WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,014 Member
    Options
    well, we had a huge thunderstorm last night. They are rare during the summer here. Once in a while we get the thunder/lightning but not the down pour of rain we got. It was scary at first when the wind kicked up really strong before it all started- the same winds we had before the huge fire storms we had last Oct. Then the lightning and thunder started- that was cool to watch. It was very close and all around us. Then the rain started. That was a shock. That was at about 4AM(went to sleep at 1). Had to run out and move the catnip I had drying and some of the kids toys. Son and I went on the porch to watch it- I went out in the rain- felt so good after the heat we had yesterday. Reminded me of living in Mobile,AL- That was the first time I had experienced summer rain that is warm-
    Finally got back to sleep a few hours later and over slept- missed half of church(but it is online so not that bad)
    Going to be hot for the next week- close to or over 100 each day.
    Going to pull out the 32cup percolater coffee pot. We are going to need it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Katla You tickle me with the Delia! I also used to do my jeans shorts like you. That way I could fold them up to the desired length. I don't think I ever sewed the folds/ cuffs to be fixed. That worked great with straight leg jeans, but my relaxed hip mom jeans taper so quickly that they don't fold smooth.

Rebecca I have that book somewhere. It was nice for when I had my gums healing waiting for dentures. I think I will dig it out again, as of late, I am having serious disagreements with my fake teeth. Premium quality, but need refitting and denturist had the Wuhan Sars 2/ covid19-20 virus, so not willing to gamble yet. I hated cleaning my blender, even the smaller one. Also worried about eating raw vegetables after observing produce stockers and customers that handle everything with dirty hands.

Heather All the restaurants here are take out only. Not sure if the governor will allow any to open till next year.

Underground haircut Friend just called to say I am scheduled for a haircut. We will arrive at this undisclosed location dressed in worn jeans and baggy Tee shirts. We will wear M-95 medical-grade mask, latex gloves, and have on headscarves. We will be carrying cleaning supplies. After haircuts, we will leave with headscarves donned. By accident, we will drop a crisp $50 on the floor on our way out. I am going to have mine cut very short as it may be a long time before I am invited for another Oscar performance.

Della Faye OR USA
    Underground Salon

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »

We had an animal rescue in front of our house today. A great blue heron was trapped out in the marsh and couldn’t walk or fly out. A combination of a police officer and two neighbors with big fishing nets were able to catch him. The officer took him away. I hope they’re able to get him to an animal hospital or rehabilitator. He’s lived in our area for several years and we think of him as one of our neighbors.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Awesome story! I love seeing Blue Herons
    One of my photos from many years back
    Confederated Tribes Dam
    1v4itsxc9ivt.jpg
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Today is August 16, 2020
    Tell a joke Day -worldwide
    Bennington Battle Day -US
    National Airborne Day -US
    National Rum Day- US
    Day of the Knygnesiai- Lithuania
    International Dadism Month- Worldwide
    Independence Day-Cyprus & Dominican Republic
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,678 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Lanette: Gardening is so rewarding. I have a tiny amount of space, but feel happy and have fun with the things I am able to grow. Beans haven’t done so well, but the blueberries are abundant this year. My blueberries need to be pruned this fall when they are dormant. :flowerforyou:

Debbie: It sounds like you did a good job shopping and will have the things you need to make meals you love. Blackouts are often scary. I hope you stay safe and comfortable. :star:

Pip: I’m sorry that your apple watch didn’t record correctly. 1066 calories in a workout is impressive from my pov. Do you need to visit an apple genius to get the watch fixed? :huh:

Michele: I hope your sourdough does just what you want and is a big success. I was impressed by what I saw when I googled Bob's Red Mill. :star:

I am ready for rest. I’ve taken care of my little garden as well as I can and had a good dinner thanks to DH volunteering to cook. I'm grateful he did the cooking today. :heart:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Nah, I’m more bummed about the Zwift trainer and the technical issues. I’m pretty sure I would ave had a faster amph and would have finished the ride in a shorter time

Sometimes you need to restart Zwift if it seems really slow. I've had it do that 2 or 3 times.

M in Oz

Had already done that
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    10 pm. Feeling rubbish. An early night is in order.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    (((Heather))) : I'm sorry you feel like rubbish. Rest well and follow Peter Rabbit's mother's advise to drink chamomile tea. My own favorite is peppermint tea. <3<3<3

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    edited August 2020
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Oh Beth – that is awful!!!! I’m so sad to hear it was so mismanaged. However I love the 2020 logo

Pamela – welcome

Rita – which snake is that? First glance I thought western rattlesnake, but no rattle…

Debbie – I have trouble with Peach, apricot, or nectarine jam turning dark if I don’t add some lemon juice, how do you avoid them getting brown?

Carol – Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

Barbie - LOVE opening day!

Weather, I am about 50 miles south east of Debbie and had the same thunder and lighting storm she had, lots and lots of lighting and 2 big fires near me, one near my home and one near the camp I work at… I am not a huge fan of thunder (in particular) and lighting. Spending most of my life in the greater San Francisco Bay Area the weather there doesn’t get much thunder and lighting so I am not exposed much, and every time I remember it as a kid it caused a fire close enough that I knew about it. I woke at 3:30 to a huge crack of thunder and it finally quit about 10:30 – Levi (my dog) was not a happy camper. It rained quite a bit here too. We are having unusual weather for us, longer hotter heat waves and now humid, thunder and lighting… I do not have air conditioning and it is miserable. This is the 4th day over 100 and it looks like there are 7+ days ahead…..

Smiles Kim

not sure. I did add a tiny lemon juice to the nectarine but didn't have any for the peach- maybe it didn't turn because I blanched them a little too much(they were still firm but smashed very easily- didn't even have to cut them, just broke them in half to get the seed out and crushed them that way.

We don't have AC either except for ones in the windows of my son's room and husband room- they need them because they both have so many electronics in there the rooms get very got.
    I have also lived in this area , with the exception of six months in Mobile,AL when former hubby was stationed there. Have lived within an hour of where I was born all these years except that short time. I love a good thunderstorm- and the warm rain was wonderful-
    Praying we don't have fires up here again. The last two years have been terrible ones. Both came way too close to my parents place. Also hoping that it is not earthquake weather either.
    Hoping we don't have the high temps all this week. Need to set up the kids pool for ME- or just enjoy a lot more cold showers.

50miles SW of me- so are you near Tracy?

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,384 Member
    Options
    I forgot that Vince wanted to finish cutting the grass today then I went in the pool for a bit

Debbie – TG your hubby wasn’t working! That’s just horrible!

Think I’ll work on the x-stitch now.

Michele NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🙂
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,880 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,678 Member
    Options
    Hhhh
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Debbie- that is awful! Prayers for all involved. I too am glad your husband wasn't working.

Falling asleep with phone in hand..

Kylia
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Debbie- that is awful! Prayers for all involved. I too am glad your husband wasn't working.

Falling asleep with phone in hand..

Kylia

Thank you-
    They have not caught the shooter(false information posted earlier said they caught him) so now my husband is worried about going to work- He works very early shifts so has to be even more cautious than normal. He is getting ready to go to bed now and hopefully get some sleep- He will rest a little easier after they catch the shooter- find out motive- was it random, was it personal, was it racial......

Debbie
  • submissivelyserving
    submissivelyserving Posts: 95 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Starting over again. Would love to be a part of this group. What do i need to do to join. How do i bookmark this page?