Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    Options
    Lisa - so glad you are off the antibiotics. I take D - Mannose. Bananas are supposed to be one of the best things for our microbiome. :D

Varnish going on. We are hiding upstairs in our bedroom. I am soooooo tired. Ooouuufff. :yawn: I may just fall asleep.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :) Successful visit to Costco yesterday so supplies are sufficient in all areas. Dancing this morning. Life is good. Hubby will be using his Food Saver to package the meat we bought into meal size portions before freezing.

<3 Barbie
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: I’m glad that you’ve gotten some relief with the FODMAP diet. It has done wonders for my DH. We buy gluten free breads & rolls for DH & I buy wheat bread for myself. When we have a noodle dish, both of us eat the GF Pasta. We buy GF flour from Bob’s Redmill. It is available at all of our local grocery stores. :star:

Smoke fills the skies this morning. The smoke seems to be flowering down the Columbia River. It is not as bad at our house, right beside the river. I don’t smell it. Could be my sniffer and could also be the flowing river pulling the smoke along its surface. I haven’t turned on the TV to see what is on the news now. I’ll be doing that in a minute or ttwo.

Historical Note: Today is the anniversary of 911. Nineteen years ago, on September 11, 2001, four jets were hijacked by radical Arab terrorists lead by Osama bin Laden and flown into NYC World Trade Towers and the Pentagon. Many Americans died, and so did the pilots who deliberately crashed into NYC and the Pentagon. America watched this on live TV. It is something I will never forget.

I suppose the fires we’re experiencing in OR and WA now reminded me about the fires that were deliberately caused back then. In our current situation the fires were NOT caused by terrorists. Some of our current crisis may eventually be attributed to carelessness &/or lightning strikes. :sad:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,725 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Pip: Camp 365 is interesting. I wonder whether you’ll like one when you see it in person. :flowerforyou:

Annie in DE: Oregon is currently on fire and the horse group I belong to is gearing up to provide safe refuge for horses that need to be rescued from places facing fire danger. I think they’ll be ready to take in horses in a short time. Things are terrible for all animals that live outdoors at this time. :cry:

Michele: I am delighted your sourdough starter finally came!! Be sure to double it several times so that you have enough to make a meal and enough starter remaining to double for the next time. I hope you will enjoy it as much as DH & I enjoy ours. :heart: I have a King Arthur Crock that I bought through Ace Hardware. I bought one like it for my daughter, too. I estimate it would hold about a half-gallon of starter. I never actually measured how much it would hold. When you make something, be sure you have enough starter left over to double for the next time. :heart:

Oregon and Washington are both experiencing serious fires. Forests are burning out of control and homes are also burning. People are leaving their homes to get to safety. Air quality is poor because of smoke. Watch the news for more accurate details than I can provide. DH and I are not currently near any of the fires. Air quality here is not great but it is better than many places. If you are inclined to pray, please pray for the West Coast, its people and both wild and domestic animals. :heart:

We did like it as much when we saw it in person, we bought it. It’s on order, now gotta sell the airstream
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Pip: Camp 365 is interesting. I wonder whether you’ll like one when you see it in person. :flowerforyou:

Annie in DE: Oregon is currently on fire and the horse group I belong to is gearing up to provide safe refuge for horses that need to be rescued from places facing fire danger. I think they’ll be ready to take in horses in a short time. Things are terrible for all animals that live outdoors at this time. :cry:

Michele: I am delighted your sourdough starter finally came!! Be sure to double it several times so that you have enough to make a meal and enough starter remaining to double for the next time. I hope you will enjoy it as much as DH & I enjoy ours. :heart: I have a King Arthur Crock that I bought through Ace Hardware. I bought one like it for my daughter, too. I estimate it would hold about a half-gallon of starter. I never actually measured how much it would hold. When you make something, be sure you have enough starter left over to double for the next time. :heart:

Oregon and Washington are both experiencing serious fires. Forests are burning out of control and homes are also burning. People are leaving their homes to get to safety. Air quality is poor because of smoke. Watch the news for more accurate details than I can provide. DH and I are not currently near any of the fires. Air quality here is not great but it is better than many places. If you are inclined to pray, please pray for the West Coast, its people and both wild and domestic animals. :heart:

Fires in California too
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛💙💚💜
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,968 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Warmer today but not hot. I’ve been tasked with taking individual pictures of all the campsites for advertising purposes on Reserve America. Waiting for sun to com out more so the sites don’t look so desolate. All the Salt Cedars have lost their green for the winter and with grey skies. I did take a couple test pics with phone and don’t like the blah of them. I will be doing the others with my camera later.
    yj5yrabmtow4.jpeg
    ndy3ervsotpu.jpeg
    r3zibtk3b8ru.jpeg
    Have to go do cat leg rinse first.

RV Rita happy to have a task!
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Heather - BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Wow, the contractors were clean! I am sure there will be a little tidying because there always is.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Pip - Congratulations on the new RV.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Good morning Ladies!!
    Hope everyone is doing well,staying on track or at least not falling off too bad.

Skipped reading for a few days and trying to catch up.
    Air is still really bad here- a couple days ago it looked like 5AM but was actually noon- it was like that all day- it is never that dark in the middle of the day, even in winter, but there was a red haze instead of grey. The air quality is worse the past two days even though it doesn't look quite as bad. Right now it is ACI 232!! Very unhealthy. Contacted my doctor for some nebulizer meds- I have used it in the past but never had my own prescription- always used what the triplets mom supplied for the kids AND I. Don't have the kids anymore so needed my own. Worried about asking the doctor about it beings it wasnt my meds I had been using- she never questioned it-just ordered new machine and meds-I canceled the machine- have two so don't need to pay for another one. Will start breathing better soon. Hoping not too expensive but doesn't matter, I need to be able to breath. She already ordered an inhaler. All this just from emails- haven't actually seen her in a few years- need to set up a phone appointment next week.
    I will finish reading all your posts and comment then.

Debbie
    Napa Valley, CA
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    When I click community from laptop it logs me out with the “investigating issue’ message. Reading from phone, will post when I can copy paste from laptop.
    XO Barbara
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Pip: Happy travels in your new RV. Good luck finding a good home for your Airstream. :star:

Barbie: Thanks for the funny reminder to pick up (after) the dog. Luckily, my dog isn’t as heavy as the one in the photo. :wink:

Heather: Your floors are beautiful. Congratulations! "Done" is a wonderful feeling. Now you can enjoy your home. :flowerforyou:

Faye: Are you doing okay?

It appears that the West Coast of N America is on fire from CA to BC Canada & beyond. I found a post from AK 9/11/2020. They are tracking 30 fires in AK. I’ve heard of the Pacific Rim as the Ring of Fire many years ago. That story was about volcanic activity. This time, it is wild fire.

I’ve been shopping. We now have adequate supplies of TP, dogfood, and brown rice pasta.

• pipcd34
    Options
    fcqb0jvtdipv.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,814 Member
    Options
    Faith had her lunch and now she is napping,then will get her in the shower..Jean gets a service in on the weekends i dont work and most are of polish decent.. last weekend the one that came didnt know how to do the insulin so poor Sherry had to come up and do it every morning Jean was gone..
    I have to go through the drill with the one coming for the weekend and hopefully she knows ,was told she does...
    Then i am hoping my nephew comes and helps take the washer/dryer combo back to Home Depot for me..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,366 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    We gave the guys a tip because they were really good about putting felt on all the castor cups and table and placing the big items back in the EXACT positions. :o DH said he had to stop himself laughing as I was directing them to the millimetre placement. I am very OCD about these things. ;) They have left us extra felt we can stick on the legs of our dining chairs etc. I have new castor cups coming tomorrow which can go on the pouffe.

Amazon delivered a parcel today that was missing one of the items. I told the delivery guy, but he wasn’t interested. It wasn't sealed, so could easily have fallen out. Spent 20 minutes contacting Amazon via Chat, and managed to get a refund. Glad I managed it, but very frustrating. :# Don't like this delivery guy. If I don't get to the door straight away he leaves it by the bins. Some of the guys are really nice, but not impressed with this one. I've never had any problem with refunds though.

My son is coming over tomorrow late afternoon to put back the medium furniture. We will do the small bits.
    No dust. Amazing! Their machines are brilliant. I will run a damp cloth over the shelves,but i can't see any dust. :noway:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Lisa: I’m glad that you’ve gotten some relief with the FODMAP diet. It has done wonders for my DH. We buy gluten free breads & rolls for DH & I buy wheat bread for myself. When we have a noodle dish, both of us eat the GF Pasta. We buy GF flour from Bob’s Redmill. It is available at all of our local grocery stores. :star:

Smoke fills the skies this morning. The smoke seems to be flowering down the Columbia River. It is not as bad at our house, right beside the river. I don’t smell it. Could be my sniffer and could also be the flowing river pulling the smoke along its surface. I haven’t turned on the TV to see what is on the news now. I’ll be doing that in a minute or ttwo.

Historical Note: Today is the anniversary of 911. Nineteen years ago, on September 11, 2001, four jets were hijacked by radical Arab terrorists lead by Osama bin Laden and flown into NYC World Trade Towers and the Pentagon. Many Americans died, and so did the pilots who deliberately crashed into NYC and the Pentagon. America watched this on live TV. It is something I will never forget.

I suppose the fires we’re experiencing in OR and WA now reminded me about the fires that were deliberately caused back then. In our current situation the fires were NOT caused by terrorists. Some of our current crisis may eventually be attributed to carelessness &/or lightning strikes. :sad:

we are not smelling the smoke but the cars and everything are covered in ash and the air quality just keeps getting worse and worse. I wanted to take the daycare girl for a walk the past few days but not going outside at all.
    Debbie