WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Welcome Submissively there is an outline of a star in the upper right side of the page, if you click on it it will turn yellow... Right above the list of the number of pages....

Debbie - good guess I am in Dublin
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,055 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Welcome Submissively there is an outline of a star in the upper right side of the page, if you click on it it will turn yellow... Right above the list of the number of pages....

As above ...

a4cps22n0syw.png

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,763 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I am back home. I got here last night early.would have liked to stay another day to spend with my nephew but Sherri has Drs appt this morning and ill work from 8:00-10:30 this morning..well i dont know im going to change the batteries in the scale as it says i lost 15 lbs in a week..i have been doing well.eating so we shall see..
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Debbie Sorry to hear your husband has to deal with this stress. Not sure if they catch the shooter if they would do anything with the cops being defunded and criminals being released out of prison. So much crime now and no motive.

Faye
    PNW
  • Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Grandmalie If the scales says 15 lbs lost in one week, go with it, seeing is believing!

Faye
    PNW
  • Machka9
    Options
    @cityjaneLondon ... we're watching Midsommer Murders tonight and they've gone to Brighton. :)

M in Oz
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Woke up in the night to go to the bathroom and noticed we had a leak in the ceiling. Just waiting for a roofer to come and have a look at the roof to see if any tiles are loose or if it's the guttering. He said he'd be an hour and it's over two hours. Called to see if he'd been delayed and found out he'd been already, but I hadn't answered aagghh !! Stupid doorbell not working. His wife said he's still close by so will pop around shortly. (I've put new batteries in the doorbell.) I wouldn't mind, but I kept looking out of the window to see if I could see his van, and obviously the minute I start doing bits and bobs he turns up. Wish he'd tried knocking on the door.

Still catching up, but hope everyone is doing okay. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Heather, hope it's only a 24hr bug or something.

Take care <3
    Viv UK
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Thank you to Debbie and Kim for checking in - we worry when the fires go up in California, and appreciate it when you let us know you're OK. Sorry it's so stinking hot! Debbie, I'm glad your husband wasn't at work.

Lisa in AR
  • wizzywig
    Options
    Debbie how awful, so glad your husband was not at work, but very worrying all the same.
    Viv UK <3
  • wizzywig
    Options
    Faye The DH Top 54 :D hilarious!

Re wringers on washers, my mum had a gas boiler type washer (yes gas!) she did have a mangle/wringer but can't remember if it was on another washer or put on the edge of the boiler. Thank goodness we don't have to wash clothes like that anymore :)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🟡🔵🧡🟢❤️
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,966 Member
    Options
    :)Lisa, Jake and I deleted our Facebook accounts a few years ago and haven't missed them at all. His daughter was good about posting photos of her kids and also about saying things that hurt his feelings. I just lost interest in most of what was posted about anything. It was a good decision.

:) Yesterday was a scorcher for us but nothing compared to what most of you are facing. We have a heat pump that keeps us cool day and night and I limit my outdoor time to before noon,

:) When I was walking yesterday I stopped to talk to a man I know, who was wearing a shirt with a political statement on it that I thought was fabulous. I found that I could buy the shirt online but didn't buy it when I realized that I wouldn't wear it because I didn't want to stir up that particular subject with anyone (not even people who agree with me), so I just think about the statement and chuckle and enjoy my own private joke at no one else's expense.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,309 Member
    Options
    Still under par. Boo! I've cancelled tomorrow's meeting with my friend and put it back until Friday. I did stagger out to the deli to buy essentials. DH not brilliant either. I did my morning exercises, but it was a drag through.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,791 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I don’t blame you for deleting FB I’ve thought about it, but I have a lot of friends and family that live away so it helps us stay connected. The one that annoy me I unfollow.

Debbie - that will be hard on all staff not just the ones working when it occurred.

Heather - feel better soon. Have you gotten tested for the dreaded Covid?

I have had the Grands since 10 on Saturday. We spent Saturday and most of yesterday at our youngest daughter’s new house. The grands were impressed we had a campfire at their house complete with S’mores and glow stick fun. Today we will set up the sprinkler in our yard. It is supposed to be in the low 30’s so that should be refreshing. I thought about the spray park but we are concerned about Covid.

Tomorrow they will be going home and I’ll be cleaning up. Wednesday I am off just to rest up.

Tracey in Edmonton

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Debbie in Napa Valley: I hope things don’t escalate in your area and you can stay comfortable. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I still have my facebook account, but rarely go there. I have two good friends who are there often and once it a while I check in with them. I also get messages from the city there. :ohwell:

Healther: I am glad you’re doing a little bet better. I hope you and Johnny are improving every day. :star:

We’re having another hot day. The forecast is for a high of 91F. Luckily we have air-conditioning and a pleasant breeze outside. I’m looking forward to a trail ride tomorrow. I hope the weather will be moderate enough to actually go for the ride.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

• Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Disappointed in myself! I was up at 2 AM. Slept OK but was waken with urinary discomfort. I was wide awake after the said business was completed and noticed my balance a bit off as my Tai Chi was biased to one side. The old cold and heat treatment helped lift the numbness from my face and restored my balance back to my normal imbalance. So I have sat here while the mercury is rising instead of walking in the cool. Now cracking the whip on my own kitten, keister, posterior, donkey, butt, buttock, backside, biffy, rump, cheeks, bottom, or the forbidden three-letter (a) word and out and off.

Faye
    PNW
  • Machka9
    Options
    Facebook is like my own personalised online magazine with stories about cycling and travel and beautiful homes and gardens and cats ... and a selection of people I like. :)

I like that I can customise it to see what I want to see.

M in Oz