What a shock Drkatie. :'( So sorry. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »
    Pg. 58

I never was a clean freak. I do what’s necessary but dislike doing it. Mostly because my DH loves clutter and mess. Can’t touch his messes (piles of stuff) so have to work around it. Discouraging so hate cleaning.

RvRita

Exactly my situation. I hate clutter, but I can't help what he does.

Tina

I Believe that everything has a Place and everything in its place makes life so much easier! But not DH. Loses stuff all the time because he never puts it back where it’s supposed to go. I did however get him trained for the keys at least after 20 years! Lol

RV Rita
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Dr Katie))): I am saddened for the loss of your dear friend. Good friends are treasures in life. 🌹🌹🌹🌹
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Kay ~ So sorry about your friend.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    Katla - Happy Birthday! Today is my DB's birthday too.

Heather - Glad DH is home and OK.

We picked our first blueberries yesterday. I think we are going to have a good crop this year. Also have cherry tomatoes that are almost ripe. Coyotes have been hanging around our neighborhood all day today.

Everyone take care Sue in WA

I have two little blueberry plants I just planted this year- no berries from them BUT, my raspberries are totally taking over my front yard. We had a nice crop a month ago and have another bigger one coming on in a week or so. I started with two plants, planted two more. From the first two they have spread to a row of over 15" long if not longer- taking over my roses and blocking me from getting to my little dwarf lemon tree. They are only 3-4yrs old(the original ones) but then the newer ones are a year old and then just this year- all are producing(except for the original 2 plants- they still haven't produced- just big plants.
    I traded raspberry cuttings for blackberry plants from my dad- he grows thornless blackberries- has 2 100ft rows of them. One plant is doing well but not producing yet- need to replace the other. Need to go up and pick berries with dad soon- One of my favorite things to do- just spending time with him and coming home with a few gallons of ripe, organic black berries that don't tear you up when you pick them.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    c.gifo.gifn.gifg.gifr.gifa.gift.gifu.gifl.gifa.gift.gifi.gifo.gifn.gifs.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gifempty.gif
    p.gifi.gifp.gifs.gift.gife.gifr.gif

💖
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katie So sorry. (((Hugs)))

• Whidislander
    Options
    So sorry Katie about the passing of your dear Mary. (((((hugs)))))!)
    Maybe it would be calming to read one of your favorite all time books, in her honor.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I haven't slept much. Too worried about DH falling again. He WILL NOT SIT DOWN to pee. Grrr! I've told him I'm just going to leave him lying there. Actually, I will just call 999 (emergency). I moved into the front bedroom to read, instead of upstairs, so I could hear him fall more easily. Heard him creep along once and asked him if he was ok. He said yes. With his prostate he has to go several times a night. I do too and I keep putting the seat down every time.

I'm as stiff as a board myself from tensing up. Even my knee has come out in protest! I had to do some complicated things to get into the bathroom yesterday to help him and my knee didn't like it. My whole body feels as if it's been in an accident.

Today I'm going to wash my hair, do the majority of my exercises, put my face on, and set out for the train station to meet my friend. Then we will wander through Hove to Fatto a Mano and see if they have an outside table. We will be there early, so I think it's likely. Then a stroll to the beach. I will wear my huge Chinese folding hat and cover up as the sun is shining. Hope my knee behaves. All in all it will be about 4 miles.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATLA :drinker: <3<3<3 How lovely to hear from your old friend.

I do various knee exercises every day and it has made an enormous difference. I was almost crippled before. Yesterday's wriggling and squeezing through the door gap was unusual. :# It still doesn't enjoy twisting movement. Being able to 'run' on it was amazing to me.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Heather- hope you have a great day with your friend and you get some rest tonight- Sure hope stubborn husband will give in and do what is the safest for him.
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Today is Invite An Alien To Live With Your Day!

How's that for a weird one? "Invite an Alien to Live with You Day celebrates Mork & Mindy, a television show that starred Pam Dawber as Mindy and Robin Williams as Mork, an alien from the planet Ork whom Mindy invited to live with her. The day takes place on Robin Williams' birthday, so he is celebrated as well. During Mork & Mindy's four year run, 55 to 60 million people tuned in each week to watch it."

Michele - It depends on the depth and source of the water. Our Corps of Engineers lakes, which are often fairly shallow, can feel like bath water in the summer. Yech! But the deep lakes and spring-fed rivers stay cool. Barton Springs in Austin is pretty constant at 68 to 74 degrees Fahrenheit. The Lower Colorado River Authority says the Blanco River, where we'll be this weekend, is around 84 degrees right now, which feels pretty cool when it's 104 outside!

Sharon - I'm a night person, but I've always found that camping time is different from home time so I often wake up earlier and go to bed earlier when we're out on a camping trip. Maybe it's being closer to nature that makes the difference.

Machka - Oh, yes, I don't do dark movies but I'll happily watch gruesome mysteries and crime shows on TV. I guess Midsomer Murders is just less emotionally compelling than a full-length movie. It seems like Midsomer would have run out of villagers by now, though.

bananasandoranges - We don't have a dishwasher either. No doubt whoever buys this house next will gut the kitchen and put one in but I'm OK with it. That's not to say I wouldn't enjoy having one, but we get by.

drkatiebug - Condolences on the loss of your friend Mary.

I have an appointment with my dentist tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see what they're doing differently due to the pandemic. It's hard to imagine any way to make that whole process safer.

Have any of you been able to see Comet NEOWISE? It is supposed to have its closest approach Thursday while we're at the river, so we should have nice dark skies and good viewing if it isn't overcast. We have a small telescope down there, so if it's clear I'll set it up.

My week is dragging by and it feels like it should be Thursday already.

-Yvonne in TX
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    PIP I was guessing Rainier and it sure looks like Puyallup. Looking from the Columbia River in Eastern Washington/Oregon years ago I shot this photo and people still argue with me that it is Rainier and not Mt. Adams. It is too near the Columbia to be Rainier. This photo was taken at about 125 miles as the crow flies.
    d3340dlvjy5g.jpg
  • Faetta
    edited July 2020
    Options
    For all you Northwest girls. Can you identify these mountains? Both photos are taken by me.
    u59rbpsrdyli.jpg
    per62ygn19zm.jpg

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    <3Katie, I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. I think I would find decluttering to be a way to soothe myself in grief. We gave away the cups and saucers from our dishes. Yesterday we gave away a lot of wooden salad bowls and serving bowls that we haven't used in at least ten years.

<3 Barbie
  • Faetta
    Options
    KATIE Really sorry to hear about losing a friend. It is hard regardless of age and/or disability. Hugs and take care. Faye
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Ugh had a long ost and poof
  • Faetta
    Options
    How do you get a signature that shows at the bottom on every post automatically?
  • Whidislander
    Options
    How do you get a signature that shows at the bottom on every post automatically?

Like this?
    💖Rebecca
  • Whidislander
    Options
    I just type it.😁
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington