WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2020

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,727 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im awake and having my tea...will let my SIL know i will stay over Thursday night..i would like to go up to the cottage this weekend and bring Alfie but dont know if it will happen..supposed to go to drum circle.on Saterday.. but would like to be at the cottage more..
    I cant contact my brother so will have to let my SIL know..i can stay through monday as i have a hair appointment on Tuesday.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,060 Member
    Options
    Beth when I had knee issues a few years ago the PT said part of the problem was my shoes and make sure I have strong arch support. He also showed me exercises to strengthen muscles around my knee. Reminds me with all this walking I am doing now I should start doing these exercises again and drink more water.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    View From My Window Facebook Post:
    tgu997isb2o5.png

8u9krze90f8s.png

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,940 Member
    Options
    casgt8coeadw.jpg
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    Options
    Beth: I also have issues with one knee. The physio gave me strengthening exercises. I need to be more regular in doing them.

☘️ Terri
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well i just found out the lady that bought my dads house passed away .she wasny even in the house 2 yrs.. so sad...here is hoping the kids take good care of it..
    Went over and took Homie for a walk with Alfie
    I did tell my SIL i would stay overnight thursday but wanted to go up to the cottage for the weekend before its closed up and that i wanted to spend time with family.. whats so horrible with that..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
    S
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💜🙋💚👋💙
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sue & Lisa: This may be TMI on the subject of Gluten Free products. On the other hand, it might be useful. We have a rotation of frequently eaten meals, too, and there have been some necessary changes due to DH being on the FODMAP Diet. He is now gluten free, and it is a big help for him. There are gluten free breads and rolls available at the grocery store for him. I still eat wheat-based bread. Pork is off of his list, but he occasionally has cured bacon anyway and it has not caused a problem so far. We have replaced pork sausage with beef or chicken sausage. Hebrew national hotdogs are on the list of things we both enjoy now and then. We eat more fish than before and both of us like it. We are big sourdough fans and have our original wheat-based sourdough starter. We also created a new one, using some of the original starter to get it started. Our new sourdough is fed with brown rice four rather than wheat. It is more fragile due to the lack of gluten. It makes good pancakes but I wouldn’t try to make waffles or sourdough bread with it. There are beer products on the grocery store shelves that are advertised as gluten free, but DH could not drink them without a major tummy upset when he tried. We keep some beer on hand to share with a good friend when he stops by. :flowerforyou:

Heather: We don’t have a rule about total size of social groups, but we do have one about social distancing-we need to stay 5 feet apart from others. Stores here have taped lines on their floors leading up to the cashiers. Grocery store aisles have turned into one-way streets. If you’re there during senior hours, there are many less worries about social distancing due to fewer people shopping. It gives those of us who qualify as seniors first chance at the best foods we enjoy. This may be the silver lining. Curbside pick-up is available at stores near us. You call in your order in advance and they bring it out to your car. :star:

Faye: We’re also engulfed in smoky air and we’re staying inside except to shop and let the dog out to do his business. :grumble:

Betsy in WA: It is so good to hear that your sister’s cancer is not advancing. That is cause to celebrate. :heart:

Remember Smaug in the Harry Potter stories? He is here and is unwelcome. :grumble:

Katla in smoky NW Oregon
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Allie: The only horrible thing about your situation is the way your SIL tries to manipulate you into doing what she should be doing for her mother. She will do and say anything to get her own way.

Please go to the cottage and enjoy it with a clear conscience.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    Faye: That polo neck top looks like a good compromise. Some people here are wearing ski snoods. Michael used one at the very beginning before I had made masks.
    Karla: many Supermarkets here also have one way systems and floor markings bit inside and for queuing outside.
    Betsy: (((Hugs)))
  • grandmallie
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Thanks Terry
    This is how it will work though,told her i want to spend time with family ,so she will invite my nephew and his girlfiend up to lake which means my brother will go up there and leave me with nobody but myself and the dog at the cottage.. thats how she works..ugh..
    My brother doesn't have his phone up and running yet so there is no way to contact him..