cell phone game while JR sings plays car crashes. Lol 😂 rough ol boy today
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Wow! the old downtown Richmond Dominion Power building was just demolished (imploded) live on TV! We could hear the sound all the way out here in the suburbs. It was spectacular. It took a few seconds for the sound to get here. Amazing sight. It went out with both a Bang and a Whimper.

I just watched the video! I find the way they time the explosions fascinating!
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    KJ (Kelly), congrats to you and all your great news! ( happy stars aligning for you dance!)
    All morning watching news to mayor MARGARET they said tonight will be way worse so if you y son can go anywhere safe please do the cops to firemen y National Gaurd saying people from other states joined the riots there out numbered. Stay safe please. They even tried to set poor area on fires apartments. They said no post office or stores for those without cars that their at the mercy of the riots y pandemic shortage at once. Hopefully that can be remedied soon for them.

Rebecca- Daughter y JR can’t tolerate meat but the Navy been very accommodating since Daughter is a Mainly vegetable y RAW fish diet “Pescatarian” all her new bases show her where to get sushi 🍣 to salads where vegetarian taco places are. The NEX has been stocking extra noodle TV dinner meals since the quarantine after she told them of her diet issues fear of not being able to go off base for food. She said they even got in some new ones after telling them she’s finding new ones she didn’t know exists lives now. JRs imagination y practice of words is getting interesting. Last night he was yelling that he was pooping in his shoe. That Pooh has a baby ate him all ups. Daddy is flying.
    I came in he stopped looked like nothing was happening.Left heard Oh nooooo plane crashed in the tub. Lol 😂 I wonder about this kid. Hubby shakes his head went to bed said that’s your department.Well Thankyou hubby lol 😂 for the show of support lol.

Amber Tx

Eating 1 slice of pizza per meal y probably my muffins tonight .Exercise . Cleaning up.

Calling my Dad hopefully

That's good that the Navy is supporting your daughters food choices.👍. I hope my youngest Navy son is eating well now, has no fever, or cough issues. One time he was texting me while eating his teriyaki chicken Vento boxes. I bet when he ever gets back to his home port, he will have one of those straight off. Its nice to see that he's expanded his repertoire, as he was really picky as a child. So much so, I bought protein shakes because I was so worried about the child!
    💖Rebecca
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Rebecca- Same here JR has protein shakes I’m switching him to one full of more vitamins soon if he’ll accept it. I have to make it like I work at Starbucks for him. Dash of creamer, unsweetened almond milk,protein powder,y a dash of chocolate syrup mix mix mix. It does taste really good he loves flavored creamers like caramel. JR it’s been a hunt to find stuff for him during the virus grocery hauls,but been successful he only eats a few items. Have managed to get him to eat a few new things luckily.

Amber Tx

Watching NASA 4min to go to launch 🚀
  • Katla49
    Options
    <3
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Margaret-It is a mix of races looting saw a Hispanic man an older version of my BIL in looks fell down coming out of a smashed window with a comforter y pillow.
    Looters as you can see her attacking an old lady in a wheel chair who finally pulled a knife so they sprayed her with a fire extinguisher 🧯 started with a white college age girl robbing her a Blk girl approached hit her. https://outragedpatriot.com/savage-mob-looting-in-minneapolis-violently-attack-disabled-lady-in-a-wheelchair-video/
    All colors in the riots y protests. Some are for better life others just want to loot y cause troubles.

Amber Tx

NASA lift off JR was exited watching it so excited he pooped while I was holding him up for a closer look at the tv. Lol 😂 only a Mother can love came to mind lol
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Hello to all Finally getting a reply before the month changes. Not seeing a lot of names I recognize,but know people move on to stay with their interests.
    We are getting thru staying home etc. Being retired life has stayed pretty much the same for us.

DD does the grocery shopping ,ordering for us & herself .....then we sort it out.We have 5-6 groceries to choose from,so no complaints.

Family is good,all are working,except DD. The grade school where she works has been closed since sometime in March. No one seems to know if/when school will start,nor if it will be classroom or on line.
    We have 3 Grandkids & 2 great Grsons.They all live in other states.My only sister lives in Minn.
    We all keep in touch on here & the phone.

Have had beautiful weather all wk,now we’re to have a few days in the 70’s....my idea of perfect temps. Sweaty heat is the pits.Thank heaven for AC.

This is the first Spring we decided not to add to our flowers or plant any veggies. Weeds are a pain & there are farmer’s mkt selling all kinds of fresh yummies. Have bought asparagus for last 3 wks,rhubarb,watermelon & all kinds of root vegetables.Like to make fresh salad to go with food ordered in.We prefer to pick it up where they have “no contact”.

Still missing the library.......had never known a library to close for months. Reading on here is not a real book to me........but have always had a stack of library books since I started reading.

Will leave you with a couple pictures,if I remember how.
    Pat in Ohio
  • Whidislander
    Options
    So proud of the Space launch today!🚀. I had an exciting pit in my stomach the whole launch! And saw the part return to earth and land on the barge! Precision at its finest!!
    💖Rebecca
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    No longer worried about the computer, my electrician neighbor came and talked to me and all the other "little old ladies" on the block.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    So proud of the Space launch today!🚀. I had an exciting pit in my stomach the whole launch! And saw the part return to earth and land on the barge! Precision at its finest!!
    💖Rebecca

Rebecca
    - I actually got teary-eyed! I sat on the edge of my seat! It was all so awesome - and yes, that rocket on the barge just like that. Pretty proud of all the hard work and yes, precision. <3

And I loved Kelly Clarkson singing the National Anthem without any make-up on. That girl has some pipes! B)

Still hard for me to believe we put men on the moon (and back) over 50 years ago without computers, or computers as we know them. Can't beat a slide rule.

Lanette
    Still getting goosebumps when I think about it. :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • Katla49
    Options
    Kim: Is your computer always plugged in, or do you have a computer with an internal battery that allows you to unplug the computer and still use it? If it can be unplugged and still work to connect to the internet, perhaps it will be less vulnerable to power surges. I can unplug my laptop and stay connected to the net until the battery power comes to an end. We have a house system that is connected through Century Link. Then I have to connect it to electricity recharge the battery. My iphone can connect anyplace that AT&T has signal. If I had to protect my laptop from a power surge I would unplug it from the wall. It would last until the battery was fully discharged. If we had a lightning storm I would unplug everything that is not connected to a surge protector.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Well an eventful day.. got Faith in the shower and washed up,got breakast,lunch and dinner into her..
    Her sugar was low so fed her first than gave her the insulin anout an hr or so later..
    Got her to sit in the chair..and she watched the Flower Drum Song most of the way through..
    She did take a tumble and fell and i was standing right there.had a heck of a time getting her back up..they really need to get her a bed rail she can grab onto ..
    It is at night mostly that im achy ,will be calling my kidney Dr monday and tell them to get on the endocrinologist back to get me in for an appointment....Sean and Jean hopefully coming back tomorrow afternoon so i can get home
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    I still couldn’t get over how fancy the new spaceship to uniforms were.

Watching riots now with hubby.
    JR well he tossing every ball he has yelling rain. So he should sleep tonight. We did our homeschooling early he did great 👍. Trying to teach him prisms y regular shapes also. Tried to work on sign language but JR got bored. Oh well try again later.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Iiiiii