WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    this was a few days ago , taken about noon- it was actually darker than the picture shows

flcoun8p926g.png
    EPA now shows the air is up to 259
    The fires are more under control but the fog and smoke together is really bad.
  • dlfk202000
    edited September 2020
    Options
    my results_

Results
    Your predicted future healthy years is 33.6 Years
    Your Relative Healthy Life Expectancy is about 29.4% above Average
    Your predicted future unhealthy years is 5.2 Years
    Your predicted future total years of living is 38.9 Years i.e. Your predicted age at death is 58 + 38.9 (Current Age + Life Expectancy) = 96.9 Years
    Your predicted future unhealthy years, if disabled by a cognitive disease, is 7.6 Years
    How does my lifestyle affect my Healthy Life Expectancy?
    By exercising more you can increase your healthy life expectancy by 10.60% which is about 42.7 months
    At the moment your BMI is looking good, but make sure you keep an eye on it
    By sleeping more each night you can increase your healthy life expectancy by 5.11% which is about 20.6 months
    Your alcohol consumption has little effect on your healthy life expectancy
    Not smoking has a positive impact on your healthy life expectancy

husbands(guessed his weight,)

Results
    Your predicted future healthy years is 16.6 Years
    Your Relative Healthy Life Expectancy is about 41.2% below Average
    Your predicted future unhealthy years is 3.7 Years
    Your predicted future total years of living is 20.3 Years i.e. Your predicted age at death is 56 + 20.3 (Current Age + Life Expectancy) = 76.3 Years
    Your predicted future unhealthy years, if disabled by a cognitive disease, is 11.9 Years
    How does my lifestyle affect my Healthy Life Expectancy?
    By exercising more you can increase your healthy life expectancy by 6.13% which is about 12.2 months
    By moving your BMI into a healthier range you can increase your healthy life expectancy by 17.89% which is about 35.6 months
    By sleeping more each night you can increase your healthy life expectancy by 13.16% which is about 26.2 months
    Your alcohol consumption has little effect on your healthy life expectancy
    Not smoking has a positive impact on your healthy life expectancy

he needs to work on this.

Debbie
    Napa Valley
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    so, I was online at Kaiser(medical) and decided to see about an appointment with gyn.dr. for PAP-
    these are the options-
    phone appointment
    video appointment

would be great and a lot less painful to do it that way IF they could-
    just made me laugh at the thought.

Then the bottom of the page said to call in for in person appointments- they can not be done online.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    My DDIL'S advice on how to deal with conflict.
    1iers3k55uxl.png

Love Heather UK XXXXXX

I really need to read, reread and reread this and then sit down and have a chat with husband- did a few years ago but nothing changed. Need to try again.
    THANK YOU
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: I hope you’re able to take the washer/dryer back without any troubles. :star:

Debbie: I’m so sorry for your poor air quality situation. Ours seems to be getting worse as the day goes along. :ohwell:

DH & I are staying indoors for the next while. We got our shopping done and are staying inside as much as possible. We stopped at our favorite grocery store just in time to see the head cashier close and lock the doors. This store has roll up overhead doors for customers and the air quality was too poor for the staff to stay, so they closed the roll up doors, locked everything up and went home. I imagine the store owner will be unhappy, but the head cashier did the right thing for the health and welfare of the employees and also the customers. We went to one of the other stores in town to get our shopping done. All of the other stores in town have doors that open and close as needed.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    The heartwarming story of Gander, Newfoundland’s extraordinary role in 9/11:

Karen in Virginia

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    Uuuuu
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family, Apple Watch- 1hr 11min 37sec, 3.7ap, 4.34mi= 392c
    Strava app- 526c
    Other, vacuum, dust, change sheets- 1hr 21min 56sec, = 378c

Total cal 770
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Heather – your floors look lovely. What type of treatment did they use on them? I guess I was thinking there would be a stain or varnish, but if they are putting furniture back the same day they must have not needed to dry.

Machka-I like your assignment countdown!

Lisa-I am following your digestive issues with interest. A couple of weeks ago I had fairly bad pain in gall bladder area. When I went to doctor for my regular bloodwork he pushed around and I pretty much hit the ceiling. He sent me for ultrasound-didn’t show anything. Meanwhile, it felt like my digestive track was doing the wave. Had been told a number of years ago I had a spastic colon, took bentyl for awhile and then without problems, didn’t give it much thought. Got a new script for bentyl called in and started new probiotic and seems to be improving.

SIL called me a couple of days ago. One of her dogs (her favorite, an 11 year old pug) made an escape through a hole in the fence and took off. She has a nearly 5 acres lot behind her house that is overgrown with grass this time of year. Neighbors helped look but no sign of her. There are coyotes out there. We have her posted on a lost and found facebook page but so far no calls. SIL is very devoted to her animals. She never married or had children so they are her babies.

Finally made it to gym today-too many work meetings this week to keep up my regular schedule. Felt good to move.

Off to watch a bit of tv and unwind tonight.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    Options
    Ginny - They put down one prep coat and two silk varnish coats. They polished between the two coats. Apparently the varnish takes about 45 mins to dry per coat! We were told to let it alone to harden for the night, but the heavy stuff went back on felt pads. They sat in the garden while it dried.
    It's all a bit different to when we used to DIY in the old days. I remember clouds of dust and waiting ages for the varnish to dry! There honestly was not a speck of dust.
    Excited now to get the painting done. DH seems to be up for spending a bit on the house. :o He can't get any interest on his savings and we are not spending any money on going out/holidays. I'm treading gently, but it's a nice change. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Well ive been home and relaxing....nephew coming tomorrow... Polish lady nervous about doing insulin so i might end up going up in the am to do it
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,373 Member
    Options
    Katla: Faye is hunkered down at home with her AC running as the air quality is not good we’re she is.

I watch the Democracy Now news channel each night, and tonight saw the devastation that the fires are causing. I am praying for the safety of anyone who lives on the Pacific Rim. It’s a frightening thing to see on TV, so I can’t imagine what those living through it are feeling.

☘️ Terri
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited September 2020
    Options
    PS: Faye is not able to access Community at the moment. Tech Support say that others are having problems, and they are working on it. MFP must be doing an ‘upgrade’.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Did 10 Minute Solution Carb Burner DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Lower Body Pilates DVD

Went to the dermatologist today. He froze two spots off (one he did because it eventually would start hurting so really more of preventive). But he did say that everything looks good

Fed my starter today. I’m not sure, it might have risen some.

Evelyn – many times Vince is that way, too. If I start something, he’ll then do it “because I would do it this way or that way”. His OCD kicking in again. Oh well…at least it gets done

Katla – I’m so looking forward to trying my first loaf of sourdough. Believe me, I’ll give it a while to double before I make it. If you call BRM, they will send you coupons for their products

You know, I said to Vince back in June that we should do digging and putting down rock in the front yard before it gets too hot for him to work outside. He said “oh, I can work in the heat”. Well, at my insistence, we started today and what did he say? “I don’t know how much more of this I can do and not get heat stroke”. “You said you can work in the heat”. “Oh, I can, IF the temperature was 10 degrees cooler”. I was about to say “that’s why I wanted to do it in June” but thought better of it. He asked me to tell him what I was going to say so I did. Then I just dropped it. I went in the pool and Vince worked on his computer. We went back out and finished one side of the drainpipe. Vince said “I’m old”. So I just told him “you’re not that much older than me” (one year). He said “it’ll be weeks before we can do the other side” “why” “well, we have things to do, Monday is bowling, you’re working, Thursday I have a MD appointment” “well, we’re not doing anything on Tuesday, and we can do it after I work on Wednesday.” Honestly!

Heather
    – your floors look really nice.

Thinking of everyone dealing with poor air quality.

Hear ye, hear ye…it looked like my starter doubled in size and IT PASSED THE FLOAT TEST!!!!

Need to work tomorrow, then want to go with Vince to hopefully get the rocks, not sure when I can bake the bread, but I’m so so happy

I’m thinking that I may have to skip exercise tomorrow. There’s no way I can do it before work and when I get home I’m hoping to help Vince get the stone. To me, that is more important. He’s going to a gun show and I don’t know how long he’ll be gone. If he’s gone when I get back from work, maybe I can exercise. We shall see.

Michele NC
    Who is thinking maybe tomorrow night she’ll make the bread – or Sunday
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    It's finally working!!!

Smoke is really bad here and coming from all directions and hanging in here. All windows sealed and the AC fan on constantly. I haven't gone out since morning. The smoke rolled in in minutes. No near fire warning just air quality dangerous. It looks like it is bad all over the west. I have a friend staying until the smoke clears as she has lung issues and uses an inhaler, but should she go down, I didn't want her alone and maybe unable to call 911. My nose and eyes are burning even in my tight sealed house.

I will try to read old posts all 125 of them soon. My friend has me doing word puzzles with her on her Ipad and she does tournaments and wins many of them. The dryer buzzer indicates the last load is dry.

Please be safe to the many of you in fire and smoke danger. Many of you have it much worse than here and here isn't healthy. At least it is cool today that helps lower fire danger.

Photo from a friend in Salem surrounded by fires yesterday, but safe except for the smoke. A couple of small rural towns near her burned down totally. They were burning when she got this photo of the glow the mass fires created mainly from Talent, Oregon. Scary!
    j3kcyasw6tlf.jpeg

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Heather - your floors look beautiful!
    Your DIL gives great advice. I’m happy for you that DH is loosening the purse strings a bit for home improvements. That is where I would spend a lot of my money of I could because I spend most of my time here I feel I might as well enjoy it more.

Debbie - I hope you have better luck with your husband this time.

Karen - have you seen the movie/documentary about Gander and 9/11? It’s very interesting and there is a musical.

Quiet but busy day at work, such a difference when the boss is away, people are actually happy.

Tomorrow is my Grandsons party at our house, I bought a Happy Birthday banner and three small balloons. That will have to do for this year.

I need to do a massive cleaning in the morning. I was lazy last weekend after my sleepover and didn’t dust, scrub and clean the bathroom like I usually do.

I don’t know if I said or not, we received the quote for the car repair it’s $1700. I checked my RRSP and I have 1400 available to me so I’ve asked for that to be withdrawn again. I used the last bit in there for the trailer levelling. This is why I’ll be retiring at noon on the day of my funeral. I guess at least I have a way of paying for these big repair bills.

Tracey in Edmonton

• TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Faye: Hurrah!!! You're back.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Terri Thank you for your post keeping all up on my absents.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that I am done with errands for the day. I’m tired of being the “gofor.”

Heather: Your DDIL is an excellent advisor. :flowerforyou:

I’ve been wondering why we haven’t heard from Faye lately. I looked and the air quality in her area is very poor. I hope she is okay.

According to my close friend, Siri, the air quality index in my town is currently 280, and is very unhealthy. :grumble: The air quality inside my home is much better. We have our air filtering system turned on and it helps. :star:

I just had a wonderful telephone conversation with my daughter. She is touching bases with us and other friends in the Portland, OR area. Our state, along with Washington & others, is in the national news due to the fires.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon