September 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    @hanlonsk. That snow is crazy!

@Faebert So funny to imagine the little kids running around! Hope it goes as smoothly/coordinated as possible!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    9/1 – 7.02 miles
    9/2 – 5.03
    9/5 – 18.02
    9/6 – 8.13 (walk 1.78)
    9/7 – 6.13
    9/9 – 5.27
    9/10 – 5.54
    Total – 57.00/Goal – 130 miles
    YTD – 1,116.13 miles

VM for @PastorVincent – 17.03/26.2 miles

I used my Amphipod Versa-Lite Max clip-on light for the first mile of my run this morning. At first I clipped it onto my ball cap. It worked fine if I was looking straight down at the ground but holding my head normal the light projected upward toward the sky which wasn’t very helpful. I moved it down and clipped it onto the waistband of my running skirt and it worked much better. The clip kept it in place – no bouncing around and it provided just enough light that I could see where I was going. I purchased it at REI and it was a little pricey at $35. It came with a USB charging cord. Hopefully, it will serve me for a long time!

@cameramandy – I’m located in southwest Virginia in the corner where Tennessee, North Carolina, Kentucky and Virginia all come together.

@shanaber – Beautiful pictures!

@hanlonsk – Brrr! I got a cold chill just looking at those pictures! It must have been a heavy, wet snow to be laying on the trees like that. I hope it all melts soon!

@Faebert – Sounds like a fun challenge getting the 5-year olds to run and not run into each other! Sweet!

Congratulations @eleanorhawkins!!!

Beautiful sky indeed @RunsOnEspresso!

@rheddmobile – thank you to you AND your hubby for everything you’re doing to make this challenge not only happen but to make something memorable for Kristi and their son to treasure. Thank you!!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    9/1 – 6 with Champ
    9/2 – 3 with Champ
    9/3 – 5 miles
    9/4 – 3 miles of trail climb with Champ
    9/5 – 7 miles
    9/6 – 5 miles
    9/7 – 5 miles with Champ
    9/8 – 5 miles with Champ
    9/9 – 10K for my monthly challenge
    9/10 – 3 miles with Champ

48 of 115 miles

Miles for PastorVincent – 19.48 @eleanorhawkins great job finishing

Wow @shanaber that is amazing picture of the hawk, sweet Hobbs. Great acts of kindness.

Great act of kindness @HonuNui I hate when people ask to get in front of me, if I have a lot I usually let them go but I’m with you walk down to the self checkout or express don’t ask to get in front of me when you have those options. We (not me) call them buggies in Alabama. I call them carts.

Sweet @marisap2010

@hanlonsk I gotta say I can do without your summer, so please keep it up there.

@Faebert I love the mile run and the couch to 5K for the kids, what a great idea. I’d love to watch them. Our high school T&F team has a track meet every year for our 7th and 8th graders that feed into our high school, the kids train in the events all year in gym class. When Skip was in 9th grade the PE teacher was her track coach and she had the kids run a mile once a week, the first week all the football players and guys were blah blah how great they were, she told Skip wait until halfway and show them. She ran like a 6:02 mile and the boys never spoke again, the boy leading she made up almost a whole lap to catch him. Ha ha

@quilteryoyo our minds are in the same place…is not killing someone being kind ha ha

Beautiful sunrise @RunsOnEspresso

@rheddmobile thanks for the shout out and the picture, I love it.

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec – 9 miles done
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November – 72 miles done
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – postponed from April