WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Trouble getting here with Chromebook past couple of days. this is through windows ten. anyone else have problems with Chrome book and how did you fix it.

I think it has been MFP doing updates. I have been having issues the past 2-3 days too. It seems like everything is OK now.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,600 Member
    edited September 2020
    Phew! :p

All the furniture etc moved out of the two rooms apart from the two sofas and the dining table that they are doing. My son managed to carry the intermediate stuff upstairs in half an hour and get the curtains down.
    I feel much better now.
    Ready for dinner!
    We went for a walk to the sea and treated ourselves to an ice cream from Marroccos. DH had mango and I had my usual chocolate. The sea was oily calm.

We have alternative TVs to watch tonight. Early to bed.

Speak tomorrow my friends.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    81824br5uyrfrsr.gif
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    SuziQ: I love the bird photo. You evidently have beautiful neighbors. :star:

Lisa: I expect to get old. Maybe past 100 if I don’t get any serious illness or injury. :heart:

Heather: I’m happy your son was able to help move furniture. :star:

I just got home from a dentist appointment. This was a new dentist who has been added to the staff. I liked her and will likely see her again as my dentist. The regular dentist has health problems and is staying at the coast, away from the smoky air. There is a definite haze this morning.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,994 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Im up with Faith ,Jean quit her Job tuesday ,drove up to NH to let Sean know and bring him another phone and to grocery shop for Faith,she came home yesterday afternoon and left at 3:30 this morning leaving Faith alone until I got here at 7:30 .. im here until 4 + tomorrow afternoon.. then have to do stuff with my son Saterday afternoon..
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,691 Member
    Well my longevity test said that I will be around until I'm 88. Now if I walk for 30 minutes 4 days a week, and lose 40 lbs I can add on 8 years to be 96! Is that motivation or what??
    💖Rebecca
    Yes I knew you aunties would love that Athena pic. My son is becoming quite the photographer!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,691 Member
    4zo79emqcsac.png
    Wishing I had Myrna's eyes!
    💖Rebecca
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,061 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Sue: So sorry the smoke was/is causing you to cough. I hope it is easing and you’re able to breathe more easily. :heart:

Tracey: How old will your grandson be on his birthday? My secret to gift buying success is simple. I call my daughter and ask for a few suggestions. :wink: What does his mom say that he’d like? :huh:

Machka: Curly hair is a surprising outcome from hot-flashes. :smiley: I hope you have an easy transition. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Do you have pictures of the model of trailer you’re planning on getting? I’d l love to see the layout. :star:

My horse friends are getting ready to foster horses that have lost their homes in the fires here in Oregon. They are talking about using he stables at the county fairgrounds, as well as placement of some horses on their own personal properties. I don’t have any real details. They’re just beginning to organize. These people are doers, and I suspect things will get going quickly. I'll help if I can.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

I thought I put a link up. I’ll do another
  • pipcd34
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Michele--I took our tapes to Walgreens and had them put on Dvd's. They put them on as I wanted. Sure saved a lot of time and stress from trying to do it ourselves.

Yvonne--I know the med is gentric for Zocar. I am just so Thankful the hives are gone at this point.

Rita--I think you did a very good job, they look ready for the holidays.

Pip--That camper looks fun. We are talking about getting one that we can put the motorcycle in.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Today is Blame It on the Large Hadron Collider Day!

For the science nerds among us: "Blame It on the Large Hadron Collider Day was created in 2008 to shift blame for losing things from the people who actually lost them, to the Large Hadron Collider. 'The Large Hadron Collider probably has your car keys, your missing socks, and your rent money, perhaps sucked into a black hole,' one source notes. The day takes place on the anniversary of the date that the Large Hadron Collider was first fired up in 2008. The Large Hadron Collider is the world's biggest and most powerful particle accelerator. Located just outside of Geneva, Switzerland, on the border with France, it was built by the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN). ... So why would the LHC be given blame? Perhaps it is because of its size — there is a lot of room for things to get lost in a machine that is 18 miles in circumference."

bananasandoranges - So sorry about the Morton's neuroma! I had that years ago and it made getting around painful for a long time. A few months of wearing nothing but Birkenstocks finally got rid of it. I even bought Birkenstock insoles for my hiking boots and crosscountry ski boots, and I had to curtail my barefoot tendencies around the house until it got better. Crossing my fingers for your teaching job!

SuziQ - Your orchid is beautiful!

Vicki - A toy hauler RV would be fun. Philip and I have talked about an extended RV trip once retire but we have not yet addressed the logistics of what it would take to do it. We don't need a big RV but we might want a fifth-wheel and a bigger truck if we were going to be living in it full-time, plus some way to accommodate the motorcycles. I'm a member of the Motor Maids and we have members in their 90s who still ride, so I'm going to assume we'll want to keep riding too unless one of us begins to feel like we can't do it safely.

I am going to blame my lost motivation on the Large Hadron Collider from now on.

Luna and I just got back from a walk to the auto body shop to pick up our Tacoma. The grand total for our parking lot hit-and-run was $2300! All I can is is, thank goodness we had comprehensive and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.

The walk was a real treat because it is FINALLY tolerable outside. After all the rain this week, my phone currently says it's 64 degrees outside.

Sending healthy vibes to everybody struggling with health issues right now.

-Yvonne in TX
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,226 Member
    I got to ride a horse today. My stable is back up and running after Covid and then tornado damage. Most of their buildings lost roofing, but the indoor riding ring only has a leak. We did a very gentle lesson, but at least I'm back in the saddle.

Annie in Delaware
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,790 Member
    Faye is having problems accessing Community pages. She was going for her procedure today. Haven’t heard how it went yet.
  • pipcd34
    e1ote37vijoz.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,790 Member
    I’m thinking if renovating my hobbies room. I want to move all my various stashes to the same room.

DH is sympathetic, so I am mocking up a plan, and a wish list for what I want. It will give him a new project to work on, and keep him occupied. He has already run through most of his list of the tasks that he earmarked to do during Covid lockdown. He’s an excellent carpenter, so will make a great job of my plans.

Positive, healthy thoughts to any of you with health issues. 💕💖💕

☘️ Terri
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,988 Member
    B)