Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Wrong answers ONLY!

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    I'm not flexible enough to stand on my hands, I have to bend my knees and squat down on my hands instead. This pretty much limits me to imitating a small boulder. If you're asking what tricks can I do while standing on somebody else's hands, well, that's a whole different story.

A line from a famous song goes, "Where were you when the world stopped turning?" So? Where were you?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,423 Member
    Options
    Well I was in the stage in my yard located somewhere in LA with my wife singing a simple song, of course!

What was your first date?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,853 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    We went mud wrestling. I didn't want to, but he talked me into it. He let me win, because he was thoughtful and considerate.

What's a profession that doesn't get enough recognition?
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,423 Member
    Options
    Politicians, definitely politicians. We need to hear from politicians every moment of every day to know how we should think and behave and feel about life. That will surely make us all happy, successful, and fulfilled!

What's the best thing the government ever did for you?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    We went mud wrestling. I didn't want to, but he talked me into it. He let me win, because he was thoughtful and considerate.
    crackin' up! 😂
    e8vxpb46sn5r.png
    s1im62 wrote: »
    What's the best thing the government ever did for you?

The govt works hard to keep the extremely rich extremely rich, so the extremely rich can show ordinary people, like me, what it's like to be extremely rich.

Is there a good reason why they don't use beach balls in soccer (aka football)?
  • s1im62
    Options
    Originally beach balls were the standard soccer equipment, because futbol was always played on a beach. But over time, beaches fell out of favor because:
    - Sand in players eyes every time anyone did a header
    - Players distracted by sunbathers
    - Shark attacks at high tide
    - Teams wiped out by tsunamis
    After games were moved inland the modern soccer ball was adopted by all but the staunchest traditionalists.

Why does moss usually grow on the north side of trees in the northern hemisphere, and the south side in the southern hemisphere?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Moss actually grows on the north and south sides of trees, in both hemispheres.
    There is a nomadic tribe based near the equator around the entire planet. This tribe lives only on moss gathered from trees. They wander far north and south of the equator but are quite successful at staying hidden. It is possible that they prefer the moss that grows on only the side of trees nearer the equator. This might be the case, given that the closer one is to the poles, the slower is their velocity as the earth turns. It is believed by some that this could affect the flavor of the moss. Others have suggested that this is a ridiculous notion, and have surmised instead that the tribe considers the "far side" moss to be taboo for some cultural reason. But whatever the reason, it gives the appearance that moss grows predominately on only one side of trees.

I have a special recipe I'd like to prepare but the process is complicated. Can anyone tell me how I can transform ice into water vapor without going through the intermediate liquid stage? Bear in mind I must do this in my kitchen.
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Doesn’t your blender have that setting? If not, you may borrow mine.

I’m looking at online classes now. What program would you take or better yet, should I take?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    That would be swell! Problem solved. 😄

Of course, it depends on what your interests are, but I'm thinking a good online class would be one that involves a hands-on approach to learning things, like pottery, massage, and tattoo artistry.

If revenge is a dish best served cold, what dish is best served hot?
  • s1im62
    Options
    Revenge after a month in the back of the fridge is best served hot. Otherwise you risk food poisoning. Or maybe it's best just to throw it out. They say when you plan to go out for revenge, first dig two graves. If revenge includes any fish or uncooked eggs, that's excellent advice.

How much mold on moldy cheese in your fridge is too much?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Mold on cheese is the ultimate in 100% sustainable food production. Scrape off the mold today, being sure to leave just a little behind, for your recipes; and when you come back tomorrow, the mold will have regrown. A constant source of food without having to go grocery shopping. Score!

I recently cut out cable and home phone from my monthly budget, and have survived just fine while saving money. What should be the next unnecessary bill I cut out of my life?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    As @cmsienk has proved, it is possible to live without heating or laundry machines so I suggest one of those two items could be cut easily. Just ask her for recommendations on how to keep warm and clothes laundered.

Since it looks like I'm going into a second career as a tattoo artist (thanks @frankwbrown for the suggestion), I figure I should probably get one myself first. 😂 What should my first tattoo be and where is the best place on my body for best visibility?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I'd go with middle of your forehead for best visiblity. Now as to what you should get ... may I suggest a picture of one of your favorites?
    sb1m3an0mbyb.png

I have a client who continually books me for a job and then cancels at the last minute. Can anyone think of a non-violent way to retaliate?
  • frankwbrown
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Good choice, @Cat0703a. @cmsienk's suggestion for a tattoo is an excellent one, focusing as it does on one of your favourite foods, and it will certainly get you noticed, which is important for tattoo artists. But I can offer an alternative, if for some odd reason her suggestion doesn't suit you. In my experience, tattoo artists generally have a lot of tattoos. I think there's an inherent need to have more tattoos than any of your clients. And a good tattoo would say something about who you are. So my suggestion is: get a full body tattoo, of yourself.
    cmsienk wrote: »
    I'd go with middle of your forehead for best visiblity. Now as to what you should get ... may I suggest a picture of one of your favorites?
    sb1m3an0mbyb.png

I have a client who continually books me for a job and then cancels at the last minute. Can anyone think of a non-violent way to retaliate?
    Does it have to be non-violent? Would you consider a water balloon in the face accompanied by sardonic laughter to be violent?

I've been exercising a lot, but I can't help wonder if I should step up my game in this new year. How can one get sufficient sustenance and sleep while maximizing one's daily exercise?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    The obvious answer is to eat and exercise while you sleep! To do this, you'll need to learn how to sleep standing up I think. I suggest all cold meals so as not to burn yourself and be careful when lifting weights above 5 lbs.

I'm off to donate some books to the library. Unless someone has a better suggestion of where to donate them...
  • nossmf
    Options
    This is an interesting dilemma, especially since I don't know what job is being booked: catering, massage, flower bed maintenance, funeral casket sizing, or personal tattoo lessons. My brain bounced around a couple silly ideas like demanding 10% payment at time of booking (non-refundable), but then I latched onto a truly no-brainer idea instead: tie a string around your client's pinkie finger. Every time your client looks at his/her hand, the memory of your upcoming appointment will be renewed, and your client won't be able to wait until the date is at hand.

I came up with my answer to a previous post while sitting through a particularly painful meeting, but by the time I actually got to type it up I was beat to the punch. But hey, why not combine your dilemma of an abundance of books with your simultaneous dilemma of an absence of a reliable client by donating the books TO the client? Every night leave a new one on the doorstep of your client, wrapped in used Christmas paper and with a note reminding them of your next scheduled appointment. Keeps the spirit of the season alive AND keeps you in the thoughts of your client. Double whammy!

After almost three weeks away from work and sleeping in, my alarm clock this morning was quite rude in waking me up, and I've had to fight off sleep all day. What should I do different tomorrow to better stay awake?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    I think you should stay up all night just so you can say "take that, you nasty alarm clock, you" and then drink copious amounts of energy drinks.

Does anyone know if it will snow here later today? The weather forecasters here lately have been more miss than hit. P.s. it may be important to know I live in Canada.
  • nossmf
    Options
    If you tune your radio to a non-local station frequency, there's a 100% chance of hearing audio snow (what some pundits call "static").

My son went to turn in his two-weeks notice to his boss the other day, and instead came home having been promoted to shift manager. Did he stumble upon the secret method of getting ahead in life?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Oh yes! I learned years ago to quit my job every chance I got. I started out in the mailroom at my current job and quit my way up to CEO in 4 months!

I decided not to go donate my books because it's so cold today, but now I have a dilemma. Tomorrow morning I'm supposed to pick up three cases of equipment before the library opens, but my car is full of books. Any ideas on a solution?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Buy a new car. Sell the old car with the books in it. The "value add" of the old books should fetch a price that will allow you to buy an even fancier car than you currently have.

I'm wanting something good for dinner, but I can't decide what. What would you recommend?