WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    SuziQ113 wrote: »
    Pip - Yogi looks like he is saying, "TG I made it, now where is the water bowl!". LOL......I am so happy for your family - settling in takes some time (so I hear).......

When we run and take him, I run with a bag over my shoulder that I carry. I have a plastic container that turns into a portable dog bowl so he can drink water out of. I keep it full of water in the frig so it will be cool for him when he wants a water break. That’s the only downfall of running with a pet. You have to stop for him to pee and poop and water breaks.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Pip - Yogi looks like he is saying, "TG I made it, now where is the water bowl!". LOL......I am so happy for your family - settling in takes some time (so I hear).......

When we run and take him, I run with a bag over my shoulder that I carry. I have a plastic container that turns into a portable dog bowl so he can drink water out of. I keep it full of water in the frig so it will be cool for him when he wants a water break. That’s the only downfall of running with a pet. You have to stop for him to pee and poop and water breaks.

Pip - Your pups are so healthy and happy looking I know you carry water with you. Yogi is just so expressive!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Debbie – 14 cats! I keep telling myself I will not become “a crazy cat lady” – LOL! Although I think the next time around I will have two so they can keep each other company. Smokey is quite spoiled and loves being an only child. I find with most cats it’s easier to get two at the same time – if one is in the house prior to another there is a big adjustment period.

Well, I really must get back to work. I have what I call the pre-vacation blues. They are not really the blues – just do not have much motivation to work and am looking forward to a few days off!

Hugs to all and prayers for those in need.
    SuziQ – SFL

Not all the cats are ours- we have 7 inside(all are formerly ferals that we caught and brought inside) and one outside still feral cat. I was pet/house sitting at our friends for the week and they have four inside, one ,indoor/outdoor plus a neighbors cat that they feed. We each have one big dog. We never planned to have this many. For a few years, we only had one and that was fine, then my parents feral momma cat had her third litter(my parents kept the two she had from the first litter and two from the second and the vet took the third- when she had her third dad said NO MORE- I took all four and rehomed three of them, kept my big boy- mom was a plain black cat but she had these amazing Siamese cats- mine and one of theirs is long hair.) Then our feral cat had two kittens in our yard before we were able to get her caught and fixed- one is totally deaf. There is no way that Shima would survive outside. We were planning on rehoming her and her brother- they had to stay together, they are so attached, he is always watching out for her. Husband and son got attached to them both. Then, another momma cat came, had three kittens in our yard and left. One got hit and killed in front of our son- we caught the other two and brought them in and planned on rehoming- YEP- we got attached to that brother/sister pair and kept them. The female is a buff long hair lovey, her brother is a short hair more orange cat- not the best looking but tons of personality- THEN, after our neighbor threatened to catch the original feral momma can and our original indoor/outdoor cat and take the to the shelter because he doesn't like cats- we caught Shima and she has settled in perfectly with the others. Just the original, Neko doesn't like the rest and spends most of the day outside- we try and make sure he is in every night- some nights he doesn't but we always try.

q6i6ul1g02at.png four of the 7, all sleeping with me-
    rfag3fpji79h.png
    Tora and our deaf girl Shiro
    xr8lm6c90b29.png
    Umaku- my big boy- 18lbs
    prdyq3buujl2.png
    5 yrs ago- Umaku(he is darker now) and our original- Neko
    9afrvgdeap70.png
    Miso- Mr. Personality
    uigbzgfwn8be.png
    Tonashi- my little cuddle bug
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    @suzi - love the crocheting Gramdma
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Debbie - I tell everyone, if there is such thing as second lives, I want to come back as a spoiled house cat. Smokey was a feral who hung around outside my previous employer's buildings. He would not hang with his mother. I spoke with the vet (he only sees cats) and he stated there are some cats that simply do not like other cats.

I fall in love too easily with them so I do not feed the ferals. I trap and take to the no kill shelter. We used to have a lot of them in the neighborhood; not so much anymore.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Update on the outdoor orchid. It now has 10 stems. I calculated the plant is 25 years old and has been through numerous hurricanes, pots, locations. It has been in its current location for 10 years. Seems happy so I leave it there. The real tall stem is over 3 feet tall.

The first picture points to 6 flower stems. The circled area is where there are 4 more. The second picture is a close up of the 4 stem area. The third picture shows off the pedicure I gave myself the other day (almost professional looking). :smiley:

niqyvrz2maiz.png

swczjue1b3bo.png

m3qblw2v0fu0.png

• dlfk202000
    Options
    Looks as if my lovely cousin Holly in Healdsburg, CA lost her wonderful treehouse guesthouse to fire. Reportedly the main house is OK so far, from friends posting on her FB page. She isn’t posting. I don’t even know where they are right now. Ugh.

So sorry to hear she lost the guest house but thankfully not the main house.

what part of Healdsburg does your cousin live? Has she lived there long?
    With my nephews/nieces , they are forth generation born and raised in Healdsburg- My parents and sister still live there(along with more family and all my friends)- Graduated from HHS in 1980.

Debbie
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Tracey -
    When I was going to the office my typical day was usually 10 hours. And, when I worked at home once a week it was such a benefit I usually worked 10-13 hours. But now that I am fully remote I knew I needed to be able to separate home from work life which is why I organized the work area in my guest room. I am also much more efficient at home so although I need to stay online for a certain period of time each day I am also able to do laundry and little quick chores such as meal prep.

Being salaried in the US allows for a lot of time abuse. I am fortunate my boss appreciates me and allows me extended lunches and logging off early when I want (I do not ask permission - unless it's really early). Since I am treated like an adult I really do not mind the hours/time. If my manager was one of "those" I would not be so accommodating with my time.

And, I also think many of us put restrictions on ourselves. Oh, this needs to be done, oh, that needs to be done, oh, I need to take care of him/her.......Quite a few years ago I started telling myself I am not a brain surgeon and no one is going to die if I am not on call 24/7. I am still a work in progress but have been more balanced.

And, like you no way for adding work apps/email on my personal phone. Key people have my cell phone number and if they do really need something after hours they know to text me. Since I have set this limitation I really do not get that many texts/calls. Those who freely share their numbers seem to always complain everyone calls them at all hours. I usually say to them, well whose fault is that?
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Debbie in Napa Valley CA: I’m happy that things are improving in your area. :flowerforyou:

Karen: I hope Cousin Holly’s animals stay safe from heat, smoke and fire. :star:

SuziQ: "Grandmother" was highly skilled at crochet, and a woman with a great sense of humor. :wink:

Karen in VA: I’m happy that you’ve heard from Cousin Holly and that she is safe in San Francisco. :flowerforyou:

SuziQ: Taking feral cats to a no-kill shelter is a good thing. I admire you for doing it. :star:

If there is a second life, I want to be a happy, healthy human with non-smoking parents. I had far too much secondhand smoke as a child and have never allowed it in my home since I left for college.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    On the other subject, I don't play any games, do crosswords, Sudoku, cards, nothing. I really, really don't like them. Not sure why, but I've had that phobia most of my life. All my friends know about it. :/
    To relax and chill out I read a free online magazine, usually house decoration, love them, but it could be running, or women's mags. Or I listen to language videos.
    DH loves his crosswords and Sudoku.
    I'm also deliriously happy just reading a good book, mainly non fiction. I love learning. At the moment I'm reading Michelle Obama and a book called The Bombing War, about the WW 2 bombing campaign in Europe.

Don't know where my hatred of games comes from. I think I feel it is a complete and utter waste of time . Plus I don't like losing. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I don't like board or team games. I think it's because I am not competitive. I keep thinking of hobbies I might like, sports to do, but everything I really enjoy is just with me. I don't really like that about me, but that's a true introvert, I guess.

Tina in CA
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Debbie - I tell everyone, if there is such thing as second lives, I want to come back as a spoiled house cat. Smokey was a feral who hung around outside my previous employer's buildings. He would not hang with his mother. I spoke with the vet (he only sees cats) and he stated there are some cats that simply do not like other cats.

I fall in love too easily with them so I do not feed the ferals. I trap and take to the no kill shelter. We used to have a lot of them in the neighborhood; not so much anymore.

we have always had one outside/feral cat since we moved here- when one would grow old and die, within a few months another would stay for years and then another one. Shiro is the third and only one we brought inside. Max, the first, liked being in the house but would beat up on my cat that I brought with me when we moved in(Sinder). Callie was too scared to come in- she let us pet her and everything but only outside.
    We built a catio so the inside cats can be out but enclosed.
    We also had others we were feeding but now there are none. Kind of wonder if the neighbor has been catching them :(

Debbie
    Napa Valley
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😀
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,088 Member
    Options
    Heather: I don’t think you look horrible either. Quite the contrary. You’re a good looking woman, and I admire your spirit. There is absolutely nothing wrong with exercise gear. Please ignore my clumsy attempt at jocularity re making the effort for yourself and Johnny, rather than others.

I hope you have a great Zoom meeting with the grands. Such a lovely idea to do the quizzes with them.
    💕💖💕
    ☘️ Terri
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Carol - Super flowers, how lovely. :D And what a pretty jug. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,088 Member
    Options
    It was Baba Rajneesh, not the Maharishi. I've found it! Of course, we just had the audio, so you might try just listening. We used it just before the 'Secrets' session to help people shed their inhibitions.

Oh, my link didn't come up :'( but you could Google Baba Rajneesh, the F... word. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

I googled it. Very funny. Never realised it was such a versatile word. 😂
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @heather what French word for lady parts? it's true "la vache" ! ("the cow") is like "oh hell!"
    For lady parts, In England they through around the C- word easily, (for men and women) like the A-H word in the USA. but we can't really use the C word in the usa. "sexual congress"?

I googled the 'maharashi" on the "f-word" and found one by Osho. that must be the one you are talking about? it made me laugh.I guess there are many maharishis, right? If you are interested in Osho did you see the Netflix mini series on him and his gang. I found it really interesting. I didn't really know the story and found it suspenseful for a documentary mini series and rather well-rounded, showing different sides of the story.

I was one of the first of 751 poisoned by the Rajneeshees in The Dalles, Oregon 1984. I was poisoned by a salad from Taco Time. I thought I was going to die. I saw a kid wearing an Osho T-shirt a couple of years back. He didn't know that Osho was the Bhagwan. I enlightened him! The Bhagwan's favorite versatile four-letter word starting with the 6th letter of the alphabet, he put into action against the people of Antelope and any that opposed him. I get bad pain in my stomach every time I see an Osho quote. I also think of the Bhagwan every time I hear the f word prefaced with mother.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Trying to figure out a way to display our medals, 74 medals total. I don’t have the quilt rack holder anymore. 🚲🏃🏻‍♂️🏃🏽‍♀️🚴🏻‍♀️🚴🏻🥇

32 ms ride medals and 42 running medalsc. Totals for both of us