Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Wrong answers ONLY!

Options

Replies

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,559 Member
    Options
    Milli Vanilli - they taught me the meaning of “fake it, ‘til you make it”

Who is your celebrity “hall pass”?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,767 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have discussed this at length. She would choose Paul Walker, movie star hunk, while I would prefer Joan of Arc, the strong-willed politico. If either of us had a chance encounter with our "hall pass" we are supposed to jump at the opportunity and make love like the world is coming to an end.

When you were a child, what did you dream of becoming one day when you were all grown up?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    Excellent choices, both of you! 😂

Well between my love of the limelight and my gift of storytelling, I’d imagine it’s quite obvious I wanted to be a politician.

If you could be in a cartoon, which one would you choose?
  • nossmf
    Options
    Every weekday my local newspaper includes in the Op-Ed section a political cartoon with educational commentary on world events. What better cartoon could a person hope to be included within?

When a beloved pet passes to the next world, how do you honor their memory?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,331 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I'm planning on naming my first child after my beloved kitty, Mr. Whiskers, who is no longer with us.

Have you ever re-gifted anything? What was it?
  • nossmf
    Options
    My son came home from school once with a cold given to him by his classmate, which he in turn gave to me. I re-gifted his cold to everybody at my office. Tis the season for sharing.

Pizza contains all the major food groups in a single bite: bread, meat, dairy, fruits/vegetables. Is there another food more perfectly suited for human consumption?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,447 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I am tempted to say Chocolate, because it transcends all food groups. If I were to say that, I would need to underscore that it has to be real chocolate, and that means including the cocoa. White chocolate, even when made from real cocoa butter (which it often isn't), is incomplete, as it is missing the most important food group, namely cocoa. But this is not a good answer here, due to it being so very true.
    So instead, I'd have to say bamboo or eucalyptus leaves. Since they are the primary food source for pandas and koalas respectively, I can't imagine they wouldn't be perfect for people as well.

Is there an animal more noble than the platypus?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Have you met the noble warthog?

How did you meet your significant other?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    At the Warthog Rodeo... She was in the roping competition and I was there for hog tying. We had a whirlwind romance during which we dined high on the hog.

What is a good gift to get someone to show them you care?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I would think that a Gym membership, a Bikini that fits inside a coin purse and some Diet pills definitely says "I Care !!!" 😯

What did you get from your significant other for Christmas this year?
  • NicciJ58
    NicciJ58 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A time machine, set with his future coordinates, so I could finally meet him ;)

What is your best kept secret?
  • RLWatson70
    RLWatson70 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    You will not find me on any sort of social media or app sites …. That stuff really Grabs your free time.

What’s your favorite childhood memory?
  • Cat0703a
    Options
    When I acted out the night before a family trip to Paris, my mother made me sleep in the attic. Then my family accidentally left without me, I awoke to an empty house and assumed my wish to have no family had come true. But my excitement soured when I realized that two con men planned to rob the residence, and that I alone must protect the family home. I had so much fun that day.

What is your favourite movie to watch before bed?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I would watch a movie about your favorite childhood memory... 🤔😁

But really, my favorite movie to watch before going to bed would include anything in the Horror genre - that really relaxes me and helps me settle down for the night. Give me a good Freddie or Jason movie - preferable when I'm alone and it's storming outside. 😬

If you could get free private lessons for anything, what would you choose?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    I would get private lessons on how to train fleas for the flea circus. That would be not only personally rewarding but a great source of significant secondary income. And that's not even considering the satisfaction one could get from bossing around a bunch of fleas.

What dish have you never prepared but are now planning to, possibly for New Year's Eve or Day?
  • nossmf
    Options
    My daughter showed me videos from social media of people preparing tiny meals, which look like full sized ones but are small enough to fit on a plate the size of your palm. I am so looking forward to spending countless hours preparing a meal which will be consumed in under two seconds.

Why do dogs bury bones in the yard?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    Imagine the ease with which you could pack such a meal for lunch at work. And being able to consume that lunch in under two seconds would give you more free time during your lunch break.

I have heard a rumor that dogs are collectively burying bones all over the place, taking note of the locations and the type of bones buried. Their objective is to one day be able to assemble these bones into skeletons which they can then reanimate. Granted, reanimating any animal from only a skeleton would be very challenging. That's why they already have a committee, consisting of members from the smarter breeds, working toward a solution to that problem, so they'll be ready when the time comes. No one knows the purpose of this effort of theirs.

How fast can you read, and how good is your reading comprehension at that speed?
  • nossmf
    Options
    It took me a tenth of a second to read this entire page, and to answer your question I like milk with my salad.

Why is there an interstate road in Hawaii?
  • sandejones
    sandejones Posts: 1,840 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    The Jetsons People. We are all going to own a space car by next year and will be able to zap across to Hawaii . There is also a road from England to Ireland. Australia to Spain and I've heard recently they are constructing one from Canada to Brazil, The coastal route.
    mls60017f01m.jpg

When you grow up, what is your dream job?
  • cmsienk
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I used to always want to be a freelance janitor, setting my own hours, mopping floors and cleaning bathrooms in as many commercial buildings, schools and campgrounds as I could.

But this time of year I start to daydream about working for an airline, behind the counter at a busy airport like JFK or LAX. The thought of dealing with an angry mob, as flights are canceled and travelers are stranded, unable to make it home for the holidays, sends tingles of excitement down my spine. I think I would do that job for free!

If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you make sure to have with you?