WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2020

Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Faye ~ You have to sign your name each time. Most of us sign our name with a location.

Carol in GA
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    @KATIE I'm so sorry.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Katie so sorry about your friend!

Son's house doesn't have dishwasher. He uses one of those wands that is filled with dish soap. I scrub dishes and then let then sit for a few minutes then rinse. Because just he and I make dishes it goes real quick. He has a gas stove so I can heat water quick to do the rinse too.

We have a dishwasher. I think I would rather have the cabinet space.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙋
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    For me, and it's not necessarily the same for anyone else, I'm much more likely to happily cook or bake if I know I can put everything I got dirty straight into the dishwasher. :) Made chicken enchilasagna last night for Corey - enchilada filling with the fresh green sauce from the weekend layered with corn tortillas and cheddar cheese. Much easier than all that rolling. :)

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,585 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Dellafayefox: I don’t recognize # 1, but #2 is Mount Hood. Regarding signature, I type my comments into a word document that is saved on my computer & it already a a signature on the bottom. I write my messages from the top down, and the signature is there, ready for me to post my message. I copy and paste the message into the thread. It looks like Rebecca does about the same. :smiley:

Heather: Look for a handheld urinal online. They’re made of plastic and have a cap for the spout so it doesn’t spill. The man is expected to pee into the spout. We have one in each car for traveling long distances, & the contents get poured down a toilet when we stop somewhere. Having one in your own bathroom could be helpful for both you and Johnny. :flowerforyou:

I have been out running errands today and I’m ready to stay home and relax for a while. My backside is still complaining about riding at a trot for an hour during my last horseback riding lesson. The only way to get through this is to keep on keeping on. I will be looking forward to the next riding lesson in a week or two and hope to have a healed backside by then. :grumble: :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, Kay. Many good thoughts for you and for all the families....
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Ok so took Taliah to the beach... i can only handle a couple of hours...
    Happy Birthday to Katla and Evelyn .many happy returns of the day...
    PIP- So happy for you and Kirby !!!!
    Waiting on an amazon order and Tracy to pick up Tal.. and then ill go to bed.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Carol GA
    I sure hope the EMT will help you

Katie

I’m so sorry about your friend

Yvonne

how appropriate this day is for Rita! I agree with you totally on the depth of the water affecting the temp. It’s definitely warmer at the steps than in the deep end. When I went to the dentist the other day, they were only letting a certain amount of people in the office at a time (so that there weren’t many in the waiting room), of course you had to wear a mask when you went in, they took my temp before showing me to the room. When the gal was cleaning my teeth, she had this Plexiglas shield between her and me. I guess that’s about the only differences.

I kept saying “Oh, I don’t need a dishwasher”. When we remodeled the kitchen in our first house, Vince talked me into getting one. When we bought our second home the first thing out of my mouth was “but it doesn’t have a dishwasher”

Tomorrow I’ll stop at the house of a friend and drop off cat litter containers for her. I know she won’t be home but that’s OK, then I’ll go to the Salvation Army and on my way home I’ll stop at Aldi.

Katie
    oh no, I’m so sorry to hear this

Michele NC
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    Katla: 🎉🥳Happy Birthday🎂🎉
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,735 Member
    Options
    Katie,so sorry to heart about your dear friend..
    Ok it took me awhile but made the bed.... got a mattress topper and new sheets and pillows.. oh i am in love.. here is hoping i have a good nights sleep..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,229 Member
    Options
    Katie: How sad to lose 2 friends. Deepest Sympathy!
  • Katla49
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Margaret: It sounds like your son’s small kitchen is effective and you have a good system. :star:

Dr. Katie: I am so sorry for the loss of your dear friend, and for the loss of more good people to Covid-19. :broken_heart:

Terri: Thanks for your birthday wishes. I had a wonderful day and facetime/zoom calls from all of my kids and a regular call from my best friend forever since 7th grade. Her call was a huge and welcome surprise. She was maid of honor at our wedding 50 years ago. :bigsmile: :heart:

I am happy to have a built-in dishwasher. We have plenty of cabinet space. Our current dishwasher is #3 for this home. When we married, our first dishwasher was a portable from Sears. It was a wedding gift from my parents who figured it might save the marriage. :wink: It worked! This is our fourth home and here we are, 50 years later and still married. Yep, Golden Anniversary, March 20, 2020! We had hoped to celebrate with our adult children and grandchildren on the site and anniversary date of our wedding, but Covid intervened. Maybe we can celebrate as we hoped next year. :star:

This has been a day of running errands for me. I’m home now and happy to be here. :bigsmile:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Rebecca Thanks that is what I figured after I searched the profile area to no avail.

Faye
    Columbia River
    Oregon/Washington
  • Katla49
    Options
    Faye: Where do you live on the Columbia River? :huh:
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    KATLA The second is a peak on Snoqualime pass.

Faye
    On the bank
    of the river
    where the
    mighty
    sturgeon
    still swim