Just Give Me 10 Days ~ Round 119

Options

Replies

• littlecinnamon
    littlecinnamon Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    @littlecinnamon Remember the thing with keto is keeping the carbs low. Use the fat for satiety and meet your protein macro. Protein is the goal, carbs a limit and fat (the lever) for satisfaction. I wanted to get down 30# when I started 3 years ago and have now gone 20# lower. I feel good at this weight (117-119) and at 5’ tall, my doctor is good with it.

Thanks for the great advice @quiltingjaine ! I'm definitely eating more fat than I would normally and am feeling full. The moderated plan doesn't quite have as much protein as I would eat normally, but I think my idea of portion sizes has gone somewhat out of whack :smiley: so it's probably helping to keep that to goal. I'm feeling a lot better limiting carbs too.

You're had great success with this method - well done!! :)
  • Katterin227
    Katterin227 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    musicsax wrote: »
    @Katterin227 - try doing some walking on the days you cut back on exercise, depending on your speed and distance it can be very gentle exercise, but you're still moving and burning calories 👍.

I have a bad knee - walking is actually the first thing I cut back on! I don’t know, maybe my exercise bike is harder on the knee in theory, but I don’t really feel it as much. I assume it’s because I can go easier on the bike and there is no resistance, but I can’t (instantly) change the forces involved in propelling my body weight around the block. Plus I live where it’s hot and humid, which adds an extra drain to outdoor workouts.

In the summer I get most of my exercise from swimming, which is nice and low impact, but I didn’t get to the pool for three days in a row and had done a lot of walking and biking instead. I’ve also been doing more than usual this month because I’m in an Apple Watch challenge where it takes 90 exercise minutes to max out my points, while last month I was proud of myself for getting to 30 almost every day. Yesterday I just did an easy swim and a couple of short stints on the bike, and I definitely feel more rested today.