:|
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,079 Member
    Options
    ❤️❤️
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Hi all wish I knew how to put a picture in here. I have a cottage nothing fancy but to me it's heaven. We have 63 acres and 1/2 mile of lake front. And it's not a long distance from home. It's only about 7 miles from home. I spend a lot of time there. But hubby don't care for it. His bad because I don't stay home and bend to all his beck and calls. I go there to relax and knit.
    Right now i'm busy getting rid of the garden maybe tomorrow. And come back for tops on wed.

Good luck and see you all lighter
    Linda in Northern Ontario

Excited to see your cottage. When you post, look above the message box and you will a rectangular box with a down-pointing arrow. If you click on the arrow it will say attach an image and you can either choose one from your computer or give a link to one online. I like to resize my photos smaller so they are easier to see without scrolling and also don't take up so much space.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
    Yyyyy
  • Faetta
    Options
    M in Oz Have you ever tried using compression sleeves while biking or doing repetitive work?

KJ I can't imagine having a DH that would get up at my lunchtime. LOL! I also can't imagine doing a daycare. 15 years ago for a couple of years, I took care of my bestie's granddaughters while their mom and she worked. I loved every minute of it and being the fun "auntie" that played games, watched movies like Shrek and Madagascar, we danced, cooked crazy things for lunch, practiced girl self-defense moves, and sewed clothes and modeled them like we were stars. While I miss those days, I simply don't have that kind of energy anymore.

Grandmallie Staying at a lakehouse such as yours sounds so relaxing. I stayed at one distant family owned when I was in my 20's. It was on lake Michigan in Wisconsin. I remember the relatives having a BBQ and the mosquitoes were eating us alive and one drunk uncle spraying us with Blackflag. The lake was so polluted back then you couldn't take a dip. Us girls took showers to wash off the Blackflag and spent the rest of the time on the screened porch wearing bikinis and mixing up exotic cocktails. It was so hot and humid.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,826 Member
    Options
    B)
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    thanks for the kind thoughts,

@Snowflake1968 yes 2 years the Spanish flu. yes some people were also fined back then for not wearing masks.

@cityjaneLondon I have a couple of friends who got a huge corner sofa for quite a modestly-sized living room so they could both stretch out on the sofa at the same time.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    @Ginny thanks for the details on the shoes. my last good pair was Salomon, but I need to replace them.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    not in a good mood today but had a few conversations with nice people.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    HEATHER ~ Very sleek looking. Know you will enjoy.

Carol in GA
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Heather, It looks great! Very nice.

• Faetta
    Options
    I love it Heather! I have a similar one in counter depth. Crazy that I had to pay $1000 more to get a smaller frig, but I couldn't have the regular stock depth sticking out beyond my countertop in my small kitchen. Yours look like the perfect fit. I love stainless as long as it is the no fingerprint finish.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Congratulations on your new refrigerator!!! <3
  • Faetta
    Options
    Annie Those underwires are torture even for small-breasted like me. Good luck and being comfortable is the main thing even over how you look. Nothing worse than having the perfect date, but you cannot wait for it to end so you can get your bra off.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Faye: In more adventurous days in years past we took our boat through the Cascade locks at Bonneville Dam. We stayed in the town of Cascade Locks for a few days and then came back downstream. It was a memorable experience. :flowerforyou: Your home is beautiful. :bigsmile

KJ: In years long-ago we went to a musical concert at the University of Oregon. We heard Simon and Garfunkel, and also Abba. Abba was awesome. Paul Simon was also awesome & carried his portion of the show. Art G was not his best self. He may have had a cold, and definitely had a bad attitude. I enjoyed Abba and Paul Simon. :heart:

Machka: I admire your stamina. :star:

Things on my mind:

Last night I watched a football game on TV. The bleachers were empty and they used canned crowd noise. It was weird hearing the nonexistent crowd cheering for a touchdown. I suspect the pro football season isn't going to be a high point for me. I'll watch my Oregon Ducks if I can, even without a live audience.

Air quality is good in my town this morning. It measured 19 AQI and that is considered good. Three cheers for oxygen!!!

DH needs a haircut. So far he hasn't been able to reach the beauty shop. We will call a few more times and hope to reach someone. Otherwise I might be the barber and I am NOT trained to cut hair.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    I went down to the Moultonborough General Store it has been there for darn near ages.. they have penny candy (which of course is not a penny anymore)
    Big huge dill pickles in a jar and all sorts of neat stuff... i went down for about 1/2 hr and looked around and got a few things. Now back and relaxing for a bit... it is beautiful up here ,chilly but beautiful .
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    Shea butter sugar scrub is so uplifting! It is coconut and lime. So I am a fruity drink! Tonight I shall rub myself down with coconut oil, during the night I soak it all up, and by morning voila! Soft skin. The scrub really makes your knees, elbows and feet soft too.
    My kitchen counter looks like a breakfast bar at a hotel. Some muffins, cookies, coffee, and flowers. 😁

The only downside from fasting is my "ketosis breath" in the morning. This body is a factory at night, getting rid of old cells and WHATNOT, so all the yucky fumes are escaping thru my mouth! Don't you love that word *whatnot*? It describes things you have no clue of perfectly.👍. So the first thing I do waking up is brushing these choppers! Even before I do my business! Priorities!

My sister is feeling better these days. The smoke has cleared, and I am sure she is happy about that! I have been so worried about her, and even texted her daughter about it. She is the eldest daughter, married with 3 kids upstairs. I told her to keep an eye out with her using pain killers. She is so used to using things to mask the pain, she forgets to treat the main reason she is having pain. As with much in her life, she stuffs her pain, whether its emotional or physical. You ask her how she's doing, she's fine. Its amazing to me, to not process things. For my own health and sanity, its the one thing I do, I have to. Maybe its a Gemini thing.💖
    💖Rebecca
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday. I had a post I was working on last Fasting and got busy with the IT people and logged out. Good thing is I do think they have most the problems worked out for my dept. Still have some reports we need to be able to print, but so much better then I was expecting.

So far the low dose steriods are working on keeping the rash away. Can't say I feel great with the steriods, but One day at a time. I do know that weigh in tomorrow will not be good, but getting back on track with logging.

Barbie--Just seems to be eye exams I get stressed out about. I am afraid of making the wrong choice and not being able to see. I am looking forward to the new glasses and being able to see distance better.

Kim--Sorry to hear about the camp. What a shame just for them to let it go.

Lisa--Sure hope you get the meds and start feeling better. I know what it is like to want or need to get a list of things done and can barely finish one. I a pushing a little bit farther everyday.

Welcome back Linda! I do remember you and glad to see you posting again.

I love sending and geting Christmas cards. I send out over 125 and hear back from most. Mostly send to family and friends that live far away. But I love getting them.

One of my grand daughter that is 12 and in the 7th grade. She is home schooling this year. Well last Thursday someone hacked the school's computer syster and sent pron to all the home school children. What is wrong with people???

Well time to sign off and get some work done before 3:30. Take Care

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3