WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Rebecca Beth
    My grammar mistake It wasn't that I had made a grammar mistake, but rather that the words have such a different meaning. One might wonder what is Faye going to "peddle" in that pedal car? I had to clarify because I am not that kind of girl. LOL!

o32dnxarrhhg.jpg

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    2191610q208gshr57.gif
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Barbie
    Love the pics of Sasha and the cat!

Heather

Your sun room is so bright and airy. Know you enjoy it. And, even if the floors don’t get sanded, they have a really nice shabby chic appeal. The pics of your grands are fun to watch.

Kate
    Healing thoughts for your wrist and bruises.

Kim, Debby, & Others

The news keeps up a steady stream regarding the California fires. Prayers for the safety of you all.

Barbara
    Hope Joe’s feeling some relief from having the straw inserted to reduce pressure. But, know it must be horribly uncomfortable.

Julie
    Know you enjoyed your holiday time and seeing friends.

Tracey
    Such cute little girls. Agree that the photo of them running across the lawn holding hands is precious.

Rebecca

You have a handsome family. All the men look so much alike it is amazing.

Welcome to all who come here to chat! <3

Enjoying a few days of cooler weather here with low humidity! Just the weather I like! :)

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Apologies to any new people who have asked me to be a Friend. I'm not doing Friends right now as I'm very busy on here, where everyone is a friend! :D

Went for my 5k run. A bit breezy, but otherwise pretty perfect. My back was a bit achy, but I persevered. We stopped off at the deli on the way home for milk and veg. I'm cooking mushroom risotto tonight with green salad and tomorrow is ragu, tagliatelle and broccoli. The next day is lamb tagine.

On my YouTube French video today they taught us "j'ai perdu le nord" . :D It means literally, I have lost the north. It means you don't know where you are, what you are doing, or, what way is up. :laugh:
    Thought it was very appropriate for the way so many of us are feeling at the moment.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx J'AI PERDU LE NORD >:)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kate UK: So sorry for your injury. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I love the view through your windows and doors to the back yard. Charming! No wonder you decided to buy the place. :star: Re the visit with adult children—We are staying home until it is safe to travel. We hope to visit our adult children when the pandemic wanes & disappears. We are safest at home. DH’s autoimmune system is poor. He has Diabetes and MS. :ohwell:

Swan57: Welcome! Post often so that we can get to know one another. :smiley:

SuziQ: Thanks for the yoga link!!!! :heart:

Machka: I love your photos. Beautiful. :star:

Our air quality is questionable this morning. It seems to be a mix of light fog and smoke. I wish/hope I’m wrong about the smoke. There is an air quality advisory for parts of southern and central OR due to wildfires. I see haze here, and suspect our friends across the river in WA will be seeing it, too, if they haven’t noticed already.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    My ideal vacation would be to return to this place:
    https://www.adventurespanama.com/index.php/en/yandup-lodge

• Faetta
    edited September 2020
    Options
    The wind blew in a very heavy smoke cover. I cut my walk short as after a mile my nose was burning. I had too shut down the windows and use AC on my return home. There must be a big fire somewhere in central Oregon. Not good with this wind. It darkened the sky enough that the sun looks brown.

UPDATE Edit: Just found out that the fire is on The Warm Springs Reservation. The winds this morning have really fanned it. Also danger warning out because of predicted wind gust this afternoon up to 50 mph. The alert says to keep informed because, with wind speeds, evacuation time will be short. The alert covers everything from mid-Oregon to the coast. I should be safe except for air quality, but one never knows so I am on my toes.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Kate - Ouch! Hope you feel better soon!

Rori - Glad you're getting help. It sounds like Mary is a good fit.

Debbie and Kim - Hang in there with the fires. It looks like they are getting more under control.

A fire broke out in my neck of the woods on Friday (about 20 miles away). It went from 1500 acres to over 10,000 just over the weekend. The winds here are quite strong at the moment, so that is not helping, nor is the heat. We have some ash starting to collect on our deck. The air is not bad today, but was pretty bad yesterday. Made for pretty skies and sunset, but it sure isn't healthy.

I love all vacations, except lounging on the beach. The idea is to just get away where I'm not thinking of all the chores and activities I need to do at home.

Have a great day!

Tina in CA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Diamonique – welcome

RV Rita – lovely grands

Michele NC

Speaking of age....... lol those were my 2 daughters and son 5 years ago! Lol

RV Rita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    Didn’t sleep well last night. Headache now. Just saying hi ladies!!

Laters! RvRita
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    :|
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    vs96t4ablpz0.jpeg

New toy. Kirby bought a bike repair stand so he doesn’t have to hunch over to work on our bikes
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    Options
    HI Rori! <3 So glad things seem to be coming together.

Been watching Easy German videos this afternoon. I've been to Leipzig, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Freiburg. :D
    Plus I managed to download a Marie Claire Maison magazine. I had to search around a bit, but got there on Kindle.

DH has been talking to his cricket friend about their meet up. It was going to be at a pub on Thursday, but there has been a rethink. Now they are going to meet at the cricket ground next Monday. His friend has booked a posh room with a balcony overlooking the cricket match, which is not open to the public! :D So DH is going to drive there, wear a mask through the hotel and make it out onto the big balcony. They will eat a packed lunch.
    I think that will be OK. It's a bit ofa drive for him, but he probably needs to do it.

Haven't heard back from his daughters yet.

Tracey - the elder daughter is on the autistic spectrum, which was only diagnosed in her late 40s. She isn't always able to see things the way we would. He finds it difficult to thwart either of them because he still feels guilty for walking out on the marriage when they were small. They do love him very much, but he is always on his best behaviour. ;)

Sorry about the fires and heat. :'(

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Faetta
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Joann Awesome that you and your hubs can still renovate and do gardening. Enjoyed your post and glad you can still work at your terms. We have some authors, writers, and artists on this ongoing thread. Your Children's book sounds like fun.

Faye
    Jill of all Trades
    Mistress to none
    Mid Columbia Or