WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,738 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Pip ... that makes sense in financial terms, but I wonder how you would feel about it later. Maybe too many changes at once?? That Camp365 thing is interesting though!

I told kirby it’s up to him. I just give him things to think about if he does the change. Also would be save the monthly 145.00 storage fee for the airstream. I asked him if he would b more inclined to use it cuz it’s a lot smaller, he said yes, probably cuz it would fit in the garage
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Went in the pool today and was thinking about how Vince procrastinates. I only tell you gals this. When I came in I mentioned how he had promised me that we'd put down stones by the drain pipes. He STILL (he only had all summer to think about it) doesn't know what he wants to do. However, it is supposed to rain the next day or so so he said that afterwards (when the ground is soft) we'd dig it out.

I asked him to show me how to convert VHS tapes to a DVD only he has to figure it out. He only had all summer to do that. I asked him if he'd like me to work on the coins that need to be cleaned, he said he needs to figure out what he's going to do. He's only had all summer.

Guess frustration is getting to me. My sourdough starter won't be here until Thurs. I did call King Arthur to see if that would be too late from the time it is shipped (since their website makes mention of how you should use it as soon as you get it) but they said it should be ok 10 days after leaving the warehouse (thank you Fed Ex for screwing up). I'm going to try feeding the starter whole wheat flour tomorrow. I didn't see any action until I used the ww flour so I'm going to try that. It probably won't work

I'm thinking of making a latch hook rug for Ken. We never know what to get him for Christmas. We can frame it. It's only 12 x 12 so it's really too small for being a rug -- not that a rug would be good for him to have anyway. Now for it to come in to Hobby Lobby.

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,221 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a body pump DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD

Pip – you don’t drink water when you’re cycling???? Whenever I do a spinning workout, I always go thru at least 24oz of water, sometimes more

Rebecca
    – keep posting those pictures of cats!!!! Love them. Oh, that panda is right on!

Faye
    – I would be out of there so fast you could see the smoke behind me! Please, please, please stay safe. Evacuate if you have to. Just because there is a fire station doesn’t necessarily mean you are safe. I bet the place is deserted. Update: so glad the fires are out. But if they happen again (please God no)…..

Swan
    – Barbara is right. We don’t exercise for nothing (we have broad shoulders to show it)

Evelyn
    – what gorgeous grands

M
    – sending good thoughts for your hand/arm

Michele NC

Correct, I don’t drink while I’m riding or on a stationary bike, I don’t see that kirby doesn’t either

Why not?

I aim to drink one 750 ml bottle every 1 to 1.5 hours when I'm cycling.

Y? Cuz... never have. Make no mistake, I know what I SHOULD do, I just don’t. Don’t get thirsty. I drink afterwards, even on the MS 2 day rides

If I don't, my feet cramp ... even on shorter rides like a couple hours ... and that is really painful. I end up having to take my shoes off and walk up and down the road in my sock feet to ease the cramps ... and drink, drink, drink.

My feet cramp even if I'm slightly dehydrated when I'm not on a bicycle too. I've been in situations where I've been in classes or meetings all day, and I haven't had much to drink, then I've tried to walk somewhere, and my feet cramp.

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: pooches down drive in am, board meeting printouts, helped Joe load up the trailer with bug out supplies.
    Bonus: one load laundry, asked Surgeon’s tech to call in any rx Dr. wants today, so pharmacy can order it to have in by Friday. Not sure she understood. Got a text “confirming” the lesser, former dosage, not the 500 mg extended release Surgeon originally prescribed. We’ll see.
    Get to do: board meeting, get outside chores before it gets hot, take pics of car, test Bluetooth speaker so can do BB&B or T’ai Chi from voice recordings, type up ABN update form and addendum, Pilot tech support 5034447924 to link subscription and fix login, measure potential greenhouse space and distance to outlet, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Nothing but You, Shake it like that, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right); make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep potato area and raised beds for beets, carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes and sow; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine. Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments, figure out where to plant naked lady bulbs, Tuesday: call Progressive adjuster,
    Self Care September
    8: notice what you do well today, no matter how small: laundry, I separate laundry well, and wash dishes, and feed the dogs ;}

Too hot and smoky to do any yard work other than bare minimum watering.

Sue in WA like your daughter’s “…can’t find my way home” sign.
    Machka steak: 3, pot roast: 5, toast: 2, the rare cup of coffee: c. Tea dark, strong and sweet!
    Evelyn nice shots of the grands. Well done.
    Lisa are those maple leaves in your yard?
    Katla thankfully the smoke is from distant fires, no immediate threat. Trailer prep may have been primarily to give us a calming activity to do.
    Lanette wind has died down, everything is still, almost too still. What we used to call “Earthquake weather” when we lived in the Bay Area. Rain dances sound like a good idea.
    Faye right back atcha. Is your “modeling date” still on for tomorrow?
    Rebecca happy 36th!
    Vicki switching computer systems when “they” don’t listen to the front line users is just plain awful. Hope you can find the humor in it. So thankful I retired just before our new system went live.
    Welcome Molly in Southern WV!
    Beth “and so it begins” rotflmao

Smoke is making the light a spooky orange color. Wind has died down, everything’s still and quiet. Eerie. Joe says it’s like being in a Twilight Zone episode. Even the dogs are subdued.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    August: better than July.
    daily: sit with Joe: 7, weigh: 7, steps>5491=3264 vits=6.5 log=7 CI<CO=5 CI<250<CO=3 Tumble & Shadow 5=5 mfp=7 outside=6 up hill=7
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3= rx=1 dance= clean 30 mins=.5
    mnthly: board mtg= grant= 20for20=
    bonus: AF=2 play= sew=
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,435 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I saw photos of that orange smoke on FB on the Weather Nation site this afternoon in the Willamette valley which is pretty far north of you, but I can imagine the same effect. :o

I understand about the stillness.... this is where a ghost pirate ship lands on the beach tonight. Get your swords and cannon ready! :*

Rebecca - Happy Anniversary! Loved the family photos you posted a few days ago when your boys were young and family members were close by. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,815 Member
    Options
    Michele - if I waited for my husband to do some things I would be waiting a long time. I tend to just go ahead and do things myself.

Travey
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Did a body pump DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Biggest Loser Boot Camp DVD

Pip – you don’t drink water when you’re cycling???? Whenever I do a spinning workout, I always go thru at least 24oz of water, sometimes more

Rebecca
    – keep posting those pictures of cats!!!! Love them. Oh, that panda is right on!

Faye
    – I would be out of there so fast you could see the smoke behind me! Please, please, please stay safe. Evacuate if you have to. Just because there is a fire station doesn’t necessarily mean you are safe. I bet the place is deserted. Update: so glad the fires are out. But if they happen again (please God no)…..

Swan
    – Barbara is right. We don’t exercise for nothing (we have broad shoulders to show it)

Evelyn
    – what gorgeous grands

M
    – sending good thoughts for your hand/arm

Michele NC

Correct, I don’t drink while I’m riding or on a stationary bike, I don’t see that kirby doesn’t either

Why not?

I aim to drink one 750 ml bottle every 1 to 1.5 hours when I'm cycling.

Y? Cuz... never have. Make no mistake, I know what I SHOULD do, I just don’t. Don’t get thirsty. I drink afterwards, even on the MS 2 day rides

If I don't, my feet cramp ... even on shorter rides like a couple hours ... and that is really painful. I end up having to take my shoes off and walk up and down the road in my sock feet to ease the cramps ... and drink, drink, drink.

My feet cramp even if I'm slightly dehydrated when I'm not on a bicycle too. I've been in situations where I've been in classes or meetings all day, and I haven't had much to drink, then I've tried to walk somewhere, and my feet cramp.

M in Oz

I have had my feet cramp to but it has never been because of the water thing. I drink at minimum, 7 glasses a day. We r just built differently
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-
    Walk w/family- 1hr 19min 21sec, 2.9ap, 140mhr, 3.77mi= 600c
    Apple Watch- 458c
    Walk to store n back- 25.45min, 95mhr, 3,0ap, 1.14mi= 147c
    Apple Watch- 118c

Total cal 747
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Lanette... I am doing a rain dance. :-)
    Rebecca... Happy 36th... Way to go, definitely honorable.
    Tracey... If I waited for my husband to do things, I would be waiting for a long long time.

Betsy in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    Went in the pool today and was thinking about how Vince procrastinates. I only tell you gals this. When I came in I mentioned how he had promised me that we'd put down stones by the drain pipes. He STILL (he only had all summer to think about it) doesn't know what he wants to do. However, it is supposed to rain the next day or so so he said that afterwards (when the ground is soft) we'd dig it out.

I asked him to show me how to convert VHS tapes to a DVD only he has to figure it out. He only had all summer to do that. I asked him if he'd like me to work on the coins that need to be cleaned, he said he needs to figure out what he's going to do. He's only had all summer.

Michele NC

Do those things need to be done ... or need to be done soon?

Does Vince work? Volunteer? Is he busy with other things? Maybe some things just aren't a high priority for him.

For me, the drain might be higher priority, but the rest would be really low priority because there are so many other things at higher priority.

How would he react if you researched how to convert the VHS tapes or clean the coins and told him what you had learned?

M in Oz
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Thoughts and prayers for all dealing living close to the fires.

Barbara, I've been following your husband's story with interest since mine also has glaucoma. When i told him your husband's numbers, he said, "Holy, kitten!' (I went ahead and typed kitten since I knew MFP would do it to the word Dave used.) Dave's right eye pressure jumped up to 24 at his cataract surgery re-check and the doctor freaked. He has it down to 9 now. He had the left eye done today. Hopefully it will go better. He was really complaining of the pain right after surgery but it settled down by night time and he felt much better. He still managed over 13,000 steps today.

The meat/toast/coffee survey: 5, 3, D
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Red – welcome!

Tracey – that’s what I’m starting to do more and more…just do it myself. I just get so frustrated sometimes!

M – these things need to be done by Christmas. It’s just that I know Vince doesn’t take the heat well and these were things that can be done in the basement where it’s cooler. Now he’ll be busy with the Halloween/Christmas decorations. He really doesn’t do any volunteer work, he likes to spend time on his computer looking for Christmas ornaments etc. Or else reading. It’s not like we need a whole lot of Christmas ornaments and he doesn’t have to read a lot of chapters at one time. I don’t know how he’d take to my researching the conversion since it’s his laptop that’s connected to the VHS player. Another thing that frustrated me: I downloaded a book from Hoopla but could only see the first page of every chapter. I've been talking to the gal at the library who has been talking to the Hoopla people, tried all of their suggestions, no avail. They suggested I send them a requisition about the problem. Well, they tell me that they no longer have the book available. Now why didn't they tell the gal from the library that instead of making me uninstall, reinstall, etc.? And I only get 3 borrows/month and even tho I don't have access to this book, I can't get another one. I've used up my 3 downloads for the month.

Work tomorrow.

Michele NC
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,547 Member
    Options
    Awe, thanks for the well wishes.💖. We didn't do anything. I made sausage mcmuffins, with cheese, ( son had eggs) and country fried hash browns (did in the oven), and for dessert they had fluffy tapoica. I had some of the hashbrowns. I broke my fast but they looked good.
    💖Rebecca
    More cats: this one is a cat I follow called Bronson. He has THUMBS! He's been on a diet and is doing spendidly. They bought a harness because they were going camping.
    g7f9440v03xy.jpg

9dh0k3dh8xl6.jpg
  • Machka9
    Options
    Well today is our 36th anniversary. Doing nothing special, making muffins with cheese and sausage patties, and country fried hash browns. I am having eggs and toast. Presently sipping coffee, at 10:00 am so today a dirty faster. Some days are like that. I got hubby a card, he said now you're just making me feel guilty. I said well you let me have my sticker, stamps obsession so we're even. He's such a great guy. I am grateful for his companionship, and love.

Take care friends!
    💖Rebecca

Happy Anniversary! :)

• Machka9
    Options
    M – these things need to be done by Christmas. It’s just that I know Vince doesn’t take the heat well and these were things that can be done in the basement where it’s cooler. Now he’ll be busy with the Halloween/Christmas decorations. He really doesn’t do any volunteer work, he likes to spend time on his computer looking for Christmas ornaments etc. Or else reading. It’s not like we need a whole lot of Christmas ornaments and he doesn’t have to read a lot of chapters at one time. I don’t know how he’d take to my researching the conversion since it’s his laptop that’s connected to the VHS player.

Michele NC

You can google how it's done on any computer ... why not try?

Are these gifts for Christmas?

M in Oz

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Sue in WA: It is wonderful to hear from you!!! Air quality here is not at all good, either. This morning wasn’t bad, but by late afternoon it was getting worse and worse. :grumble:

Pip: Why is Kirby thinking of selling that beautiful trailer??? I hope you talk him out of it. Too much change, too fast isn’t good. Tell him you want to go through some seasons other than fire season and make your decision later when you both know you won’t make a mistake and be sorry for it. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: I’m delighted that your air quality was better today than yesterday. :star: Our air quality started out good but got worse as the day went along. We stayed inside and did everything we could to keep smoke out of our lungs. Air quality INSIDE the house is okay. :star:

Betsy: I’ll do a rain dance with you. Rain would do a grand job stopping fires and cleaning smoke out of the air. :heart:

Rebecca: Cute kitty! :star:

I am hoping for better air quality in the morning. Rain would be a huge improvement over smoke. :flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    B)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,440 Member
    Options
    Morning all. As expected, it’s bright and sunny today, although there is a pleasant coolness in the air. Not much planned today apart from the grocery shop. DH offered to do it on his own, so I’m having an extra hour in bed this morning.

Love to all

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Options
    I had a laugh at this ...

kxgiiisr4nu3.png

A couple years ago a financial institution asked me to FAX them something and it was quite an adventure ...
    ... locating a fax machine in our 10-storey office building
    ... locating someone who knew how to use it a little bit to get me started!! :smiley:

That time (a couple years ago) was the first time I had used a fax machine in about 14 years! Thankfully, I haven't had to use one since.

Machka in Oz