September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @hamsterwheel6 Heartbreak Hill is a half mile long, and according to those who have run it, not the longest or the steepest hill - it just happens to be at mile 20 after 3 hills that come before it, so it’s hitting you when your legs are tired and many people haven’t trained beyond 20 miles.

Today was a planned rest day for me since I had to grocery shop, but since recently I have been walking behind the store while my husband shopped instead of waiting, I took off to get a couple of miles in. Felt like running and managed to get 5k plus a little warm up and cool down walk, not bad for what used to be wasted time! 22.36 miles so far puts me right at the 39k marker at Cleveland circle!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q8C0tq0a5wE

I don’t know if this 360 degree video will play back properly on MFP but I thought it was really cool! If it doesn’t play right, search for
    Boston Marathon 2017 360 - Cleveland Circle #1
    In the YouTube app and you should find it.

Oh well than yeah I would say so! Lordy.
    Glad you are getting to use that time!
    I’m really wanting to run! But I know. I have to be good.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Got home from work at 4:15, but it was really hot. So, I decided to eat something and go out for a run later. I got out at 6 pm. It was, according to Garmin, 84°F and 55% humidity, feels like 87°F. But, I was in the shade, so it was a little bit cooler. Still, not ideal conditions like Monday! But, it wasn't horrible.

I did driveway laps again. I had intended to run 3 miles, but then realized that would make 13 miles total for the VBM for @PastorVincent . My husband was a little bit superstitious, so we would never intentionally do anything that was 13. I thought, ok, I'll do 13.22 miles, so it won't be 13 miles ran. But, that would have meant I had 13 miles left to run. So, I'm blaming John for the fact that I ran 4.22 miles today instead of only 3. :lol: My average pace was 13:00 min/mile exactly. I'll take that for a driveway run. I also walked one.

The only wildlife I saw today was a praying mantis during my warm up walk. I thought that was strangely appropriate.
    t74q2u9svw17.jpg
    I don't think I have ever seen one this color before.

6r9wvx5rznkt.jpg

cg26ifr413d1.jpg

By looking at the leader board for the marathon, I have learned one thing....my runs are the hilliest, by far. LOL There really aren't many places around this area that are flat.

It appears that @eleanorhawkins has left Boston. I guess because she is over the marathon distance. Too bad the program won't let us stick around at the end to "cheer" each other on. Love the graphics and your comments and videos @rheddmobile !

14.22 miles for the Virtual Boston Marathon for @PastorVincent

exercise.png

Also 6/20 miles walking.

Yeah, we seem to leave the map when the challenge is complete. But definitely we should all hang around to virtually cheer each other on!

It looks like you have a native Carolina mantis, which is really cool because they are becoming rare due to invasive Asian mantises sold at garden stores. Native mantises have those striped front legs and the wings only halfway down, and they can change color with every molt to match their environment! Pretty groovy! And great for gardens.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    I think I would win for flatest land! Except I'm hotthe trails this weekend. So flatest weekday runs?

I think @tramboman has you beat - he's at 0.00 elevation!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    I think I would win for flatest land! Except I'm hotthe trails this weekend. So flatest weekday runs?

Since I'm entering my data manually, I wasn't tracking elevation. I went back and edited my data.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Teresa502 wrote: »

Since I'm entering my data manually, I wasn't tracking elevation. I went back and edited my data.

Ooh, I hadn’t even noticed you can compare elevation. Check out @quilteryoyo ‘s elevation! Wow, gotta love East Tennessee.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    l_lake wrote: »

Where are we all from? I know we've got London, New Zealand, Kentucky - where else? All over the world, I know - but I think it will warm Kristi's heart to know the impact that @PastorVincent had, quite literally, all over the world.

Normally just a lurker, but I wanted to chime in to let Kristi know I've been following @PastorVincent's stories and advice for years up here in Ottawa, Canada. :smile:

@l_lake did you know Jenn Shelton just did some psychopath hike while pregnant from someplace to the canadian border?!

I will let Kristi know - she'll love it.
  • l_lake
    l_lake Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Woah! All of Vermont and while pregnant to boot! That's crazy impressive.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    P.S. I haven't learned how to do the Hide thingy....
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    l_lake wrote: »
    @Camaramandy648 Woah! All of Vermont and while pregnant to boot! That's crazy impressive.

@l_lake she's my hero. She and all the other badasses out there. :)