WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Viv Don't worry about keeping up. You know we love it whenever you drop in. Sorry about your sister-in-law and about Logan…. (((Hugs)))

Lisa Good for you edging that thermostat up! I am going to follow suit. How are you standing the humidity, though?

Karen in Virginia

Ditto what Karen said, Viv... and Karen, it's a sauna every time you step outside... but the a/c keeps it around 40% when it's 80% outside. Survivable inside, and outside only in the coolest of the morning.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did a segment of the Dressed Up Drills DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Tracy Long’s Staying Power DVD
    When you bold something, it is lower than the rest of the sentence. What’s up with that?

Barbie

YOU sitting? What’s this world coming to?

Pip

Tomorrow’s the day, huh? You get to sleep in

Cars: a while ago I had all the dents from shopping carts removed. It cost almost $1,000. Now when I go to the store, I park in no-man’s-land. A few advantages, I have to walk further to get to the store and there’s much less chance that someone or I will back into each other.

Evelyn
    Happy Birthday

Viv UK
    Good thought for your sister.

I need to call to see if I need an oil change. I swear the number on the sticker on the windshield is one number and Vince says it’s another one. So I need to find out which it is

Lisa
    I don’t mind if the house is a bit warmer, as long as it isn’t humid.

Michele NC
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    HEATHER I was a volunteer in the Northwest Hearing and Balance Research center for several years and knew Dr. John Epley and Dr. Owen Black very well ( a patient with both) and I was the first to try many of their new machines. I also hosted an online vestibular support group for a few years. Anyway, tell your husband to SIT DOWN! Next fall may dislodge the crystals but may also open a perilymph fistula and on a good day, he can sit on the pot with assistance. Vertigo from positional vertigo (inner ear crystals) is fun compared to a fistula which is difficult to heal or full-blown endolymphatic hydrops which is hard to control, even for the most dedicated. I have suffered all 3 and doing great now but I can never fly, be in a boat or ship, or even travel far by auto. Even after years of balance exercises and therapy, I still cannot walk a straight line. Trauma to the neck and head can sure cause serious inner ear problems.

SHARON Most of my neighbors are night folks. Two of them go to bed at 3 AM. We have little trouble in our immediate area because someone is up 24/7. A great neighborhood watch. We rarely hear gunshots and when we do they are distant. A few days ago I heard CLOSE gunshots at 02:30 hours and called the police. They said probably fireworks. I told the cop no I was raised on a ranch and know about guns and can tell the difference, In fact I said, it was a .22. He drove around and could see nothing. I did my own investigation at daylight 5 AM and sure enough, I spotted a bloodied opossum in a neighbors side yard. I went around the front and he was sitting on his porch drinking coffee in his boxers. "Nice shooting cowboy, a .22 wasn't it?" I said. "I don't know what you are talking about old woman," he muttered straight-faced. "Good thing the cop last night didn't see that dead possum in your side yard," I quipped. I assured him my lips were sealed but suggested he make a silencer for his rifle using a foam tube over his barrel and extending about 6 " over the end. He is one of these guys that know it all and for a woman to know more about guns, carpentry, even chainsaw work, really bothers him.

SUZIEQ Do you use any product on your hair? I can never get mine to hold its body without hair spray. My old hairdresser gave me some mousse that was supposed to do miracles but it didn't work out well for me so now I just wash it and get it fluffed and laying the way I want and then spray it.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    I thought this was cute

Michele NC

Actually, it might be better than what some people are doing (wearing a mask incorrectly)

• Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

So, to join in (late) with the Housekeeping chat - I really (truly) dislike cleaning, always have, and I am untidy. I use about 5 spoons when I cook when 1 would do. I was married for nearly 20 years and did 99% of the cooking and 99% of the cleaning. Been divorced nearly 20 years now and am still friends with my ex husband. I remain the same - but he is a clean and tidy freak! He cleans, and cooks and washes up and his house is always spick and span. The man who didnt know one end of a hoover from another is now obsessed with clean floors, hoovers daily and keeps even his spare bedroom neat as a pin. Huh!

We rarely hear gunshots and when we do they are distant. A few days ago I heard CLOSE gunshots at 02:30 hours and called the police.

I have to confess I am glad that, here, in England, I have never heard a gunshot. Glad we dont have guns! And if someone ever fired a gun I'm sure I wouldnt know the sound, let alone if it was a .22 :)

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Barbie [/b]
    YOU sitting? What’s this world coming to?

Michele NC

:)MIchele, Me sitting for a long time is as strange as you staying home for days at a time--it's just not our nature.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    679775z29uksi0yq.gif
    Evelyn
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    EVELYN ~ Happy, Happy Birthday.

PIP ~ Yeah for your last day.

HEATHER ~ Glad your DH is feeling better. Have a great pizza lunch.

I am trying to make another appointment to go back to the ENT. I took the meds he gave me and I have not gotten any relief.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Yeah Pip! Love your last day photos. :D What is that mountain/volcano in the background?
    CONGRATULATIONS! I retired st 55, so you are well overdue. B)

Pizza lunch was wonderful. We got there early, grabbed an outside table and had plenty of space around us. I had to fill in a contact details form. Plastic glasses etc, but never mind. I had my usual 'white' pizza. Soooooo good. Fatto is a huge part of Hove for us, so I really hope they survive. The other faves are Shandiz, (Persian)which also delivers, but has no outside space, and Terre a Terre, (vegetarian) which is only opening a few sets a week. I could risk inside there if I had my favourite window table. They don't deliver because the food is very fancy indeed, with everything arranged daintily. Not really back of a motorbike stuff. I'm sure the economics are on a knife edge.
    Then we wandered down to the sparkling sea and watched the happy groups on the beach. I walked with her down to the Peace Angel and then turned back for home. She went on to Brighton train station.
    Absolutely knackered. :D

Faye - Yes, yes and yes. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    My newer car. It is a 2017 alerts me to other cars when in another parking lot. I think it is one of its best features. I know it has saved me an accident or two.

Drew, our new dog, still likes to chew some and lick. The putting a dab of peanut butter on a clean white rag is helping tremendously with this. She licks off the peanut butter and then chews the clean white rag. This way I don'T give her too much peanut butter, She is so small. 11.5 pounds I have to be very careful not to over feed her. I also put just a dab of peanut with her clean marrow bone. She is only allowed one to two a week of the raw marrow bones. This bone help with her chewing too.

I am learning more and more how dogs socialize in healthy ways. Unfortunately her new friend across the street has a dog next door that gets Drew upset. Then it upsets her friend. Because she is a rescue and small have to take into account she can be hyper and anxious around other dogs.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Yeah Pip! Love your last day photos. :D What is that mountain/volcano in the background?
    CONGRATULATIONS! I retired st 55, so you are well overdue. B)

Pizza lunch was wonderful. We got there early, grabbed an outside table and had plenty of space around us. I had to fill in a contact details form. Plastic glasses etc, but never mind. I had my usual 'white' pizza. Soooooo good. Fatto is a huge part of Hove for us, so I really hope they survive. The other faves are Shandiz, (Persian)which also delivers, but has no outside space, and Terre a Terre, (vegetarian) which is only opening a few sets a week. I could risk inside there if I had my favourite window table. They don't deliver because the food is very fancy indeed, with everything arranged daintily. Not really back of a motorbike stuff. I'm sure the economics are on a knife edge.
    Then we wandered down to the sparkling sea and watched the happy groups on the beach. I walked with her down to the Peace Angel and then turned back for home. She went on to Brighton train station.
    Absolutely knackered. :D

Faye - Yes, yes and yes. :#

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

thats mount rainier
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    I can feel my right side quads today after just two minutes on the stepper. They need work! The trick is to get through the weak recovery stage without twisting anything. But this is progress.

Annie in Delaware
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I haven't slept much. Too worried about DH falling again. He WILL NOT SIT DOWN to pee. Grrr! I've told him I'm just going to leave him lying there. Actually, I will just call 999 (emergency). I moved into the front bedroom to read, instead of upstairs, so I could hear him fall more easily. Heard him creep along once and asked him if he was ok. He said yes. With his prostate he has to go several times a night. I do too and I keep putting the seat down every time.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Make him clean the bathroom (or at least around the toilet) and he may start sitting down to pee. :smile:

Tina
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Viv Don't worry about keeping up. You know we love it whenever you drop in. Sorry about your sister-in-law and about Logan…. (((Hugs)))

Lisa Good for you edging that thermostat up! I am going to follow suit. How are you standing the humidity, though?

Karen in Virginia

Ditto what Karen said, Viv... and Karen, it's a sauna every time you step outside... but the a/c keeps it around 40% when it's 80% outside. Survivable inside, and outside only in the coolest of the morning.

Lisa, your A/C is doing a superb job of keeping that indoor humidity under control and I am really envious! We have a 2-zone up-to-date system, but don't approach 40% humidity indoors EVER. More like 55% if we are lucky. I wonder if we need vapor barrier or some moisture control measures for around our house! Sheeesh!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    (((Heather))): I would be worried, too. I asked DH about it. In the past he had kidney stones that would cause him to pass out due to pain. I hope you can talk Johnny into seeing his physician about it. If all else fails, guilt him into it because you are worried. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Your ride to work looks like it is beautiful in good weather. I am guessing it will be a happy memory when you move to CA. You’ll have new adventures in the near future and photos to remember your time in WA. :star:

Thank you to everyone for the good birthday wishes yesterday. I had phone calls from both of my adult children and my daughter in law PLUS my best friend from junior high & high school. She was the maid of honor at our wedding 50 years ago. It was a really wonderful surprise to hear from her.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Carol Hope your ENT problem resolves soon.

c.gifo.gifn.gifg.gifr.gifa.gift.gifu.gifl.gifa.gift.gifi.gifo.gifempty.gif

p.gifi.gifp.gifs.gift.gife.gifr.gif
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    B)<3LAST DAY OF WORK!!! LAST DAY OF GETTING UP AT 3:30AM, LAST DAY OF LEAVING THE HOUSE ON A BICYCLE AT 4-4:30AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE END OF AN ERA

Congrats! Must be a great feeling!

Tina
  • KetoneKaren
    Options
    c.gifo.gifn.gifg.gifr.gifa.gift.gifu.gifl.gifa.gift.gifi.gifo.gifn.gifs.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gif
    p.gifi.gifp.gifs.gift.gife.gifr.gif