• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,738 Member
    Options
    Ooooo
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Katla - They swear it will not be dusty. :o I don't believe it, so we are removing the ornaments.

I get very attached to things, especially beautiful things, but once they are gone I don't mourn them. I do love beauty and excellent design .

At the moment I am having nostalgia for France. I want to go there and speak French. :'( It is making me cry. It's like yearning for a lover.

DH reorganised his study in prep for the two sofas to be piled up in there. <3 Then he got a sturdy box out of the garage to put things in. :D So, he does listen. <3

I organise almost everything, except the car. I book tradesmen, order things and drive all the decisions. My mother was the same. She always said that if she waited for my father she would wait forever. She was the driver in the marriage. Unfortunately, I don’t have much money, but I try to work my way around that by treading carefully around DH. I plant ideas with care. If I had money things would be very different. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1207906t5ef8adzuh.gif
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »

The fire season has nothing to do with his thought. He wants something easier to tow. We r getting older, backing the airstreams a bit@#h. If we got rid of the storage fee we owe about 2k left on the airstream. So if we sold it now, we could get what we bought it for or more and save on storage fee so that would be $320 a month and we would end up with a new trailer so in his eyes it would b a win win

Trailers/RVs are getting good prices these days since people aren't/cannot travel far via planes. It's a good time to sell. You can always buys something else later, if you decide to do that.

Tina in CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Would you get a better price for the Airstream now than next spring?
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather - I’ll gladly bite…what would you spend your money on if you had it?

Karen in Virginia

• Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Joining the 36 anniversary club. Our is Nov 3rd.

Update on the computer upgrades. They did come talk to me this morning and again took a list of what my dept needs. Sounds like Friday they will start switching over so I will be here most the day and then back at 4 am Saturday to help over any problems in our area. I am not looking forward to this, computers and I are not friends most the time. I just keep telling myself to breath and take it one step at a time.

Keeping all of you in prayer over the fires. We had over 100 temps last weekend and yesterday and today barely 40's with rain. I love the cooler weather, but 60-70 would be nice for at least a couple weeks.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • pipcd34
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Guess we are going to get the camp365, sell the airstream we r going to have them sell it for us
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    Did the Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do Jari Love Ripped and Chiseled DVD.

M
    – no, they aren’t things for Christmas. I’ve been asking Vince to go thru these tapes for YEARS. He has them out now, so hopefully he’ll get it done before Christmas. I know that he likes to put some decorations on the table he’s using to clean the coins. Knowing that he uses the table, I just wish he had done this before. I’m afraid that what’ll happen with that is that everything will get put in a closet until after the holiday. He was saying that he knows how to get a tape on the DVD, he just doesn’t know how to stop and add another tape. What I mean is that most tapes will hold something like 2 hours of video. Well, they only have one hour on them. Most DVD’s can hold multiple hours so he just isn’t sure how to stop the one video (so we don’t copy an hour of snow) and add another video on it. I’ll try to look it up if I can.

Sourdough update: Well, the starter from King Arthur left Ohio and is still scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I’ve fed the starter that I have. The one and only time there was significant activity was when I used whole wheat flour so I used whole wheat flour this time. I’m really not holding my breath.

Raining right now. Fortunately, it didn’t rain while I was working. I honestly don’t care if it rains now as long as I don’t have to go out and get carts. I still can’t bring myself to call them “buggies”. We’ve lived here 13 years and that’s one thing that I can’t get used to.

Faye
    – Vince had cataracts removed a few years ago. He’s the type of person who runs to the MD the second something isn’t exactly as it always was. And every time he has a problem with his stomach it’s ALWAYS something he ate. Just like his father was. I don’t like to constantly think about my health issues.

Barbie – I, too, hope to be buried with all my “stuff”. Vince has had his appendix, part of his colon, tonsils, gallbladder, removed. He laughs and says “if it’s not necessary, I just get rid of it. I have everything except my tonsils

Beth – so sorry about your friend

Tina – for YEARS I’d been asking Vince what he wanted to do about this bit of border that he’d used to “maybe?” divert rainwater to a drain. Well, he kept saying that he was “thinking” about it. Finally, a few weeks ago I told him if he didn’t pound it into the ground like he said he would by a certain date, I would just remove it. Well, he never did it, I even gave him an extra week. So I took it up. No problem with rainwater. Now I’ll see how long it takes until he realizes it’s no longer there. I can’t even tell you how many times he’s walked by that area and never said a word. I guess he really wasn’t concerned about it, but I thought it looked terrible.

RV Rita – I didn’t think those pics were gross. But then again, I may be somewhat immune since I see a lot of the things Jess sends us pics of. You want to talk about gross!

Oh wow – I think Vince is FINALLY putting up a picture. It’s only been sitting on the counter for months for him to do. I made him go to the store yesterday to get picture hooks, so maybe that had something to do with it. But it’s getting done!!!! Found a plaque that needs to be hung up. I can’t tell you how many years it’s been that we’ve had this plaque.

Michele NC
  • Katla49
    Options
    We still have a smokey view across the Columbia River into SW Washington. I walked the dog to the groomer this morning & air quality was not too bad. I think it is getting more hazy than earlier in the day. I haven’t looked at today’s news. There isn’t much news to see until dinner time.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: Would you get a better price for the Airstream now than next spring?

Selling now would be the time verses later. We are going to buy it after all, doing paperwork we r the first to buy it on the west coast. This is the first dealership in California selling them
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Karen:
    Oh, honey, I’ve had that furniture. I loved it, and I used it, and now it would just be a burden instead of a source of joy. I have no regrets about letting that furniture go. I’ve had it.”

I copied this to my google docs. Your mom was a wise woman. A great way to look at things as I declutter the things that I brought into our home.

We are getting a few days of cool rainy weather then back to 70's. I turned heat on at son's it was only 60 when I go here today. We had a low of 39 this morning.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,373 Member
    Options
    Beth - I hope things improve for your good friend. That sounds scarey. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    B) I have been reading off and on all day and finally got through 7 pages! :)

Prayers and Good Thoughts to All!

Carol in GA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    :)
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Today is Wonderful Weirdos Day!

"September is a strange month for celebrations. Apparently it's National Chicken Month -- do we really need a whole month just for chickens? Sept. 13 is the birthday of Roald Dahl... To top it all off with the ultimate geek-fest, Sept. 22 is National Hobbit Day, a day when every Baggins, Took and Brandybuck can revel in their (admittedly awesome) weirdness. The only way to top off all of this strangeness would be to focus on weirdness itself -- to set aside a single day and celebrate the weird ones in your life. This is exactly what the city of Austin, Texas, has done for the past few years, celebrating Wonderful Weirdos Day on Sept. 9. Citizens of Austin have always found pride in their eclectic and progressive culture ... and the city continues to harbor an independent spirit. ... The best way to celebrate Wonderful Weirdos Day is to be your typically weird self, muttering on elevators and dancing through crosswalks."

Vicki - Is your blood pressure medication lisinoprol, by any chance? I have a family friend who recently had a severe allergic reaction to it after being on it for years. Worries me since that is also what I take.

Tracey - I'm OK with a little pumpkin spice now and then, but I don't understand how it got to be such a huge "thing" in the fall. A few years back I actually saw pumpkin-spice flavored dog food at Petsmart. I mean, Luna likes pumpkin just fine but she doesn't know that it's autumn.

Katla - You're right, William Shatner is Canadian. True story: Our university science fiction group brought him in for an event years ago and the tiny airline that served the local airport somehow managed to lose his luggage. So my boyfriend and I picked him up at the airport, treated him to lunch, and took him to the mall to buy a change of clothes. Despite the mix-up, he was very kind to us.

Michele - I sympathize with you on the procrastination thing. Don't get me wrong, I've got a streak of that myself, but Philip makes me look like an eager beaver. The only way anything ever happens around here is me staying on top of it and keeping up the pressure when he's promised to do something. It gets old sometimes, but what are you gonna do?

We've had a rainy couple of days and right now it's still cool so I'm going to celebrate by taking Luna out for a walk in a little while. Hopefully this weather will stick around for a bit before we go back to hot and humid. Anyhow, it's an opportunity for this weirdo to dance through some crosswalks!

-Yvonne in TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Margaret-There are many people who did not have the most wonderful parents or the greatest relationships with them. The older I get, the more I know that my parents were a great gift, and the more admiration I have for women (some on this thread) who have become resilient, outstanding, well-adjusted adults despite surviving bad childhood situations.

I found this today:
    pz4q17injllp.png

Karen in Virginia

• Katla49
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Karen & Heather: I’m making a guess—Heather would travel. In the time I’ve known her she has had several cruises, including one that was cancelled because of the CoVid 19 epidemic.

I understand the draw. We sailed our own boat from our home up the coast as far as Desolation Sound in BC. We made that trip three separate times and didn’t quit until DH developed MS. If we had a magic wand that healed him, we would do it again and again.

:heart: :broken_heart::heart:
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Vicki -
    So glad some progress is being made with the hives. Re: computers, the best way I've found is to go in expecting them to work. They can sense fear.

Beth -
    Hoping for good outcomes for your friend. Those nights are exhausting, and leave you with a hangover the next day from the high tides of emotion.

Re male procrastination:
    Same old thing - what's annoying is not their actions (or lack of same) it's that they're not satisfying our expectations. So, I expect that if he doesn't do it, he doesn't really want to, so do it myself. If he doesn't like the results, he has yet to say so.

From Ram Dass (not that I know who that is, just ran across it a little while ago:
    xe3gutgjfh32.png

Got a little exercise today, not as much as I wanted, but not feeling my best. Doing a lot of investigation of the low FODMAP diet, mentioned here by Katla, I think. It's not that restrictive, and if I can keep Corey from seasoning with garlic and onion for my portions, would be about what I eat anyway.

The VA called yesterday, but it was an unfamiliar number, so I didn't answer, and they didn't leave a message. The only reason I know it was them was I did a callback, but of course it went to the main number, not to whoever was calling. I hate dealing with bureaucracies for my health issues, but the price is as good as it gets, so I'm trying not to be cranky.

Time to chill for a couple hours until Corey gets home--breakfast for dinner, easy-peasy, so I don't have to play sous chef today.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa