Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Wrong answers ONLY!

Options

Replies

• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @nossmf, your reading speed and comprehension, especially, are beyond impressive!
    cmsienk wrote: »
    If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you make sure to have with you?

That question deserves a well thought out answer. Being stranded on a desert island is no laughing matter! 😂
    After roughly three hours contemplating it, I think I would choose the following:
    • a whisk
    • a thimble
    • a P-38 can opener
    You never know when one of the above would come in handy.

Are there such things as ghosts, or goblins, or snipe?
  • sandejones
    sandejones Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    A snipe is any of about 26 wading bird species in three genera in the family Scolopacidae. They are characterized by a very long, slender bill. Wikipedia said its true and everything on Wiki is factual. :* As to goblins. They are the ones who fix your shoes when they are broken, so of course they are real. And Ghosts. I've seen them on TV and in movies . That's proof they are real.

Are there Unicorns?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Of course there are! This is my very own Unicorn, his name is Caramel Latte'!

83nl197si32g.jpg

Do you think that La Niña is going to be bad this year? Or is it El Niño? 🤔
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    In this day and age of gender equality/confusion, asking the question La Nina/El Nino is offensive to some (especially those of us who don't have the little squiggle button on our keyboards). The preferred question is "Do you think that The Wind is going to be bad this year?" And my answer is yes, after my chili night to start the new year, the wind is going to be VERY bad indeed. You may want to start running for your lives now. Go ahead, I'll give you a 2-day head start.

If you were invited to study at Hogwarts, which would be your favorite class?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Why would I want to study a Pig's skin condition?
    I would never want to take a class like that!

They claim pork is like poison to our bodies, is that actually true?
  • sandejones
    Options
    That is an absolute lie. If pork affected us it would first show up in your brain. Oink. And as that hasn't happened, oink , it goes without saying its wrong. Bacon is another good example, oink, millions eat it with no side effects, oink

The Mayan's depicted the end of the world to be 2012 . Could they have miscalculated and it is 2022 :|
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,423 Member
    Options
    The Mayans weren’t wrong! We are all zombies now, didn’t you know?

What is the best way to celebrate the end of 2021 tonight?
  • frankwbrown
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Hop in Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine and visit any time in history that you desire. Just be aware that in doing so, you may end up in an episode of Peabody's Improbable History.

What exactly do you do to recharge your Body Battery? (asking for a friend)
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,416 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Use or lose it, as the saying goes! I keep charged up by doing an Iron Man Triathlon each day. If I'm still feeling a bit tired after that, downing a 5 lb bag of sugar and four six packs of energy drinks gets my heart racing again.

What is your fitness "secret weapon"?
  • frankwbrown
    edited December 2021
    Options
    My couch (or recliner). My couch allows me to enjoy prolonged workouts. It provides benefits such as the following: finger dexterity, from working the remote or the keyboard; visual acuity, from watching one screen or another; relaxation, which is an important element of staying healthy.

How many steps do you anticipate getting in 2022?
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,851 Member
    Options
    18,100,000 (50,000/day x 362 days) I'm planning on taking off Easter, Christmas Day and New Year's Day (everyone needs a break now and then).

Do you have a secret recipe in your family, handed down from generation to generation? Will you share?
  • sandejones
    Options
    This recipe comes from a family cookbook handed down from my great grandmother. It is road kill stew.

Road Kill Stew recipe:
    Works for deer, beef, lamb, goat, possum, rabbits, hares. Not hedgehogs

First make sure your road kill is actually dead. If it shows signs of life, give it mouth to mouth resuscitation and send it on its way. If it is badly injured, help it on its way to the big hunting ground in the sky. Road kill that has been run over by motor vehicles is the best as it is tenderized. Even better if it has been run over more than once. Take home and skin. If weather is cooler you can leave hanging for a day to gain maximum flavor.

Ingredients: 1-2 lbs. meat cut into small chunks, 1 can diced tomatoes or tomato sauce, 1 big onion – diced, 4 – 6 potatoes, couple large carrots, 1 parsnip, handfull of pearl barley, salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaf, garlic, red wine if you have any left after celebrations.

Brown the meat in a skillet on high heat. put into stewpot, add quarter cup red wine, half the onion, and enough water to cover it all. Cover pot and cook for an hour on low heat. Dice up the veggies (Parsnips use in moderation, They have an aggressive flavor that will overwhelm the stew if you use to much. Use 1 small one.)

After an hour or so, add the veggies and spices. Add enough water to cover. Cook until the veggies start to get soft, then add the handful of barley – keep an eye on moisture/thickness – adjust as needed. Use fresh rain water as chlorinated water will ruin the taste.

Have you run over a deer, the put it in the boot/trunk to put in freezer later?
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,416 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Of course! That's the only way to hunt deer in my opinion, because you don't have to go through the hassle of getting a hunting license and a deer tag, and the biggest advantage is that it's always deer season!
    The down side is damage to your vehicle if you're not properly equipped, so I've invested in a heavy duty two-ton dual rear-wheel pickup with a massive front bumper that can hit anything on the road with no damage. It's also handy when some slow driver won't let me pass, and I can just bump them into the ditch and get to my destination with no further delay.

How do you deal with slow drivers who are not letting you get where you need to go quickly enough?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Slow drivers have bothered me for a long time, so I recently purchased a Go Go Gadget Extendo Car. It's exactly what I needed to get to my destination quickly, avoiding slow drivers along the way.
    Do you have exciting plans this evening?
  • frankwbrown
    Options
    That Extendo Car is a great idea! Not only do you get where you're going really quickly, but it makes cornering a breeze due to its high center of gravity!

I have actually been traveling the globe, starting in Tonga, to celebrate the new year in each time zone. I'll finish up on Howland Island, a place I've never visited, so that should be particularly interesting. Apart from that my day has been pretty ordinary.

When is the best time to go water skiing in Antarctica? Or alternatively, to sail board around South Georgia Island?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,089 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Given the rate of global warming, you should be able to water ski in Antarctica here in just a few months. Should give you enough time to take those lessons you've been putting off. Wouldn't want to accidentally ski over the head of a poor little penguin, bless their hearts.

The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World have been mostly lost to time. If you were to name the new Seven Wonders of Today's World, what would they be?
  • TakeTheLongWayHome
    TakeTheLongWayHome Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Doc, grumpy, bashful, sleepy, happy, sneezy and dopey.

What was Goldilocks problem anyway?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,423 Member
    Options
    She had insomnia and it made her indecisive at times. After a nap, she should feel better.

What fairytale are you using as the basis of the “happily ever after” for your life?
  • cmsienk
    Options
    The Frog Prince. Every spring I visit ponds and marshes, searching out new frogs to kiss. One day I'm sure I'll find my prince. 🐸 👑

If you could trade places with anyone, who would it be?
  • cmsienk
    edited January 2022
    Options