Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Wrong answers ONLY!

Replies

• Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,577 Member
    Isn't it because no matter how you answer, it is too correct of an answer to be wrong? Or perhaps that should be too wrong to be right? Aren't I now thoroughly confused? 😅

What is the expected highlight of your week ahead?

• Generic_Excuse
    Generic_Excuse Posts: 607 Member
    When the up is the down and left turns right.

Can anyone tell me in 3 steps or less how to ride a horse?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,901 Member
    Step 1: Purchase a ticket to the merry-go-round
    Step 2: Climb on horse statue
    Step 3: Hold on while merry-go-round goes round

When aspiring child athletes grow up to become professional athletes, often it's because their fathers were pushing them to excel. Why, then, when the cameras pull close, do they usually say, "Hi, mom!"
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,740 Member
    edited April 2022
    Professional athletes have taken so many hits to the head that they quite often confuse their words. While they may say 'mom', they are really thinking 'dad.' It also just occurred to me that 'mom' is easier to say than 'dad'. Isn't mama most babies' first word?

@nossmf beat me to the punch, but instead of answering the horse question, I wanted to share what I expect (and hope) will be highlight of my week. It's a toss up, really, between my flight being delayed for hours and getting stuck in the airport overnight and walking from my hotel to the meeting location every day for a week in a downpour while I'm in Seattle - without rain boots or an umbrella.

Rain boots and umbrellas are bulky things to pack. Any suggestions for a way to stay dry while walking to work in the rain next week if I don't have room in my suitcase for these items?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Stealthily crouch under other people's umbrellas behind them. Becareful to keep up tho.

Why are their designated colors to feelings?
  • cmsienk
    edited April 2022
    Do you mean, for instance, feeling blue (sadness) or green with envy (jealous)? Perhaps seeing red (anger)? You see, when Crayola crayons were invented in 1903, those colors and a few others (along with their Canadian counterparts - colours) formed a union, insisting they be defined by their strong character trait of choice and paid more than the other crayons.

What's your favourite time of year?
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,829 Member
    Color is perceived by the visual cortex in the occipital lobe, whereas emotions are controlled by the amygdala in the medial temporal lobe. How these two communicate is not understood. Some theorize that the brain has a biological version of something similar to LANs (local are networks) and WANs (wide area networks), which some have dubbed BAN (brain area network). But a more realistic theory is that the connection between color and emotion is made possible via an intermediate path (albeit roundabout) through the primary gustatory cortex. But few people are aware of the degree to which their taste and emotions are connected. One cutting edge scientist captured the "broadcasting" of a taste sensation associated with cocoa (see image below).
    1nlppu0sexz2.png

Why is there such a strong affinity between chocolate and love?

• frankwbrown
    cmsienk wrote: »
    Do you mean, for instance, feeling blue (sadness) or green with envy (jealous)? Perhaps seeing red (anger)? You see, when Crayola crayons were invented in 1903, those colors and a few others (along with their Canadian counterparts - colours) formed a union, insisting they be defined by their strong character trait of choice and paid more than the other crayons.

What's your favourite time of year?

My favourite time of year is the present. It's always around this time that I feel the most connected with the world. No, I don't mean spring, I mean the moment now, whatever time of year that happens to be. So, my favourite time of year changes day to day.

Why is there such a strong affinity between chocolate and love?
  • cmsienk
    edited April 2022
    Didn't you know the human heart is made of chocolate? That should explain the affinity quite nicely.

What should be the punishment for someone who doesn't refresh before posting in this thread? Asking for a friend. 😉
  • frankwbrown
    That depends entirely on when they did last refresh.

If they hadn't refreshed since some time last week, then they should have to answer the same question, over and over again - a punishment similar to having to write "I will refresh" over and over again, on the black board.

If they refreshed immediately before taking an inordinately long time to compose their wrong answer, trusting that everyone knew they were answering the question, then they deserve lots and lots of chocolate hearts! 🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎

How many 2-pound bags of Cadbury's Mini Eggs is one allowed to eat between now and Easter Sunday?
    (only asking for a friend) 😉😋
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,228 Member
    It depends how much exercise you do to burn off the calories.

If you run around the block all night long ( sleep is over rated, right?) Then you might be allowed 50 bags per day.

I have a large crack across my ipad screen.
    How can I fix it?
    Cheap and easy answers preferred.
  • frankwbrown
    Easy. Two words. Duct tape.
    It comes in more colors than just silver, and it will hide that crack very effectively.

How should one show their disappointment when they arrive early at the gym before water aerobics, with the intent of soaking in the spa, and find that the spa is temporarily closed?
  • cmsienk
    edited April 2022
    I find a good temper tantrum works well to make your disappointment and irritation known... and people love to watch them in action. The more "mature" the tantrum maker is, the better. Make sure your face gets real red and you stomp your feet a lot. Try yelling, "I demand justice!"

I chose poorly among the lunch options here in First Class on my flight to Seattle, which means I'll be hungry when I arrive. (The only thing that saved me from eating absolutely nothing was a little bowl of citrus slices and a miniscule Frank- inspired dessert.)
    o7xajodsejtn.jpg
    I normally bring a pbj or cheese and crackers when I'm flying in the back. What's your go-to airplane snack?
  • frankwbrown
    I never fly anywhere without one or more of the following delicious and aromatic foods to snack on:
    • camembert cheese
    • durian (Southeast Asian fruit)
    • century egg (aka thousand year egg)
    • Natto (Japanese fermented soybeans)
    • surströmming (Swedish fermented herring)
    • Hákarl (Icelandic delicacy of fermented shark meat, which Anthony Bourdain called “the single worst, most disgusting and terrible-tasting thing” he has ever eaten. But what does he know?)
    The other passengers will be green with envy (or green for some other reason perhaps) when they catch a whiff of any of these foods.

When is the right time to visit an island with an active volcano?
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,901 Member
    edited April 2022
    Note: I was too proud of sharing this childhood memory to simply delete it when it was no longer answering the most recent question, so I will leave it here:

When I was a child, I was used to having Hi-C citrus drinks and Monterey Jack cheese, every day after school. This all changed the winter the family took an airplane ride to visit my grandparents for Christmas. It was mid-afternoon, I was hungry, but my mother was distracted talking to the stewardess and didn't hear me the first several times I asked politely for my Hi-C and Monterey Jack cheese. I got fed up waiting, so I stood up on my seat and yelled at the top of my voice,

"Hi-Jack now!"

To this day I don't remember much of what happened in the next few minutes of that flight, but I do know my mother changed my after-school snack to grapes and chocolate milk.

When is the right time to visit an island with an active volcano?

I have been visiting the websites documenting the Icelandic volcanoes at all hours of the day, so I'm not sure I completely understand your question. But I guess the images on-screen are much more exciting during times of lava eruptions than when its only steam escaping, so I guess my answer is to login and visit the website only during times of actual activity.

Why is it that sometimes you sit down to complete a task, say a college paper or updating the family budget, and it's done in fifteen minutes, where other days you sit down to do the exact same assignment yet it takes hours?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Silly goose you're just forgetting to turn off your slow motion mode.

Why don't we just always go by military time, wouldn't that make more sense?
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,577 Member
    No, I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count on if we switch to the 24 hour clock.

What is the purpose of dimples?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Tiny little pockets to store glitter but you always have to at the very least be smirking to use it.... Ive lost a lot of glitter.

How does the water cycle work?
  • cmsienk
    edited April 2022
    Before learning how the water cycle works, one must first be proficient in the three cycles that precede it - tri, bi and uni. The first one - any 3 year old can do. The second - most people master by 5 or 6. The third is a little trickier; so much so, that many people don't even attempt to learn it. Those that master the third cycle soon grow bored and move on to the water cycle. But only they know how it works. (I'm in the group that stopped at the bicycle - sorry.)

Is there any way to convert a night owl into a cheerful morning person?
  • Generic_Excuse
    Melatonin, getting the owl to the Dr for dosage is the tricky part.

Who was Pavlov's dog?