September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

Where are we all from? I know we've got London, New Zealand, Kentucky - where else? All over the world, I know - but I think it will warm Kristi's heart to know the impact that @PastorVincent had, quite literally, all over the world.

I’m in Memphis, Tennessee, and I believe @eleanorhawkins is in Spain!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @WandaVaughn Happy anniversary, and yes, providing dinner for a couple without power is a supreme act of kindness!
    This week I have cooked, cleaned, done laundry, made the bed, mowed the yard, took out the trash, and went to Verizon and upgraded our 4 year old phones. All for my wife who is homebound caring for her aunt. I know that doesn't count as acts of kindness (just doing my job), but haven't thought of anything else yet.

I live in Texas, just north of Dallas.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @WandaVaughn I just sent your challenge link off to you! Very nice act of kindness!

I haven’t done anything big but have been trying to do small things - brought the neighbor’s trash in from the curb when I got mine, and when I noticed the grocery had sent me two boxes of salad instead of one I took the other one over to a neighbor. Also going to go over to my mom’s friend’s house and teach her how to use Zoom since phone support is just confusing her.

@Camaramandy648 I was thinking we ought to put together something for Kristi, I’m glad you brought it up. I was wondering if I could bug my husband to make an ebook like he’s been making for my races, and we could get people to submit entries for it. The program he uses will actually make a proper ebook that can be read on a kindle, etc.

That's a brilliant idea!!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    Oh. And I'm in Texas about 2 hours west of Dallas.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 I was thinking we ought to put together something for Kristi, I’m glad you brought it up. I was wondering if I could bug my husband to make an ebook like he’s been making for my races, and we could get people to submit entries for it. The program he uses will actually make a proper ebook that can be read on a kindle, etc.
    I love this idea. If your husband or someone else is willing to do it, just let us know where we can send our pictures & stories!
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile I’ve sent a PM to u to join a team maybe. I didn’t understand how it was working until I read back. It’s ok if I’m too late or teams r full
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Okay first of all, I have so many people in Texas, I had no idea! From the RTY group and here! We seriously need to make a thing and do a group run over a weekend or something. I swear, I'm not a murderer and I am a damn good cook. ;)

@rheddmobile that would be freaking amazing! I'm trying to figure out the best way to transfer all this info over to Kristi - one by one, so far - which might be overwhelming for her.

@Mari33a you can be on my team if you want, if @rheddmobile knows how to set it up, I have no clue. And @rheddmobile I am in TN every single year and go right through Memphis! Seriously. !!!

And @Tramboman my sister is in Youngstown, OH!

Lord. Small world.

Okay, I will get all these acts over to Kristi. She'll love knowing. :)
  • Mari33a
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Thankyou!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @Mari33a You should have a friend request from me - MFP doesn’t deliver messages unless the people are friends first. Accept it and I will get your link to you! @Camaramandy648 What would you guys like your team name to be?
  • Mari33a
    Options
    @Mari33a You should have a friend request from me - MFP doesn’t deliver messages unless the people are friends first. Accept it and I will get your link to you! @Camaramandy648 What would you guys like your team name to be?

I’ve joined now. Thanks guys!