July 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Hello, still wimping out here with the heat and opting for the treadmill and spin.
    Did 8 miles on the treadmill yesterday. The longest I've done on a treadmill actually - however, it wasn't so bad because I used the peloton app and did a couple of treadmill run workouts - made the time easier to bear listening and watching the very uhm good looking male instructors :)
    Spinning today followed by strength training.
    I'm actually glad for this heat wave - in a way it has given me a break. I think running the same few routes over and over and the mileage I was putting in was starting to take it's toll mentally and physically. This is a good change up for a bit (and I can still sleep in a bit!)
    I'll get back out I'm sure.

Is Garmin down for everyone?

@Teresa502 I understand about the lost time going back to work...one of the few perks of this whole remote work/COVID circumstances. Sorry about the marathon. Looks like most will be canceled this year.

@kgirlhart I'll say it again - you an everyone else running in the heat - amazing. I will get back out there as well -just needed a break

@Tramboman How's the back?
    @rheddmobile How's the knee?
    @Elise4270 And you? How are you doing?
    @Avidkeo Did you get your bike?

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    YES, Garmin has been down since at least 5am when I tried to sync my watch 🤬
    I can't believe it has been down ALL day! Must be aliens ;) (sorry, no offense to anyone)

ETA: Oh, it looks like they have fallen victim to a ransomeware attack. See link here https://www.zdnet.com/article/garmin-services-and-production-go-down-after-ransomware-attack/.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    I can't believe it has been down ALL day! Must be aliens ;) (sorry, no offense to anyone)

ETA: Oh, it looks like they have fallen victim to a ransomeware attack. See link here https://www.zdnet.com/article/garmin-services-and-production-go-down-after-ransomware-attack/.

Well. Wow.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Well. Wow.

Well phewy.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options

Well. Wow.

Well phewy.

Well shucky darn.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »

Well. Wow.

Well phewy.

Well shucky darn.

I just did a short run in a thunderstorm... or DID I?? IS ANYTHING REAL? UGH!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Hello, still wimping out here with the heat and opting for the treadmill and spin.
    Did 8 miles on the treadmill yesterday. The longest I've done on a treadmill actually - however, it wasn't so bad because I used the peloton app and did a couple of treadmill run workouts - made the time easier to bear listening and watching the very uhm good looking male instructors :)
    Spinning today followed by strength training.
    I'm actually glad for this heat wave - in a way it has given me a break. I think running the same few routes over and over and the mileage I was putting in was starting to take it's toll mentally and physically. This is a good change up for a bit (and I can still sleep in a bit!)
    I'll get back out I'm sure.

Is Garmin down for everyone?

@Teresa502 I understand about the lost time going back to work...one of the few perks of this whole remote work/COVID circumstances. Sorry about the marathon. Looks like most will be canceled this year.

@kgirlhart I'll say it again - you an everyone else running in the heat - amazing. I will get back out there as well -just needed a break

@Tramboman How's the back?
    @rheddmobile How's the knee?
    @Elise4270 And you? How are you doing?
    @Avidkeo Did you get your bike?

Back is how it's been and will no doubt remain that way for awhile.
    I just got as tired of whining and crying about it as you all got having to read about it.
    So *kitten* my cranky back, and my left hip and knee and my right hip and SI joint as well!!!!! *Kitten* my whole worn out 68 year old body.
    But thanks to my running friends who keep me going.
  • hamsterwheel6
    Options

Well. Wow.

Well phewy.

Well. Wow.

Well phewy.

Well shucky darn.

Well. Wow.

Well phewy.

Well shucky darn.

I just did a short run in a thunderstorm... or DID I?? IS ANYTHING REAL? UGH!

Hahahaha needed this.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    If you use Twitter, you should follow Michael1979 for brilliant advice like:

705t9j8cgml7.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    I decided to do a treadmill run today, to take a break from the heat and humidity.....and so I could sleep later. I did the scheduled workout, even though I haven't been following my plan this month. Today called for a Mixed Interval Run. It was a good one to do on the treadmill so that I could control the pace. It called for varying times for running in a certain HR zone. Instead of using HR zones, I decided to use the paces which I would consider easy, moderate, hard, harder, hardest. LOL So, ranged from 4.5 mph to 6.5 mph. It worked out good. I ran 3.5 miles and walked one.

exercise.png
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I really should have build a workout and synced it to my Garmin last night for tonight, but I didn't. And now I need to do the workout and can't figure out how to build it for my Garmin. Ugh. Maybe I'll need to wing it.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent Where there's a will, there's a way. :lol:

@T1DCarnivoreRunner Probably having problems because the Garmin site is down. See @Scott6255 post above. I hope you figured out how to do the workout anyway.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    I really should have build a workout and synced it to my Garmin last night for tonight, but I didn't. And now I need to do the workout and can't figure out how to build it for my Garmin. Ugh. Maybe I'll need to wing it.

Garmin is down, you probably need to just wing it regardless.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Yes, I knew the Garmin site was down... that is what I was saying, I would have to wing it since I can't build my workout due to the ransomware attack.

It doesn't matter, my digestive system had different ideas and I ended up cutting the run short and making it back to a toilet ASAP while trying not to jostle things too much. I'll maybe swap today's run with tomorrow's strength exercises.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    7/1 – 0 rest days
    7/2 – 5
    7/3 – 8
    7/4 – 6
    7/5 – 4
    7/6 – 5
    7/7 – 5
    7/8 – 3 with Champ
    7/9 – 2 with Champ
    7/10 – 4 with Champ
    7/11 – 4 mile trail race
    7/12 – 3
    7/13 – 5
    7/14 – 3 with Champ
    7/15 - 3
    7/16 -5
    7/17 – 6
    7/18 – 4
    7/19 – 6
    7/20 – rest day
    7/21 – 5
    7/22 – 5 with Champ
    7/23 - 7

98 of 110 miles
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Thank you @TheMrWobbly and a very happy anniversary to you.

@Camaramandy648 thank you. You are a very inspiring person and I’m hoping I can keep pushing with the same enthusiasm as you!

Just back from an 8 mile run and couldn’t get why my Garmin wouldn’t sync. Catch up on here and mystery solved! Am pleased I managed that distance - struggle though it was - as yesterday I had to stop almost as soon as I started with hamstring pain. Have had so many issues with that left hamstring I’m taking no chances! Anyway, all good today and on track for monthly goal, maybe even more...

Hang in there those battling heat, injuries and family pressures. Hope the runs (indoor, outdoor, road and trail) bring joy and peace of mind to you all x

July total: 62.4m
    July goal: 75m

2/6: 6.2m
    3/6: Strength training
    4/6: rest
    5/6: 9m
    6/6: Strength training
    7/6: rest
    8/7: 6.3m
    9/7: Strength training
    10/7: rest
    11/7 8m