• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Just for fun ... :)

Your preference?

hwpo25gh9mfz.png

My response:

Meat: 10 ... maybe 15 ... whatever, I probably wouldn't eat it, but I would nibble at beef jerky.
    Toast: 2
    Coffee: A

Machka in Oz

Meat 2, toast 2, coffee 2

RvRita
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Barbara So glad your fires are distant but are prepared to leave. I am sharing your sad and edgy feeling. Thinking of you and Joe. Having medical issues and worrying about evacuating doesn't sound like fun.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    I never realized how bad and what wildfires could do until I came to the southwest. Scary, dangerous things that seem to have a life of their own. My thoughts are with all of you.

Question for all of you. I have started 16/8 fasting or longer this past month, kept my calories below 1400 a day while doing lchf but my weight going up instead of down. Any suggestions? I really don’t want to undo all the hard work I did to goer to 145. I am now up to 157 and determined not to go any higher. HELP!!!
    ctagrmi544jr.jpeg
    fls2l5rgdvt3.jpeg
    o82u3oo2m1ah.jpeg

Pics of masks I made a ‘scoodle’ (hat with scarf built in), and what was gonna be a dishcloth but I’m going to turn into Afghan with leftover yarn.

RV Rita
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Machka -3, 3, A

Evelyn-adorable grandkids

To all dealing with fires-sending you positive thoughts. Must be extremely scary but it seems you are all staying on top of it and using common sense. Hopefully they can get them under some sort of control. Having your back up plans is wise.

We had some decent thunderstorms last night but can’t complain with what the rest of the country is dealing with.

Work is going well today. Spent a couple of hours thinking through changing something and believe I have decided I don’t really need to make the changes. Sometimes figuring out what policy we need or don’t need is tough, especially when you want to make sure you get all possible assistance out to people. Have had two on line meetings today. The third will be church council tonight so my day will end the way it began!

Eating is back on track today, so hope it stays that way the rest of the day!

Back to work. Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,832 Member
    Options
    4-3-E
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,552 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    I never realized how bad and what wildfires could do until I came to the southwest. Scary, dangerous things that seem to have a life of their own. My thoughts are with all of you.

Question for all of you. I have started 16/8 fasting or longer this past month, kept my calories below 1400 a day while doing lchf but my weight going up instead of down. Any suggestions? I really don’t want to undo all the hard work I did to goer to 145. I am now up to 157 and determined not to go any higher. HELP!!!
    ctagrmi544jr.jpeg
    fls2l5rgdvt3.jpeg
    o82u3oo2m1ah.jpeg

Pics of masks I made a ‘scoodle’ (hat with scarf built in), and what was gonna be a dishcloth but I’m going to turn into Afghan with leftover yarn.

RV Rita

I do a 18/6 or a 20/4. Doctors say there is a sweet spot for your own body. I have read that autophagy happens in 16-20 hot mark. That is when your body does housecleaning. I try to get to that spot a couple of times a week. I usually do a 12 noon to 4 p.m. Eating window. Then fast until noon the next day. Sometimes I open the window up at dinnertime and have something small. So then the next day is a 16 but that's life.👍. Fast On.
    💖Rebecca
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,438 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »

ctagrmi544jr.jpeg
    fls2l5rgdvt3.jpeg
    o82u3oo2m1ah.jpeg

RV Rita

Rita - are you "clean fasting" - meaning nothing but black coffee or tea or plain water during your fasting period? That can make a difference.

You might want to check out Gin Stephens "Delay Don't Deny" http://www.ginstephens.com/ If you aren't familiar with it, she explains the concept of how flavors influence insulin which hangs onto fat a la Dr. Jason Fung's research (he has good videos on YouTube)

Also sometimes the weight goes up but the clothing sizes go down = body recomposition.

Good luck!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,378 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    Covid numbers still going up. Nearly all among young people who have forgotten about social distancing. I did mention to DH that he might prefer to Zoom with his elder daughter. She really hates Zoom, so I don't think that will happen, but warnings are all over the news. I thought if I mentioned the idea he would not feel guilty about entertaining the thought. I know he is having second thoughts. He will only meet outside if it does happen.

Delicious ragu tonight. Enough left for three more dinners. :D

I had my hair trimmed today. Everyone in mask and face shield. Temp taken. Hand washing. I also sanitised afterwards. It does feel so much better, but the bright lights of the salon showed how badly my roots need doing. :o Next week I think. I have a pack ready.

Thinking of all the fire affected people. <3 And sorry to hear about your arm, Machka. Reminds me of my leg which had lost all strength because of my knee problem. It barely functioned, but has now recovered with lots of hard work. It was a shock to realise how bad it had got!

Lots of love to you all,
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1207906t5ef8adzuh.gif
  • Whidislander
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    Today is Star Trek Day!

"The first episode of The Original Series aired on 8 September 1966. ... Interestingly, Star Trek was first seen in Canada, on the 6th of September — two days before the US got to see it."

Michele - I'm sorry you're having so much trouble getting your starter going! I started mine from a recipe in "The Breadman's Healthy Bread Book" by George Burnett. Every now and then if I forget to feed it often enough it gets a little puny, but I just overfeed it for a few days and it perks right up.

Machka - Meat 2, toast 3, coffee A.

Rebecca - "I have read that autopsy happens in 16-20 hot mark." ??!! I'm not sure what that means, but I would prefer they wait until my body is done housekeeping before starting that...

My heart goes out to all of you who are close to the wildfires. Back when we lived in the mountains of New Mexico, we had to keep the RV loaded with everything we'd need to bug out. A few years back the Irish wolfhound community lost a couple and their dogs in a tragic incident of not getting out in time. We had only one road out, so I wanted us to be ready to leave if we were told to go. In the winter we stored some extra supplies in the RV in case we got snowed in, so it ended up being a combination guest room/escape pod/storage shed.

My husband is finally starting to recover from the massive oak mite attack he sustained a couple of weeks ago. He still has scabs all over his face and he's tired a lot, but overall he's so much better than he was early on! I am staying out from under oak trees in the fall from now on.

Live long and prosper!

-Yvonne in TX

Oops dang auto correct! Autophagy is what meant!
  • Whidislander
    Options
    No autopsy today!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,448 Member
    Options
    Sending positive vibes for the safety of our fire threatened friends.

☘️
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    It is a bit hazy here & it appears to be getting closer to us & more dense. I have a bit of headache due to the air quality. :/
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Hugs and good thoughts for those in pain (Kate UK - so sorry about your wrist!), as well as those too close to the fires... Horribly stressful, even when it's only smoke.

Spent the last couple days feeling like crap on a cracker and just had to stop pretty much everything, but feeling more myself today. Got back outside this morning and got the trimming and the mowing done. My Fitbit said 136 minutes, 1088 calories today, so I feel as if I accomplished something. Funny how quickly that gets to be a habit. I swear part of the reason I felt so awful was that I couldn't exercise.

Really hate falling apart physically in front of my husband--when they're nine years younger, you really don't want them to see you as "old," even when you are, I guess.

Chilling for the rest of the afternoon inside in the A/C. Feels like the 90s today, but the temperature will be slowly lowering each day as we head for the first day of fall... should be down into the high 70s by the equinox, woot! Unfortunately, though, it also brings pumpkin spice EVERYTHING to the stores in the U.S. While it smells wonderful, the taste is kinda gagworthy, and always too sweet.

7j0mle838339.png

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - Happy Anniversary to you and DH!
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    3, 4, B
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - happy anniversary

Thinking of everyone in the fire's path.

Michele NC