WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Very little light hot flashes, to the point I wasn't sure if I had them. no profuse sweating just a bit of temperature variation probably about 10 noticeable times max.

Per day?

I have my first on the bus in the morning.
    Then about 1 per hour during the day at work.
    Then a couple on the bus on the way home from work.
    Then about 1 per half hour in the evenings until I go to bed.

I have a fan beside my desk at work and a fan beside my desk at home.

For the bus, I used to wear a fairly heavy jacket to and from work, now I don't. I bring a light rain jacket in my backpack but even if it is <10C, I'll be standing by the side of the road waiting for the bus in a lightweight long-sleeved top and maybe a very light cardigan because I know that when I get on the bus I'll feel about 150 degrees.

It's tiring.

M in Oz

• Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Air Quality This Morning Columbia River Gorge and Basin
    Hood River, Oregon 665
    The Dalles, Oregon 424
    Hermiston, Oregon 445
    Kennewick, Washington 824

No doors or windows opened this morning. AC fan still turning. Slept well after dissolving a slippery elm to combat smoke raw throat. Patio Tai Chi canceled and indoor workout modified to post-procedure "surgery" guidelines since one polypectomy was performed. No walk today. Up and down the hall with the Faye Sashay until I am sick of it. A few kitchen counter pushups to strengthen chest muscles and postpone further outrageous demands that gravity has in store for my paltry boobs.

Barbara Be careful! Our AQI was up to 555 last evening. My friends in Kennewick, Wa. are really struggling. 824 is highly toxic. If only we can get a west wind. Glad Joe's pressures are down some. The wet washrag really helps. When my pressures were up I would use an ice pack briefly, then go to a heat pack on the side by the bad eye. I also held a wet rag over my face last evening for a spell. It helped eyes, nose, and throat.

Flea Noticing that the valley AQI is down with a few real high pockets. Silverton had a much higher AQO than Salem. I was seeing the ariel views of the burnt towns. It is just heartbreaking. Thanks for sharing the photos. So far two of many fires appear to be either arson or extreme recklessness, but no connection to any political movement. Down power lines seem to be a major cause recently. It is no doubt the winds that have made the fires so dangerous and certainly the reason the Columbia gorge on down to the basin is full of smoke with the worst stagnation in Tri-Cities, Wa. I think everything is going to be really messed up for Oregon for a time.

https://www.koin.com/news/wildfires/fireworks-found-near-brush-fire-in-corbett/

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,807 Member
    Options
    Thinking about all of my dear friends out on the west coast..praying for rain and better air quality..
    Barbara- Oregon coastie Jean has one brother who is not mentally capable to take care of things..especially with a trust involved somehow he would find a way to take all the money and leave Faith with nothing..
    My nephew coming today to get the washer back to home depot.
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    AIR QUALITY Here is a great map of the west USA air quality. I started it in Portland, Or. You can minus it to see all of the west and then chose the area of interest and then enlarge. Notice one location in Northern Calif a high of 999! The map is updated every few minutes.

https://aqicn.org/city/usa/oregon/portland/
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Right now it is still dark. Ships just passed by on their way to Portland. DH just reported that the AQI in St Helens OR is 263.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,983 Member
    Options
    :) Air quality around 200, husband doing chores, no medical issues, lots of books and yarn and computer to keep us occupied indoors along with dancing for me and cooking in the Ninja Foodie for Jake. Life is good here.

<3 Many long distance hugs for those in crisis

:)Heather, your floor is fabulous

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Machka9
    Options
    Prayers for those in bushfire conditions. <3

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hugs for the smoke sufferers. <3

My son came over this morning while I was still in my exercise top and pyjama bottoms. It was much harder getting the stuff back downstairs than getting it up. :o I was afraid he would fall!
    All went well and I showed him the cupboards I want removed to make way for a new frost free fridge/freezer. After long examination and discussion, we found a way to unscrew them, so he will do that after we have ordered a new one. I'm going for a 70/30 black one I think.
    DH feels he ought to be doing it himself, but i don't want him balancing on a stepladder and holding up a heavy weight.
    I then spent a long time putting felt pads on all the legs. :D My new felt castor cups arrived, but the pouffe is so unstable we ended up removing the feet completely. Looks a bit odd, but it will do for now. I haven't put the rug back as it looks much better in our bedroom. I will look out for a new one in the new paint colours. For now we can just admire our floorboards. :D
    I am exhausted from multiple trips up and down stairs fetching all the ornaments. Will count that as my bonus exercise.
    Most of it is back, though I have edited it a bit.
    DH took it on himself to put back the TV and recorder, but couldn't understand why it wasn't working. I was a bit annoyed, because I would have taken a photo of the back before I dismantled it all. I then pointed out that the recorder also needs an aerial and , guess what, it then worked! I did not crow, but I wanted to. >:)
    I bought us some lovely flowers to celebrate our new floors. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    I took another 3-day weekend this weekend. It would be nice if they were all 3-day weekends, but I'll be working full 5-day weeks for the next 3 weeks.

The reason I took an extra day off this weekend is because my second assignment in my course was due at midnight on Friday. I find it less stressful to take the Friday off and work on it all day. As it happened, we were pretty much finished on Thursday, so Friday was just touching up. We submitted about 8 pm and I tidied this and that for the rest of the evening.

I did very well on the first assignment and our course tutor has indicated that we are most definitely on the right track with this second assignment too. That's encouraging. I want to finish this course this semester and be DONE!

Today, Saturday, I've been working on my cycling club stuff but we took a break and went to our son's field hockey game so that was nice.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    Nnnnn
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Prayers to All who are in the land of smoke! :'( I can't even begin to imagine what that is like.

Heather ~ You are very lucky to have your son so willing to take time to help you. Your floors look great! What is a 70/30 refrigerator?

Alison ~ Since Jean quit her job, do you think she will hire full time help for Faith. I hope you don't let her manipulate you into doing it.

Ordered a 4" mattress topper from Amazon and after reading all the reviews decided to return it. Found out today that I could return items to Kohls department store. Quite easy except it was very bulky and DH had to use a dolly to get it into the store.

Carol in GA
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    [mod hat]Hey, beautiful ladies! Just a gentle reminder that MFP has a policy of keeping divisive topics out of the community if possible. This includes political discussions. Our guidelines can be found here if you'd like to read them: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/community-guidelines [/mod hat]

Also - this thread is so warm and friendly! How have I never read through it before? I'm a [tiny] little bit behind you ladies, so I'm probably going to quietly stalk the thread now to learn what's in store for me. :) Ever since I hit 40, my body seems to be trying to fall apart. @Poerava14 - I thought I had morton's neuroma last year. After an ultrasound, a cat scan and an MRI it turns out I have bursitis in the same spot on my foot causing issues running/walking/riding a bike/driving a manual... And most people don't even have a bursa there. According to my ortho, I must have injured my foot and kept running on it, causing development of a bursa? Anyway, weird. I hope your foot heals quickly and well. Sending hugs.

To those of you in fire zones and tropical depression/storm/flood zones, please stay safe!

• Katla49
    Options
    Our current air quality is 303. This is BAD air quality. We’re staying inside except to let the dog go potty. The forecast for this evening may go up 25 points unless the wind changes. I can see the sun & it has a smokey appearance. I would call it smoggy.
  • Katla49
    Options
    The actual fires are far from us and not a current worry.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    @JustSomeEm
    The temptation is to ask what specifically triggered your gentle reminder, but thank you for it. We do try very hard to keep politics and religion off this thread, and hopefully, any slips were inadvertent. This place is a welcome break for us.

Rori -
    So glad to see your post, and so pleased you're getting some of the help you need! Even just a few moments to just be Rori must be restorative.

Heather -

Your floors look absolutely beautiful, I know you're very pleased with them. Glad your son can assist with the cabinet removal, and that you'll be able to get the refrigerator you want.

To All Impacted by the fires: Stay safe, my friends...

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,716 Member
    Options
    Iiiii
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    @JustSomeEm
    The temptation is to ask what specifically triggered your gentle reminder, but thank you for it. We do try very hard to keep politics and religion off this thread, and hopefully, any slips were inadvertent. This place is a welcome break for us.

Later, y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I agree Lisa. We are usually so careful to keep politics and religion out of this thread. I don't recall seeing anything recently that made me think that they were walking a line.

Good thoughts for safety for all in the line of smoke and fires.

Okie in the TX Hill Country