Faye
    OR/WA
    On the bank of the river where the
    mighty prehistoric sturgeon still swim
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Katla, Faye is your neighbor down the street dontchaknow!😁

Down the river from Katla I am guessing.

Faye
    OR/WA
    On the bank of the river where the
    mighty prehistoric sturgeon still swim

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    More on bottle bills- British Columbia, Canada also has a bottle bill. I don’t know about other Canadian Provinces.

I’m way behind, over 300 posts and I lost my streak. I was at 895 days 6 days ago. I’m so sorry I forgot to log in, but had a great trip.

I know that New Brunswick and Alberta do have a bottle bill, I know Manitoba does not.
    I think PEI doesn’t allow any plastic bottles only glass.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🌛
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    How do you get a signature that shows at the bottom on every post automatically?

I know there's supposed to be a feature that does it automatically, and I've tried, but I've never gotten it to work.

And now I can't find it. I'll look some more.

Ah, it was the Ticker ... but I don't think it happens automatically.

83892792.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Thank you all for the condolences and hugs. Banging my head against a wall in grief. In talking to another friend about Mary, she informed me that another mutual friend had died of COVID-19. This has not been a good day. So far I have managed to not eat my emotions. Now, RIP Helen!

So sorry. :(
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Kelly - I recommended a CBD cream to a friend for her husband who suffers from RA in his hands. She said he put some on and within a few hours was able to move his hands like he hadn’t in years.

Machka - if I could do anything I wanted for a career I think I would go into some kind of counselling/ therapist helping young men and women late teens early 20’s.

Tracey
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Google Maps - there have been stories of people following their GPS blindly and ending up stranded. In New Brunswick a young nurse was moving from Quebec to start a new job, her GPS took her down an old logging road. She was stranded for 4 days before being found.

• Machka9
    Options
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Katla, Happy Birthday!!

It's my birthday tomorrow and DIL's on the 28th, so I've invited them over for dinner on Saturday.

Congrats to those celebrating, hugs for those who need them and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island

Happy Birthday! :)

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    I am odd in that I actually enjoy cleaning to some degree. When I have something on my mind I find cleaning gives me good thinking time. I like having no one around when I do it. As for daily cleaning I do most of it, but it’s just hubby and I so it doesn’t take long.

Tracey
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA, Okie, Heather, SuziQ, Lisa, Michele, Barbie, Carol in GA, Allie, and Machka, many thanks for the birthday wishes! Didn't do anything special, having family over for dinner Saturday as DIL's b-day is next week. Have been trying to order from a trattoria in town that I have a gift card for, turns out that they aren't open Mon or Tues and although I read their website as saying take out orders could be ordered 7 days a week it turns out that's not right, so I shall phone tomorrow. They have family size meals that I can pick up cold and then just heat up on Saturday. I ended up emailing them, and was very relieved to find out that no tragedy had befallen them!
    Viv, so sorry to hear that your loved ones are not doing well.
    Heather, glad hubby is feeling better, too bad he won't just sit to pee, seems like such an easy solution....
    Lisa, I hope your guys get/got the darn fence posts set! Good idea inching the temp up in the house gradually.
    Pip! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's a lovely view, your ride into work, but you are a brave woman! I do not have the courage to be riding that close to traffic for that length of time!
    Faye, thanks for the info on vertigo! I had no idea! Also sorry to hear that you have had such a time with it.
    Michele, Dennis's mask! LOL
    Annie, hang in there, it will come! Our muscles need to be gently and gradually built up, but it will happen!
    Katie, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your friends Mary and Helen.
    Katla, hope your backside feels better soon!
    Tracey, so glad you had a good time camping!
    Dishwashers, love mine and will not be without one ever again! Yes, it takes us a few days to fill it, but that's okay!
    GPS, well, more specifically, google maps.... I was working for a housecleaning company and so printed directions were very necessary, especially for the first time that I went to a house. Most of the time it was okay, but the directions at the end of the day when I was headed for home, had me turning left across two lanes of traffic and then somehow magically floating over the traffic island that separates from the oncoming traffic.... I have no idea how google thought that was going to be managed, and the stupidest part is, that's the way the road always was! The traffic island was not a new addition! I would just shake my head...
    That's it for me for today.
    Congrats to those celebrating, hugs for those needing them and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where the wind is cooling things off nicely!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Beth - I was raised by a Stay at home Mom and my grandparents lived right beside us. My Grandmother was a teacher who retired from teaching the year I was born. My role models did all the housework and took care of the men. I thought this was what it was supposed to be like. For the first 7 years of our marriage I waited on my husband hand and foot, didn’t expect anything of him. At the seven year mark we went through a very bad spell, in figuring it out I realized I really resented that I had to do it all. In fairness, he was a long haul truck driver so was rarely home for more than a couple days at a time. Since then he offers regularly to do things and most importantly I actually know it’s not my responsibility and will tell him so if I’m feeling taken advantage of.

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    Evelyn and Katla - Happy birthday to you both.

Pip - sorry about Boots and congratulations on your last day of work!

Heather - what a scare with DH! So glad he wasn’t seriously injured.

My Dad passed out from coughing and had to give up driving 3 months before he passed when he had a coughing spell on a turn close to their house and went off the road. He hit the guide line that holds power poles in place and it put a hole in the gas tank. He had to walk more than a mile to get home and my Brother had to go rescue the car.

• Machka9
    Options
    HEATHER I was a volunteer in the Northwest Hearing and Balance Research center for several years and knew Dr. John Epley and Dr. Owen Black very well ( a patient with both) and I was the first to try many of their new machines. I also hosted an online vestibular support group for a few years. Anyway, tell your husband to SIT DOWN! Next fall may dislodge the crystals but may also open a perilymph fistula and on a good day, he can sit on the pot with assistance. Vertigo from positional vertigo (inner ear crystals) is fun compared to a fistula which is difficult to heal or full-blown endolymphatic hydrops which is hard to control, even for the most dedicated. I have suffered all 3 and doing great now but I can never fly, be in a boat or ship, or even travel far by auto. Even after years of balance exercises and therapy, I still cannot walk a straight line. Trauma to the neck and head can sure cause serious inner ear problems.

My husband had a workplace accident in March 2018 which resulted in a severe traumatic brain injury. He has made a "remarkable recovery" (to quote the doctors). Their initial predictions were that he'd live out his days in fully-assisted living in a nursing home. Instead he is living at home and quite independent.

However, one of the many effects the injury had on him is BPPV. He sees a physiotherapist trained in the Epley manouver and other related things and we've been advised NOT to use a Youtube video to try to do it ourselves, but rather to have a professional (like this physiotherapist) work with him. The reason for that is because the professionals know what to look for (in the eyes, the way the eyes react) and the Epley manouver isn't always the right one for him ... or sometimes he needs to have a series of different manouvers ... or other times he needs to have it done several times.

And they've also come to the conclusion that he will likely continue to have some vertigo for the rest of his life just because of the brain injury.

Other effects of his brain injury include double vision, eye nerve palsy, and other vision issues, weak left leg & foot, and weak right arm, each of which can have an effect on balance. Plus he has had a number of seizures - one grand mal and several absence seizures.

So he has trouble with stairs, light and dark shading on the footpath, walking at night, and has quite a lot of difficulty bending over to pick something up.

But I found it interesting that you knew Dr. John Epley and Dr. Owen Black very well!!

Machka in Oz
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Kay)))

Rebecca: I love the Paul Coello Quotation: "Un-becoming everything that isn’t really me is a great explanation of what I try to accomplish." This is a work in progress. :star:

Allie: Thanks for the birthday wishes. :smiley:

Dellafayefox aka Faye OR/WA: We also live on the river with the mighty sturgeon. Most of the sturgeon near us are in the channel between Sauvie Island and Hwy 30. We live below Sauvie Island, beside the Columbia River. :smiley:

Evie: Thanks for your good wishes. They must be helping. I’m not quite a s sore as I was. :flowerforyou:

I had loads of ideas of things I should do today but I didn’t have as much energy as I thought. I went shopping for vitamins and came home. I’ve been pretty well tired most of the day and hope to get a good night’s sleep tonight.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,482 Member
    Options
    Katla just tell everyone you live in HalloweenTown.💖🎃