WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    also in the online meditation thing we broke up into subgroups of 4 for 15 minutes that. I noted that the 2 who lived in couples were fine with the lockdown but the 2 of us on our own were had feelings of anxiety (me) or monkey mind (the other woman).
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    JulieBananas! What on earth is “monkey mind”? That sounds to me like it would be anxiety, or maybe ADD.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    This came up in my Newsfeed today and I thought it connected nicely with my response to Lisa's question back on p. 100.

You know that "where do you see yourself in 5 years" question? Absolutely no idea. One thing I've learned over the years is that 5 years from now I could be anywhere doing anything.

When I was 18 and thinking about what adult life would be like, I never imagined any of what I've done. I had a whole different plan in mind. But that's OK. Somehow or another, I've done most of what I really wanted to do. :)

9woz116bl0je.png

Machka in Oz

Machka - I can't remember ever having had a genuine plan about what life would be like until I married my current and final husband. But one of the things my sister told me, after one of our plans has fallen through was, "It didn't ruin your life, it ruined your plans. There's a big difference." It really helped me lighten up on those terms.

While I work out plans along with Corey for any number of possibilities (it's one of our favorite car conversations... :)) I've become more able to pivot from one that isn't working out to developing one that will. It's helped a lot over the years.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Downtown Richmond, like other urban areas in the nation, has suffered arson, property destruction, and injuries the last couple of nights, including a GRTC bus burned out. One shooting. Tear gas used on some demonstrators. Ugh. It's a shame when people who want to peacefully demonstrate are told to stay home so they aren't used as cover for opportunistic arsonists, looters, and thugs.

Pat in Ohio Great to see your post!

That is a fabulous African Violet. My mother had success raising them, and that memory holds a special place in my heart. The violets on a sunny ledge in the kitchen. Me, not so much luck with African Violets. I do fine for awhile, then I do something stupid like overwater, or transplant a perfectly healthy plant into a pot that's too big. Sigh!

auntiebk wrote: »
    Joe had a dream and when he woke up, he took a melitta coffee filter, reinforced the edges with duct tape, punched holes in the tape and strung rubber bands through. Now he has a mask that stands off away from his nose while still covering his nose and mouth. Easier to breathe through than a cloth mask. He often dreams up solutions to whatever problem/puzzles he's working on.

Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD

Oh my gosh! Me too! I first realized it in high school. I took advanced math classes (fortunate to have a teacher who could offer them) and would often go to sleep after being unable to solve a homework problem, then awaken in the morning knowing how to go about it. It was (is) convenient!

trucker743 wrote: »
    JulieBananas! What on earth is “monkey mind”? That sounds to me like it would be anxiety, or maybe ADD.

Sharon Near Seattle

Sharon I get 'monkey mind' sometimes. For me, monkey mind happens when I am trying to sleep and the monkeys in my mind chatter incessantly about stuff that can wait until tomorrow. I tell them to STFU, but they don't always listen. Counting my breaths in a mantra-like way ("one…two…one…two…one…two…) usually quiets the little ba$tards. I tell the monkeys to sleep when I do, but they are noncompliant.

1948Peachy wrote: »
    I am making beef enchiladas for the first time ever. I've really never had them and think they might be too spicy for DH. Anyway, it's good to try something new.

Karen in VA ~ Just curious…are you a medical doctor? I know you said your dad was a doctor. Forgive me if I'm being to nosy.

Carol in GA

Yep, FP

Missing Jax's Grandma and Iris's Grandma the last few days…

Karen in Virginia
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies
    I am up and dressed and it went from humid and warm to breezy and chilly.. well thats new england for you...
    I have found taking melatonin and 2 tylenol helps me at night though i have weird dreams..
    Got Alfie out and fed him and just having my tea.. dont feel much like eating today...
    I love clothes out on a clothes line but like was said cant have that at the condo..
    Thinking of Rori and how she is doing that poor woman has had to go through what you call a real *kitten* show...
    Faith still snoozing so i have a little bit of relaxing before the morning starts.. and thank the lord I have the next 2 days off..
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    The past two weeks have been crazy at work. We are finally getting to a point where we are starting to see the new day-to-day transactions, but there is a still a lot of work to do. Most of the things we are working upon are tasks that should have been scheduled and completed prior to go-live. Believe me, not my decision and extremely poor planning and execution of this type of project. But, we cannot cry over spilt milk and are rolling with getting everything where it needs to be.

Last week I wish I could say I kept up with all of you. After 10-15 hours of daily computer work I just could not bring myself to be online. So please except my apologies for being MIA and missing any key events in your lives. I was shocked to see there were almost 300 posts, yes that is right, since logging in just 6 days ago.

My eating and exercise habits have been up and down the past two weeks. I have been tracking and getting minimal daily exercise. Although food choices have not been the greatest I have been maintaining as planned. I am up or down 1 pound around goal. I am still toying with the idea of adjusting my goal down another 5 pounds, but am happy with where I am at right now.

The first week of June will be my “getting back on track” week even though it is month end close and it is always a tough week for me and my team. Today will be spent catching up with household chores, meal planning and prep, and a little bit of work to get ahead of the curve.

That’s it for me right now. I will attempt to get caught up and post again.

Hugs to all.
    SuziQ – SFL
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Another hot sunny day here, we've been leaving the afternoon dog walk until as late as possible, but this has created a few problems with my eating habits. I don't like eating late - it lays heavy on my stomach and I feel bloated the next day. I'm trying to eat before we go for the walk, but I'm not always hungry, so end up snacking instead of having a proper meal. Need to work on this.

I'm about 10 pages behind, not sure how that happened, but will try to catch up later. Just thought I'd check in as sometimes I'm so busy catching up I forget to post and then can't remember who said what.

Love to all <3
    Viv UK
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    This came up in my Newsfeed today and I thought it connected nicely with my response to Lisa's question back on p. 100.

You know that "where do you see yourself in 5 years" question? Absolutely no idea. One thing I've learned over the years is that 5 years from now I could be anywhere doing anything.

When I was 18 and thinking about what adult life would be like, I never imagined any of what I've done. I had a whole different plan in mind. But that's OK. Somehow or another, I've done most of what I really wanted to do. :)

9woz116bl0je.png

Machka in Oz

Machka - I can't remember ever having had a genuine plan about what life would be like until I married my current and final husband. But one of the things my sister told me, after one of our plans has fallen through was, "It didn't ruin your life, it ruined your plans. There's a big difference." It really helped me lighten up on those terms.

While I work out plans along with Corey for any number of possibilities (it's one of our favorite car conversations... :)) I've become more able to pivot from one that isn't working out to developing one that will. It's helped a lot over the years.

I've almost developed a little bit of a phobia of making plans. It seems that when I make plans in my head ... almost the opposite thing comes about. So now I try to avoid making plans ... or at least making plans too far into the future.

I've got some hopes for the next few months, and that's it.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! <3

Michele
    - I don't know if the fennel tea is effective for the occasional "wind" but it might be. I found it most useful with the excessive often painful gas that comes with digestive upset or too many beans, cabbage, etc.

Margaret - a long time ago, someone mentioned spraying lavender scent on pillows and sheets to induce good sleep. Was that you? If so, many thanks!! <3

I finally gave it a try - put some vodka in a small plastic spray bottle (vodka helps disperse the oil) and added a few drops of lavender oil, gave it a good shake and for the past 3 nights have lightly spritzed the bedding and pillows . WOW. Not only am I sleeping soundly, but I no longer have to take Zyrtec at night to prevent a sinus headache. Or get up to go to the bathroom. Crossing fingers this continues :)

Kelly - I was thrilled to hear everything is working out for your new daycare plans. <3

Viv - I understand about the snacking instead of eating a proper meal! This past week I have dedicated a shelf in the fridge to healthy snacks - I have been making 4 servings of oatmeal at a time, refrigerate. I'll have a dish cold with sliced up bananas. Same thing with having lots of carrots and cut up veggies and hummus. I figure if I'm going to spoil my supper, might as well do it with something healthy. Besides, cold carbs like oatmeal are resistant starch which keeps our guts and immune system healthy. I'm thinking cold pizza might fit into that category. ;)

Kylia - are you out there, girl? Hoping the business is doing well and your DH & family are coping OK with MIL's death.

Regarding British TV: Through Amazon Prime, we are able to get 2 add on channels, Britbox and Acorn, which feature British and Australian TV series. So, I've been able to watch all of the Vera, Midsommer Murders, etc. I just finished a 2 season show called "Blood" set in Ireland. And have just started watching "The Brokenwood Mysteries" set in New Zealand. Love the scenery, the accents, the characters, the plots in these and the BBC produced ones.

Make it a fabulous day B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • LisaInAR
    Options
    Machka - I understand that phobia. My own similarity was that for decades, every time I felt any amount of joy in my life, I started looking around every corner to try to see the bus that was going to run me over any minute. It's not an easy way to live.

For you stats junkies (raising my hand in identification), this is one of the absolute best sites I've seen so far. Gives specific, plain-language numbers on every U.S. state and 2100 countries, with R0 ratings, ICU bed usage, all of it. https://covidactnow.org/?s=38532

Got fresh bread going, now rising on the stove. That's for my husband's lunches for the week... kitchen cleaned up, ferrying coffee into the bedroom on occasion for my husband. He's enjoying his relaxed morning, trolling around the Internet on his laptop. I cannot sit with my legs flat for hours on end, I would be crippled. But then, I've got nine years on him.

I asked him when I brought him his second cup of coffee if he realized that taking care of him is now my job, and he shrugged, grinned, and said, "I hear you only lasted three years at your last one." Snarky boy.

Later y'all,
    Love, Lisa in AR
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello again.

Allie – Hugs to you and your situation with the care of Faith. It seems you cannot get away from the bullies in your life and it’s high time to put your “boot” down. Yes, Jean may work hard but what you are doing is no walk in the park either.

Katla – I am so missing the bulk, olive, and salad bars at my favorite grocery stores too. I love being able to purchase just enough for me.

Heather – Oh, first loves. There is a song by Garth Brooks called “Unanswered Prayers”. I am not a huge country fan, but the song does resonate with me. If some of my younger self prayers were answered I would have missed out on a lot of good times and greater loves. The grands are so precious.

Kim – We are both very fortunate to live in States where there is citrus growing in everyone’s yards and too many farms to count. There is nothing like lemonade made with home-grown lemons! I am with you – I stay away from most of the internet of things unless I need to research something and/or repair something. It’s a great tool, but can be a time warp if visited too frequently.

Rita – Happy 10-year MFP anniversary! How wonderful.

Amber – WTG with the weight loss. I cannot believe how grown up JR looks. He is really growing up.

Barbie – Bernie looks very content. Isn’t it interesting how our cats think every new blanket in the house has been purchased just for them? Love the black irises. Beautiful.

Tracey – I love the new deck and what you have done with it. It will be lovely spending time out there during the summer season.

Rori – Hugs.

Pip – It sounds like your vacation week is loaded with lots of staging tasks. Hope the work goes smoothly and you both find some downtime just to enjoy not having to be at work.

Karen – Interestingly enough I am completely opposite of you. I figure to keep all of those past loves right where they belong – in the past. Recently I had someone contact me almost 30 years later and we have been calling each other from time-to-time. I am finding we are better friends now than we were during our much younger years. Karen – I do not think you are strange. I think love is love. Color, gender, nationality, language, etc. have no bearing on it.

Rebecca – Love the Athena pictures. She is such a happy baby. I am interested to know what type of mineral water you are drinking. Most only contain salt so am surprised your stomach had that reaction.

Kate – Oh, I am so sorry for you and your family’s loss. And, your neighbor too. Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

Margaret – Such a sad state of affairs. Sending you strength.

Machka – I was almost going to go for the PhD until I saw it would cost me between $60-100k depending upon the degree I was going to pursue. Plus it seems most companies here in the States do not want to hire doctorates because they think they will cost too much. So that leaves academia which is very difficult to enter unless one starts out very young here. Maybe I will pursue when retired just to have those letters at the end of my name (yes that would be all ego related on my part – lol).

Sharon – Sorry to hear about the family drama. Hopefully things have worked themselves out.

Dr. Katie – So sad about your neighbor.

Lisa – I am sure you are relieved it will soon be over. As far as your soon to be ex-bosses daughters…..hm, sounds like mom and dad were asleep at the wheel so she gets to deal with what they have sown. Yes, I know that sounds a bit heartless, but honestly I am so tired of parents thinking others will bring up their children for them. And, when the parents are not happy with the results they blame everyone else. It also seems like our sheltering in place has only sped up things for which would have happened later.

We have been informed we will be returning to work on June 15th. We will be on rotating schedules (MWF and then TW, repeat) for the time being. In the email from corporate there was a line “if you cannot work this schedule you must discuss with your manager and HR to see if we will be able to accommodate you”. I am taking this to mean, if you cannot work this schedule and do not have major health issues you can kiss your job goodbye. They have already had a major covid-19 layoff (it was done very secretively) and I believe they are trying to create a round 2 list. I will be safe for at least the end of the year unless I decide to completely change my work habits which is unlikely to happen. Management is well aware of my ability to do any job regardless of how little experience or exposure I have had in the past. I am not worried about being laid off, if it should happen. As per company policy I will get 2 week’s severance for every year I have been employed. As of October 18th I will have been with the company for 10 years. The severance will be a security blanket for me.

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ - SFL
  • LisaInAR
    edited May 2020
    Options
    SuziQ - so good to see you! So glad there is, at least, a good severance package if they are stupid enough to fire you. Hanging on at Cisco long enough to make them lay me off got us to debt-free in a big hurry... and was, in hindsight, worth the risk. At the time, it was horribly stressful... but silver linings in everything.

Lisa
  • Machka9
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Machka – I was almost going to go for the PhD until I saw it would cost me between $60-100k depending upon the degree I was going to pursue. Plus it seems most companies here in the States do not want to hire doctorates because they think they will cost too much. So that leaves academia which is very difficult to enter unless one starts out very young here. Maybe I will pursue when retired just to have those letters at the end of my name (yes that would be all ego related on my part – lol).

SuziQ - SFL

I would like those letters behind my name (ego) but yes, it doesn't really advance me very much. I might be able to get into academia and in my department they usually hire PhDs to be directors ... but do I want to be a director?? There's a lot of stress involved in a position like that. I've been there almost 7 years and have had 5 directors now ... they don't last long. And when they go, most of them are talking about moving to a small town in the middle of nowhere and taking up hobby farming or something.

If I'm bored as a retiree, I might go for it. :)

Meanwhile, I am thinking of pursuing skills like the SQL, languages, etc. instead. Courses that might last 10 weeks in total with no marks or degrees or anything as the goal. Learning just to get better at something.

I do that from time to time between degrees etc. I got quite proficient at Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint at one time. I've taken short courses in Microsoft Project, Solid Edge (CAD system), MYOB and others. And French ... I keep going back and taking French courses. I did take an introductory Spanish course a few years ago which was good.

So that's the sort of thing I'm interested in now ... low stress stuff.

Down here we've been told several times that July 13 is our return to work date, or actually "start to return to work".

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Margaret: Cities all over the country are experiencing unrest, riots and looting. It is heart breaking. The original murder of an innocent man in Minneapolis has ignited chaos across the country. My heart breaks for the murdered man & for all the good citizens of your state, and for every state in our country. I hope you and your family remain safe. :heart:

Pat in Ohio: Our library subscribes to Library-to-Go, a system for checking out e-books. Amazon manages the checkout system. If your local library is a member, you can sign up with your library and then can borrow e-books through Library to Go. I’m reading a book from there now. Our Library is closed because of Covid19, but I can still check out books that I read on my phone thanks to Library to Go. :star: I buy paperback books when I find something that appeals to me, and I have a bookcase filled with old favorites that I reread now and again. Library to Go is a nice addition. :star:

Allie: I hope you get an appointment with your kidney doctor asap. Kidney troubles are not a good thing. :flowerforyou:

Michele: I have a poultry seasoning recipe and sprinkle it on the outside and inside of the chicken. I sprinkle it on and bake the chicken in the oven. The seasoning recipe is both low carb and gluten free. It does a great job adding flavor to the chicken. I found the recipe online at: https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/poultry-seasoning/

Machka: I love the Introvert Weather Channel. :bigsmile:

If I could wish away a horrid incident in Minnesota, I would do so instantly. An evil man wearing a police badge murdered an innocent African American who was doing no harm and breaking no law. Now we are having riots and looting in many cities in America. My heart breaks for the innocent man and his family, for the good hearted citizens of Minnesota, and for all those Americans of any race who are hurt because of this tragedy.

Katla in NW Oregon

Katla they were arresting him for trying to pass forged bills and he appeared drunk. He was over 6 feet and very muscular. He may have been resisting arrest because of this. We were not shown what led up to what happened. I suspect the officers did nothing to deescalate the situation instead we all saw the tragic results.

I witnessed how officers treated my son when they arrested him on a non-violent warrant. My son resisted because they attacked him in his bed and he was mentally ill at the time.They used far more force than was necessary. They came in like they were arresting someone accused of murder. They did nothing to deescalate the situation. I was the one in the middle of a mental health crisis saying breathe and do not resist them. Tased twice in bed. I called for better police training at that time. As I said before the mayor of Minneapolis wanted better training in deescalating techniques at that time and the Police Union refused. I hold the Police Union partially responsible for what happened. This is part of the story that is not being told because it does not fit the story line.

The young man who fixed our refrigerator is skilled in jiu jitsu. He said his instructors have tried to interest the police in their methods because they can subdue a person without doing long term harm. Unfortunately again this fell on deaf ears.

Bottom line their are solutions out there to prevent such tragedies from occurring. They require people being willing to change.

My biggest take away is if an officer tells you to do something you do it and do it calmly. Unfortunately when someone is drunk or mentally ill it is next to impossible for that person to be calm. This is when a police need a different way to handle the situation.

The only time deadly force can be used by an officer is when their life or someone in public life is in danger. To me that is why what that officer did is murder.

To me it is unfortunate they are making this incident about race because it blurs the poor training of the police department. What happened to George could have happened to anyone who that police officer believed he had trouble restraining. The fellow officers needed to intervene and this needs to be part of their training too because now they are accomplices.

I also do not want to forget those who were there when this happened and how traumatic it was for them when they could do nothing to stop him. If you listen you can hear voices telling him to stop just like I kept saying our son is ill and needs to go to the hospital. I remember the devastation I felt when the officers left. I was just numb, and then I had to drive home in a snow storm. I know I suffer from Post Traumatic Disorder because of this.

Thank you for letting me share this part of my life with you. It is fine with me if many of you skipped over this because this touches on many painful issues. When I went through this with my son writing became a way for me to process what happened to me and helped me to start healing.

Unfortunately this latest tragedy opened these wounds. So time to start to garden again and tap into beauty again. The bridal wreathe is spectacular right now I wish I had one in my yard. My yellow iris are just on the verge of blooming.
  • Machka9
    Options
    I am pretty much finished my last assignment ... I'm just running it past my group for review and plan to submit it tomorrow.

The only thing left is an exam.

And next semester, of course!

But after the exam I get a 1-month break from uni stuff. I'll hardly know what to do with myself in the evenings!!

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    My online order arrived last night and one item was a substitute. (You don't have to accept it) I've decided to keep it, Roasted Mediterranean Veg, and will use it tonight for a pasta dish with prawns. :D I'll put a tiny bit of pesto in it. Also having a big bunch of broccoli.
    I've also got my favourite buffalo mozzarella from a farm we used to live near. Tricolore for us tomorrow.

This morning we had great fun Zooming the kids for their quizzes and Bea showing us her splinters. DDIL texted me to tell me how much she was enjoying two of the picture books I wrote. <3
    My son is coming over on Tuesday to pick up his heart monitor because he is going for a long bike ride on his birthday, Wednesday. Then in the afternoon, after school, we are all going to meet at the beach outside Marroccos for pre ordered pizzas and then ice cream. :o Socially distanced, of course. Unfortunately, after weeks of cloudless skies, it is going to be breezy with a chance of a shower. That will mean it's less crowded, of course. :D
    So, I have rescheduled the Zoom with my schoolfriends for 3 pm.

Bananas- I think solos have had it hard, plus overcrowded or abusive set ups. Definitely my solo girlfriends are finding it hard to concentrate and focus. <3 Could you have shingles on your stomach?

Need to do some extra bonus exercise today. I finished my morning session a bit early and took time out for a bath, exfoliation etc etc. Hairwash. Now I'm all soft and smooth. <3 It was nice to dress up a bit and put my face on for the Zoom, even if it is just the kids. I found an old pair of yoga pants in the spare wardrobe that I really like and are reasonably smart and very cool, so I'm enjoying wearing those with a shelf bra camisole. Haven't worn such nice clothes in months! But I'm short on burn, so must get to it.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    biroqsveaso6.jpeg
    kznnn4vd3dy9.jpeg
    pqyyiwwguc74.png
    0i5go99do3ab.jpeg
    avw61ud3oxgj.jpeg
    l2u1ill0ju35.png
    mrl0efuuhazf.jpeg
    9s7w86k9alhy.jpeg
    78m6w7kiz7p2.jpeg
    ytpdh8lcd68i.png
    fspecqk1bb6i.png
    fokumhrch3i7.jpeg
    cd1kf83yeia0.jpeg
    dbwdehtdsf5b.jpeg
    1f3gdgo3aq5p.jpeg
    pmogr8ewsrb1.png
    uf2cbnm7gldv.png
    uics0tqfj4on.png
    Alamo defenders (citizens) some injured y police (some injured) went head to head with protestors (none injured) managed to save it. Only 2 protestors both young college whites girls only out there this morning. Downtown smashed y looted graffiti y more. Alamo defender African man saved the mall for awhile with a fire extinguisher 🧯 he set it off yell Police Tear Gas Run!! Litterely over 10 white college kids who were looting ran out imidiately .Then he repeated until no more extinguisher 🧯 to use. That’s when looters ran in starting by stealing from Neiman Marcus. Got violent around 8pm-2am curfew was set y they called National Gaurd officers from other smaller tiny towns joined in to help. Marriott full of night shift workers y customers had to call for help when giant plant pots were turned over y the plants some rare destroyed. A young white college boy a defender from a smaller town stood in front of a jewelry store in his cowboy duds begging them not to loot it. Then in shock confused cried out why why why to the peaceful protestors so African American older male peaceful protestors/defenders y the police took him in their arms talked to him tried to calm him. Our landmarks graffitied.An Asian restaurant got the most hate torn to pieces the Asian owners have owned it for generations now broken windows to tables. Officers I knew to a homeless man who lovingly sits outside of the Alamo daily even a young Iroquois Indian man peacefully protesting works at Target for years goes to my 3rd cousins Native American PowWows in Bandera peacefully all in the thick of some groups that came in out of nowhere no one knew them started tossing concrete blocks into windows,spray painting,y more. They all wore black clothes at 8pm infiltrates the crowd yelling burn it down. Burn down the Alamo!! Scary night for all.This morning peaceful for now even looters to violent folks got to sleep luckily. Another Riot planned tonight pray the Alamo stands.

Amber San Antonio Tx

Exercising,resting,y calorie watching today .

Curfews in place again tonight. The poor destroyed River Walk ,the poor looted smashed businesses ,y the poor defenders of our city all exhausted after last nights battle to save our city. Tonight a exhausted expected repeat.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Barbie- yes I bought a softy soft blanket that Alfie thinks is his very own...
    As of 4 am today I am.making $18.00 hr until.they get home.. so here i sit,laundry and dishes done,Faith morning routine done,insulin done,breakfast done. Garbage together and will be ready for whatever comes my way...
    But this caregiving I think will be what i do until I retire.. i enjoy it and i know it is a help to both the person and the family too
  • Machka9
    Options
    I am pretty much finished my last assignment ... I'm just running it past my group for review and plan to submit it tomorrow.

The only thing left is an exam.

And next semester, of course!

But after the exam I get a 1-month break from uni stuff. I'll hardly know what to do with myself in the evenings!!

Machka in Oz

Submitted!! :grin:

I've got an exam in about 10 days and then that 1-month break from university! :):) That will be the longest break I've had from university in over a year. I am so looking forward to reaching 7 pm in a day and NOT thinking, "OK what do I need to do for my course this evening".

Machka in Oz