WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    When I did the Dix test they were definitely on the right. :D

Annie - I don't want to suggest I got things right. I went out with one guy for 9 months who turned out to be mainly gay, and one guy who was honest about his lack of commitment possibilities, but I didn't want to believe him. I was obsessed with him. Not his fault, purely mine for not listening. I thought he had a halo. :o I have been 'in love' with so many, but IRL.

LOVE Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Heather How old is J? Will you do two things for me and that might help poor J? First find a place with a level smooth floor, like an empty garage or gay radge as you may say and make sure he can walk 5 meters without running into anything and also 3 meters to either side without a problem. Mark a spot on the wall or garage door that is straight ahead and perfectly centered. Now have J face that way and get lined up with that marked spot and inform him you want him to walk straight ahead, but not yet. Blindfold him and then have him walk and have him stop about 1 meter before he runs into the wall. Now measure the distance he has veered off-center and record what side and give me this info. Next is have him sit as in the photo and keeping head centered neither down nor up but straight ahead, have him turn slowly to the right keeping the same plane and go as far as he can. Try to get where his chin is over his shoulder. Hold that for one minute then have him go back to center about twice as fast as he went out. Ask him what he felt but only let him stay at center for 30 seconds. Then repeat the same to the left and back and do a complete interrogation recording if he noticed any differences, even very minor ones. Reply on this thread with the results. He may have it on both sides and such a large amount of crystals that any maneuvers need to be done by a highly qualified vestibular therapist. If one-sided I can suggest a hot/cold pack therapy that works for me but I need to know what side. The side of the problem is the opposite of the side of weakness. For example, all my problems are mostly on the right side, but my left side is the affected one, weaker, and the one where I lose balance more easily. Does he walk outside daily? I can also suggest using walking poles and how to use the tap method to help train eyes and muscles to help override any inner ear nerve loss.

Faye
    bet1gi2fiocy.jpg
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Heather Has J ever had a VNG test?
    Also when you do the DIX-Hallpike test do you notice any pattern to his nystagmus? This might give a clue to which semi-circular canal the crystals like to frequent. Sadly as we age those of us with BPPV may experience more frequent vertigo.
    Faye
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,205 Member
    Options
    Faye:
    I believe your math is correct.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Yvonne in TX: It sounds to me like you and I have similar shopping strategies. Today I was able to get things I needed when the store wasn’t busy. In the early morning the shelves are freshly stocked and the store isn’t out of things I want to buy. It took a fraction of the time this morning than it will take in the afternoon or evening. :star:

Mistyangela81: Welcome. The pursuit of good health is, indeed, a long haul. It is great to be a part of an encouraging group. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Johnny looks uncomfortable & I hope he feels better soon. It is the vertical wrinkles between his eyes that make me feel that he might be hurting a bit. Good wishes to you and to Johnny. (((HUGS)))

Karen: Olivia looks fabulous!!!!! :heart:

Regarding sewing machines: We had several sewing machines over time. The one I regret parting with was a little black singer machine. It was mistakenly sold in a garage sale and I still feel bad about it. I inherited my mom’s Viking/Husqvarna sewing machine. It will do everything but dance. We used it to replace and repair curtains on our RV. It is an excellent machine & we had a good experience. That machine will not be sold in my lifetime. :noway:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,205 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    etjfy1bajk8z.jpg

OLIVIA

Oh, what a sassy one. Adorable!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    trucker743 wrote: »
    Debbie in Napa Valley, try once a week, see if the scale moves. If not, I’d try two days in a row, then wait a week.

Heather, Johnny does look a bit contemplative in that shot. As in, “He contemplated the ways he’d make her pay for what she’d put him through. Nothing really noticeable. A trace of salt in her tea? Perhaps a soupçon of vinegar in the wine? He’d decide later, he decided. After a nap.”

Sharon, Sleepy in Seattle

Thanks!!! I will try that. So, try 1300 or 1400 one day or closer to 1200? Not sure how much over I should go

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Debbie,thank you so much.. don't know what the dosage is until.i get the bottle which should be Saterday...
    Help with stress too thats a bonus...
    Hair came out great as usual
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,975 Member
    Options
    Debbie,thank you so much.. don't know what the dosage is until.i get the bottle which should be Saterday...
    Help with stress too thats a bonus...
    Hair came out great as usual

I would start with 4 or 5, see how they work, it says you can take them again in 20 min(I think that is what it is) if needed.

Debbie
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,763 Member
    Options
    Lisa - most fiber is from psyllium, but Heather's tummy fiber is from acacia instead. My tummy likes it better! Amazon carries it.

I'm bummed today. I had been texting a guy I met online for maybe a month. He said the sweetest things, to the point where it was really too much, but flattery always feels great. Now he asked me for money.

So I guess I will block him, even though I half believe his story. I do not do banking with people I barely know, even if he says he loves me. Scam or not, the relationship was one-sided and going nowhere.

Oh well, there is already a new guy on the horizon. I just hate to be rude to the old guy. Guess I will have to put my big girl panties on and just block him.

Annie in Delaware

Sorry Annie, there is so much of that scamming happening. Too bad people that pull these scams couldn’t use their knowledge for good. Stick to your guns don’t cave on sending money.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Sharon ... you've received good suggestions! My only (OCD) advice is to straighten that picture by the door first! Everything else can wait ... :D

Lisa ... love the housekeeping meme! As for punctuation ... the "new" style they're teaching on the college level puts the question mark outside of the quotation marks. I would proofread my son's papers and he would get marked for incorrect use of quotation marks. I'm with you though.

Thanks all for the comments on the flowers. I'm going to contact the vendor. They weren't what I ordered.

Beth

I put mine on the outside, I don’t remember what I was taught in school, but I’m pretty sure that’s how I was taught when I took a business communications course. So many rules change that not everyone is aware of so I feel like I can’t please everyone.

Tracey
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
    Iuuuuu
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Katla - 8th grade girls! I would never want to go back to that period of my life ever. You had to have remarkable patience to teach that grade.

Flea- I agree, I love listening to music while I clean.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    All of a sudden Miss Athena Rose looks like a little girl instead of a baby…how beautiful she is!!!