WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: I am glad that Apple treated you right and am not surprised by that. I’ve found them to be a good company & we have had several iphones over the years, plus two computers & an ipad that DH loves.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,341 Member
    Options
    Oh, such a delicious dinner! :D Not so slimming, too much olive oil, but worth it. I have done a 900 burn today. Shell on huge prawns in chilli and garlic, with a veggie medley of spinach, peas, broad beans and artichokes, and homemade pesto stirred in. Tagliatelle.
    We had a supermarket delivery today, so I have stinky cheese later. :D After stewed pears.

We had some local news today. Our local council was split between the Labour Party and The Green Party. Three of the labour councillors have resigned because of being accused of anti-semitism. (This is an on going sore in the party) So the council has been handed over to The Greens. (Brighton Pavilion has the only Green member of parliament in the country.) It all made the national news!

Much love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx in sunny Hove.

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    Just a couple comments. I have never had a dishwasher and my kitchen now has no room. Most the time I find washing the dishes relaxing. I tell DH now with the new window I can see all the yards down the block and see what is going on.
    Just staying busy working, Had no or very little hives for about 5 days and today they are back and big and ugly. Still hot and so not doing much outside.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    This was the hotel that was bombed. Stately place. Used to be called The Martha Washington Hotel , then Hotel Rhashneshe, now Campbell Court Hotel. Renovated 2010.
    aacwd0zovmrw.png
    💖Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Options
    Heather: The bank building looks like classical architecture. It is wonderful to see. :star:

Vicki GINE: I am so sorry that you have hives. They are a misery. I hope you recover quickly. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: We drove by that hotel, or one that looked like it, after having my Covid test done in NW Portland. It is a lovely place. I wonder whether it is still a functioning hotel or has been converted it to apartments.

DH is having tummy troubles today, but he went grocery shopping with me for the first time in a while. I hope he feels better soon.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options
    My poor dog has a Covid haircut lol. I do the best I can but he wiggles so! And I'm too cheap to pay for grooming. I trimmed him for thirty minutes and you can barely tell, except by the treats that are gone!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,086 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Tracey great pictures!

Katla son's house had ants too! I sprayed peppermint on the outside of the house. Learned dogs and peppermint do not mix. On the counters and where I thought there were ant trails I take a damp paper towel and pour a little vinegar on it and wipe counter and trails. Vinegar is not supposed to be toxic to dogs. Before Drew I put out borax mixed with powdered sugar. Now that we have her I don't leave this out. It was helping.

Using the peppermint on the outside and vinegar wipe down ant problem is vastly improved. I also try to make sure pet bowl empty and clean and floor also.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Did Tracy Long’s Staying Power DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Gilad’s Total Body Sculpt DVD. This is a new one for me.

Evelyn - *I* thought that “mask” was so very cute. I hope it put a smile on your face…lol I know it did mine. Hmmm..maybe I should use it in my signature???

Dropped off two empty cat litter containers to a gal we played mahjongg with on Monday nights. I only know where I turn off a certain street. Well, they were doing work on that street so I had no idea how to get to her house, I didn’t even know that name of the street! So Dianne (whose house we used to play mahjongg at on Mondays) drove in her car and I followed. I would never in my entire life thought that at one point I should have beared right. Now I know, and it’s really much easier than the way I used to go.

Then to the Salvation Army, got two shirts that I probably didn’t need. Then to Aldi to get what I needed there. The peaches looked so good that I got two bags. Then stopped at Kohl’s and got a towel but it’s really too small so I’ll return that one of these days and a tablecloth that was 50% off plus I got another 15% off. Then home and in the pool (where else?)

We can’t figure out what’s up with these flags at the house next door to us. They are the blue ones. Blue usually denotes where a water line is. Well, these flags go to the back of their property along ours, across the front of their property. That’s IT. It can’t be survey. First of all, a survey puts down stakes, not the flags. It can’t be for a fence. That wouldn’t keep anything in. Maybe they just haven’t been able to do the flags on the other side of their property, that’s all I can think of. But why put the fence in the front yard? They do have a dog and two small children. I don’t know

Tracey – lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing

Sue WA – Sending good vibes for a good outcome with the mole

SuziQ – congrats on your windfall

KJ – amazing pics

Michele NC
    xc5l3fpr0rbx.gif
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,684 Member
    Options
    pp
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Katla I don't have a dog and also I am now staying at my little place 90 miles further east up the river. If it was early morning walking, I wouldn't have my dentures in and look like I am 90. Haha! I have to be careful where I walk as I am mostly deaf and partially blind. I really would like to consolidate and get something like the semi RV and just hire a driver when I needed to relocate. I am hoping the eye surgeon is right and my eyes get back in sync soon so I can sew, paint, and do small wood crafts and sculptor. I would like to have a work area in my dream RV. Computing with one eye closed is a pain but I can't bring myself to wear an eye patch. Aargh!!
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have struggled today. Well not so much struggled as happily ate. Without boundaries. Just that kinda day. Feel down today, hence the eating. Sigh
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Rebecca Oh yes, they were trying to overthrow Oregon. Amazing how they built such a place and took over Antelope. I never had any confrontation with any of them and just kept to myself and around close friends as I still do. I do regret eating at Taco time that one day. It was the most painful 3 days of my life and took 2 weeks to recover.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Della Faye Fox,

I’m happy you’re in a lovely place. I hope we’ll be able to touch bases in Women 50+.

Katla
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,532 Member
    Options
    Faye, so glad you recovered well! But a long time recovering! Knock on wood, I have never gotten food poisoning.
    Katla, I felt blessed to work there. My first job there, between my junior and senior year was as a lobby assistant. I loved it and made lots of friends. The vault was huge, and there was shiny marble everywhere!
    💖Rebecca
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm . . . realized I hadn't been on since July 11. 746 posts. Catching up may take a minute!

Ginny in Ohio
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the hugs and condolences. I’m in a “so over 2020” funk, but I’ll bounce back.

Several posts back someone was looking for knee strengthening exercise and didn’t have a lot of room. I can’t rememer who, now. I wanted to suggest calf raises. You can do this using the kitchen counter as a balance bar. Do them plain, then turn your toes in, then point them out. Do each one until you feel the burn. I like to do 50-75 of each. Squats don’t take up much room either.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Rebecca, You’re a natural at making people feel comfortable when they’re a little tense or need to know where to go. I’ll bet you we’re excellent in that job.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,349 Member
    Options
    ☘️