WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,765 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies
    Well like a few of you have said,im just not feeling wonderful ... i took care of Faith until about 10:00 this morning and then picked up Homer and came home..
    Im back to feeling very tired and i did take an Hr nap.. im just lying here with the pups..
    Homer,not eating alot and Tom is really worried...im getting to get a bit worried myself..
    Facebook- I have it and i have family all over the place so we keep in touch that way.i post cute pictures animal videos..no political nonsense
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Katla - I am sure they are and the information here is extremely confusing. Each town makes up its own rules unless the County mandates it. With 67 Counties it can make it a bit trying.

My best friend lives on the west coast of Florida and no one there is wearing masks unless they are going to a doctor's office. Her grandchildren are still playing sports.

But, what will be will be. Hoping your friends stay well!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,006 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

Debbie – So sorry to hear about the shooting and the loss of someone so young. I just do not get people and their lack of respect for other’s lives. So senseless.

Hugs to all and prayers to those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL

Husband got home from work- two of his co-workers he is very close to were there when the shooting happened and were giving the kid CPR but couldn't save him. One came to work for a few hours but just couldn't stay. The rumor that is going around online and in the store is that the boy(ok, he is 18 but that is a boy to me) told the other guy that he needed to put a mask on before coming in the store and the guy pulled out a gun and just shot him. The shooter is only 23yrs old.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Debbie In Napa Valley: I don’t mind thunderstorms if it is sheet lightning. When it is fork lightning, I am more likely to worry about lightning strikes starting fires. I hope you stay safe & fire free. :heart:

SuziQ: Our friends in Florida are good people, but I fear that they’re in a place where they feel safe & think things in their community are worry free. I hope they are lucky enough to stay well, but I doubt their community is as safe from the Covid pandemic as they imagine. I would love to be wrong about the safety issue. :ohwell:

Regarding the Safeway Parking lot—I go early in the morning when there is less traffic and TRY to find a parking spot that is less likely for my car to be hit. Safeway & IGA have senior hours in the early morning. I take advantage of them when I can. Walmart has a big lot and I park at the outside edge in a shady spot if I can. That said—they are parking lots and there are people who don’t pay attention. I look both ways more than once. :star:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Yes, the lightning causing fires is what we are all worried about- We have had too many very devastating fires in our are the past two years. We don't get weather like this- more thunderstorms now- rain supposed to start again in half hour- so dark outside but warm and super windy. I was out with the kids, picking the raspberries so the rain doesn't ruin the ripe ones and had to come in.

Debbie
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Ok (drumroll), I am wearing my shorts!

Son and I started "The Walking Dead" on Netflix last night. Its pretty good, but there's like 9 seasons!
    Made chicken stock yesterday, its already in the freezer in its ice cube trays. I am sure getting set in my ways eating wise. I tend to buy the same things that's for sure. But I know what I like!

💖Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington

I love the Walking Dead. And, I have been wearing shorts since March....and I looked at my legs today and said, ooops, need a shave. But it has only been about a week or so.....LOL. I keep telling myself I will get on a schedule (one day), but it never really pans out! Heck they are "our" legs and we can do what we want with them!

Oh nice, feeling I will get emotionally vested in the show pretty quickly. I'm already worried about the rude guy they left on the rooftop handcuffed to a pipe! (Don't tell me!).
    As a nudist from 2003-2011, I paid attention to the whole skin thing. Now, I kinda like how my hair has grown in. There's a swirl of hair on the inside calves. No real hair on the upper thighs. I was thinking of getting some self tanning lotion, but that seemed just so un-sassquatch-like.
    💖Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,647 Member
    Options
    Our loveseat cane too. Playing around with the arrangement
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Just finished using the nuclear option on Facebook, downloaded all the photos, and then deleted the account. They don't make deleting easy, and even when you finally get around to "Yes, delete" for what feels like the 40th try, they tell you, "Well, we'll keep it alive for the next 30 days, just in case you change your mind."

Talked it over with Corey, and realized I was allowing my daughter's silly actions on Facebook to affect me, like tagging her dad but not me on a picture of the grands, and various other high schooler crapolini.

(That's a new Italian pasta with no calories, but lots of angst.)

And no, I couldn't be mistaken--the child has tagged me on EVERYthing on Facebook for years.

So, I thought about it, slept on it, and burned my account completely down. I'm really good at stepping away from actions which no longer bring joy and there is too much sickness infesting Facebook and not enough healthiness to counterbalance. Those who love me have either my phone number or my email, or they are on this thread or all three.

Feel as though a weight's been lifted.
    :smiley:
    And the scale shows it too, lost another pound, and am on the weight loss track where I'm comfortable, between a half pound and a pound per week. I averaged out at 1403 calories daily for the last week, and 1450 for the week prior to that, so that's about where I want to be as well. Takes some of the daily pressure off--thank you, Machka for the observation that averaging out over the week makes more sense. I've incorporated that into my routine, and it's been very successful.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

I am so sorry about how your daughter is acting- SOOOO wrong.
    I live on Facebook because that is where all my friends/family are- I don't have friends over here to hang out with(even before the virus hit). I have been able to reconnect with most of my old classmates and was busy planning our reunion but as of this week, think I need to let everyone know it is being postponed. I picked the date over a year and a half ago- It was the perfect date- 10-10-20 for our 40yr reunion. My former hubby actually set up a FB account just to contact me(after no contact for 20 yrs) to say "Happy Birthday" "I'm sorry" and went on to finally explain WHY he left me with no warning. He is no longer on FB- had a co-worker stalk him on it so now we just text/email and occasionally call. Really, the only adults I talk to besides my DH and DS are on FB and on here.
    I have unfriended one person- my BFF's sister- she was just being rude to me. The rest, I scroll by.
    If it is political or BLM post- scroll right on by- those two things are really driving friends/family apart- not what it is supposed to be. I have "snoozed" a few people because they were just getting a bit crazy for me. I did not feel bad about deleting the one- her own sister stopped doing FB because of her.

Zumba didn't go well but will try again on Wed. Tech difficulty on her end and little kid in the way(toys going everywhere then having an accident(just started potty training) and peed through all his clothes and on my floor-

Have a great Monday everyone.
    Debbie
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,647 Member
    Options
    B)
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

Debbie – So sorry to hear about the shooting and the loss of someone so young. I just do not get people and their lack of respect for other’s lives. So senseless.

Hugs to all and prayers to those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL

Husband got home from work- two of his co-workers he is very close to were there when the shooting happened and were giving the kid CPR but couldn't save him. One came to work for a few hours but just couldn't stay. The rumor that is going around online and in the store is that the boy(ok, he is 18 but that is a boy to me) told the other guy that he needed to put a mask on before coming in the store and the guy pulled out a gun and just shot him. The shooter is only 23yrs old.

Debbie

Such a sad story. One expressing concern and the other losing his mind. There are just too many stories like this one so I just put on my mask and say nothing to no one. If someone wants to walk around without one - I just shake my head (internally) and walk on by.

Sending prayers to the family. Such a loss.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    wruper ... I'm just going to assume that was sarcasm on your part? Welcome and join in with whatever topic you're interested in.

Facebook ... I've "unfollowed" so many people it's pretty much just me and advertisement for support bras.

Beth

Ha! Support bras! Love it.....I am getting to that point too!

Ok, I am jealous of you both! I have defriended and unfollowed so many that it is just me and continuous ads for unsupportive school girl bralettes.

Faye
    PNW

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Debbie ~ So sorry about the shooting incident at the grocery. What a sorry human that 23 yr old was being. I go to Nextdoor on my email and am just shocked at how many folks refuse to wear a mask. I hate wearing them and every time I go shopping my allergies act up; I cough and my nose runs. Then I have to worry that people around me will think I have the virus.

Facebook: I love visiting the few people's pages that still post. I have deleted almost all the friends from high school and my hometown because so many never post. I love looking at the photos of all the children of family and friends.

Carol in GA
  • Faetta
    Options
    Good morning all! Ok (drumroll), I am wearing my shorts!

Son and I started "The Walking Dead" on Netflix last night. Its pretty good, but there's like 9 seasons!
    Made chicken stock yesterday, its already in the freezer in its ice cube trays. I am sure getting set in my ways eating wise. I tend to buy the same things that's for sure. But I know what I like!

💖Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington

I love the Walking Dead. And, I have been wearing shorts since March....and I looked at my legs today and said, ooops, need a shave. But it has only been about a week or so.....LOL. I keep telling myself I will get on a schedule (one day), but it never really pans out! Heck they are "our" legs and we can do what we want with them!

You ladies might like the little electric razor I bought recently. It is called the Flawless. It is great for keeping old legs all looking young. No cream or anything and doesn't cause raw spots like many electric razors and better than a regular razor and shaving cream for advanced years skin. I put it to the test with a total leg and a bonus bikini shave and no nicks or complaints other than it is slow.

Faye
    PNW

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,647 Member
    Options
    Iiii
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Beth--I can understand your son being afraid of eating regular food. Pray with time and knowing he can trust you it will get better.

Debbie--How scary and so thankful DH was off. It is scary they have not caught the shooter or know why. Saying a Pray for your DH and all those who have to go to work until the person is caught. I worry about someone coming into the hospital where I work and on weekends there is only one person between us and the front door. Another thing I find very sad and scary, is I never heard anything about a shooting and before it would be in the news or paper. Have we become so used to these that they are not news anymore?? Glad to hear the person is caught.

Well I am caught up again. It was a nice weekend off and we did the motorcycle ride on Saturday. A little over 225 miles. Yesterday was church and then going to the store for the week supplies for work lunches and home. This heat is doing me in and so looking forward to Fall.

Pip--sure looks like your new place is coming together and looks so cozy.

Heather-- hope you and DH are feeling better.

The kids started school here last week and have to wear masks at school. So far the youngest grandchildren are doing ok. One school about 80 miles from here has already shut down because several of the teachers tested positive. One day at a time.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • Faetta
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Debbie In Napa Valley: I don’t mind thunderstorms if it is sheet lightning. When it is fork lightning, I am more likely to worry about lightning strikes starting fires. I hope you stay safe & fire free. :heart:

SuziQ: Our friends in Florida are good people, but I fear that they’re in a place where they feel safe & think things in their community are worry free. I hope they are lucky enough to stay well, but I doubt their community is as safe from the Covid pandemic as they imagine. I would love to be wrong about the safety issue. :ohwell:

Regarding the Safeway Parking lot—I go early in the morning when there is less traffic and TRY to find a parking spot that is less likely for my car to be hit. Safeway & IGA have senior hours in the early morning. I take advantage of them when I can. Walmart has a big lot and I park at the outside edge in a shady spot if I can. That said—they are parking lots and there are people who don’t pay attention. I look both ways more than once. :star:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

I tried that at Safeway and someone would always park an old beater next to me, or a big oversized ranch pickup and bang my doors. I started parking on the side where the employee's park. It is so far out of the way that no one likes to park there. I usually walk, but sometimes I can't carry all the items in my two large shoulder bags. I can drive the back roads safely to Safeway, but require rides to Walmart and Costco. I quit Walmart by Doctors' orders as so many cases of COVID traced to there. Not worth the savings.

Faye
    Mid North Or.

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    wruper ... I'm just going to assume that was sarcasm on your part? Welcome and join in with whatever topic you're interested in.

Facebook ... I've "unfollowed" so many people it's pretty much just me and advertisement for support bras.

Beth

Ha! Support bras! Love it.....I am getting to that point too!

Ok, I am jealous of you both! I have defriended and unfollowed so many that it is just me and continuous ads for unsupportive school girl bralettes.

Faye
    PNW

Faye .... :D
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,647 Member
    Options
    B)