WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    karen VA-Olivia <3 Oh my! Three going on 13? She looks like a feisty one!
    Rebecca- Athena! o:) Where did the baby go? She looks so much older with her hair in pigtails!
    Heather- I am so glad you and Johnny have each other to help with little health issues that pop up; and I am glad to see Johnny up and moving again! BTW, I have been enjoying the pics of Max, Edie, and Bea as well! They grow so fast!
    Faye- WAs it you that posted the shawl with pockets? I love that! I need to learn to knit or crochet so I can make myself one.
    Machka- Ugh! The stresses of returning to work, when you are still in recovery mode! So glad you have a safe place to return to and a warm being in which to find comfort.

My week back to work has been going well. Had one little mishap yesterday; one of the three year olds accidentally flushed his underwear down the toilet! Luckily, it went all of the way through the pipes and my toilet didn't clog. I guess size 2T undies are flushable?!
    It has been incredibly warm here (90s) and a half hour of my morning is always filled with getting my yard ready for the kids. Filling the pools, getting the toys out, uncovering the sandbox, getting swimsuits and towels ready to be changed into...

So...I better scoot and get those things done. Love and hugs to all who need them! WElcome new girls! ttfn KJ (Kelly)

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Oh, I began intermittent fasting on my vacation. I am doing an 18:6, seven days a week. I am glad I was able to start it on my vacation because it gave me a week to get used to the "hungries" and not be "hangry" with the kids. I might revise it to 17:7; because now that I am busy in the mornings, I am getting hungry earlier.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    All of a sudden Miss Athena Rose looks like a little girl instead of a baby…how beautiful she is!!!

I was thinking the same thing Karen. She is a beauty.
  • SuziQ113
    edited July 2020
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Faye- WAs it you that posted the shawl with pockets? I love that! I need to learn to knit or crochet so I can make myself one.
    So...I better scoot and get those things done. Love and hugs to all who need them! WElcome new girls! ttfn KJ (Kelly)

Hi KJ.

I posted with the same comment - am almost motivated to learn how to knit.....although I would prefer to pay someone. I do not have enough time right now to learn a new craft. I would probably scallop the edges versus the tassels......but the wrap would be perfect for Florida's winter.

Oh, no undies down the toilet. Thank goodness they went all the way through. Those plumber calls can be costly!
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Heather - So glad to see DH is back to normal. His smile says it all.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Ladies! <3

First, it's always neat to see photos of our little girls growing up - Olivia and Athena. Weren't they just babies a couple months ago?

Heather - love seeing your DH's smile, good job! Glad he was able to be out with you again. I know I'm late in commenting - my DH normally sits to pee unless he's outdoors then..... glad we don't have close neighbors and lots of trees and shrubs surrounding the back yard. I'm jealous :D

Barbara - when is Joe's eye surgery and is he having one or both eyes taken care of at the same time? If you don't board your pupsters, what's the alternative?

Rita - good luck on your 14:10. Once I mastered that I was able to gradually increase fasting times. This past week it's been pretty easy to do a 17:7 although last night I extended my feeding window. I tell myself anything over 12 hours is good then have fun with it, often aim for 16:8 then push through another hour with another cup of coffee or big glass of water and getting busy doing something. The weather service I subscribe to says Roswell will be 103 today or thereabouts.... we will be back in the low 90's for a couple days but I'm not complaining, the tomatoes are very happy.

Kelly - good luck on your IF. You'll have no problem keeping busy! ;) Glad no toilet problems, whew!

RE: Intermittent Fasting (IF) - I'm a big fan of Delay, Don't Deny by Gin Stephens who stands by "clean fasting" - only plain coffee, tea (black or green) and water (plain or sparkling - Topo Chico is a favorite) during the fasting time. Nothing flavored or with any kind of additives because of the insulin release which stops fat burning and can actually stimulate more hunger. I've become a big fan of black coffee. :)

RE: Sewing machines - when I pulled out my old Brother a month or so to make masks, it was complaining. It's over 50 years old and I've never had it cleaned, so I thought one of these days I'll take it into town and drop it off. My walking partner told me yesterday the fellow who did that has retired and there's no one close by anymore. Sounds like a job I can do myself, actually, and I do have sewing machine oil here. It's cast iron, weighs a ton and has a zig-zag stitch - it's been a trooper. I traded a typewriter for it at a pawn shop in Arlington, Virginia when DH was stationed out there in the mid-70's.

Running into town this morning to get caught up on some grocery shopping. Picking up a couple prescriptions for DH. I've been using GoodRX which saves a bundle and don't bother with the government prescription coverage. I noticed the prices on DH's drugs this time are about half what they were several months ago. :) Every little bit helps and I'm grateful he's not on anything real pricey right now.

Better get going and do my QiGong. It's really helping my balance. You wouldn't think standing and breathing would have so many benefits. :D

OK ladies, make it a good day. <3 Keep cool!

Lanette B)
    Chilly (for now) SW WA State
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I love the chats! Work, dinner with friends, then chilled last night. I brought work home, but..........

Hot tub this morning. SIL not going to work (imagine that). suggestions for changing my attitude??? She goes in at the buttcrack of morning, then leaves early. She schedules things in the middle of the day. She doesn't follow through with policies and leaves so fast I don't get to ask questions about the notes she leaves if I happen to be gone for an hour for appointment that I can't make before or after work. She doesn't help anyone out. I could take less home if she could watch the counter for an hour or so, but that doesn't happen either. SHE is an OWNER! She stays home to cut grass. Well, we could cut our own too if we could take off during a work day to do it. The customers really only want to deal with me. They believe I am the owner....... My oldest daughter says she has always been like that and isn't going to change so I need to change my attitude...... Suggestions would be nice. It is definitely a major stresser for me!

I better get dressed for work since I need to leave in a few minutes. Have a blessed day! Make the best decision you can at the moment with the information given at the time and move on.

<3
    Kylia in Ohio wishing I could stay home and sit in the sun..
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Heather Great news on Johnny! This indicates to me that the crystal was in the posterior canal which is most common and what the original Epley maneuver was designed. I was concerned his fall sent crystals into the anterior canal which is common with falls, whiplash, etc. To dislodge these crystals the modified Epley is required. There are videos of how to do it on YouTube so no worries if J should ever require such. If J ever has very mild symptoms and not bad enough to require the maneuver, then he might try a cold pack on the affected side (right) and a hot pack on the other side (left). The packs should cover the ear and below and a bit forward. Holding the packs in place, move head from one side to center and then to other side back to center then bowing forward and back to straight and then tilting head back and then to back to straight. Do this several times and then just sit still with packs for a few minutes. I can do this myself and haven't had to have the maneuver performed in 15 years.

Barbara Yes, I add hot water and by cup 4 it is diluted and weak but I like drinking hot drinks in the morning as it helps get my system going. I get a lot of flak from friends about my coffee, especially those that prize themselves as Pacific Northwest coffee experts. One teaspoon of instant Folgers is all I need and a pot of hot water and good rich powdered chocolate for the final cup. If I am experiencing dizziness then I forgo the coffee and drink camomile tea that I got from an old hippie outfit somewhere west of your neck of the woods or they were 30 years ago. I keep it sealed tight and it is still good.

Catching up on all the other posts after guitar practice. One of my dental implants is hurting this morning and I am fighting the urge to be cranky.
    Faye drifting downstream too tired to fight the currents at the moment
    4atmw8bfazd4.jpg
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Faye: I enjoy your posts so much. So glad you decided to join this group.

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    SuziQ Is this Tropical Storm Isaias? Good luck!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,167 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    mbusse001 wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Three weeks ago I had horrible bloodwork and have to have a ct scan on my liver. I was terrified after the blood results and immediately started on a 1200 calorie diet and walking every day. My goal is to lose 30 lbs. So far I have lost 3, but usually I plateau and give up. I am not big on exercise and tend to fizzle out after a while. If only my sewing machine pedal would count for exercise, I would have no worries! Any advice or support to help keep me on track is welcome and most appreciated!

Melissa SE WI

Melissa- welcome. Do you have a fatty liver? I would encourage you to check out Intermittent Fasting - google Youtube presentations by Dr. Jason Fung, also other researchers - Mark Mattson, Valter Longo. Lots of info out there on how Fasting helps with insulin resistance and fatty livers.

Wishing you good luck with whatever path you choose to regain your health, there are many ladies in this group who have plans that work great for them, including CI/CO, Keto, exercise. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,715 Member
    Options
    Grrrrr
    Just got a call from endocrinologist and they pushed off my appointment until end of September.. dear lord its rediculous