Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🙂🙃
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,595 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Karen
    :tonsil operation on the kitchen table :# Actually quite an interesting video! After seeing "Alien autopsy" years ago, nothing surprises me, lol. But a huge tip of the hat to all of you doctors and medical folks who deal with this stuff in reality. o:)

Karen - also, neat story about the African violets and your friend, hoping that friendship flourishes again. What a wonderful feeling that communication is opening again <3

Barbara - sorry about your W10 problem. Hope the kinks get worked out quickly. Wow, I am impressed by your to do list with the gardening prep. Good job!! My little laptop here seems to be having some power supply problems, even when plugged in, screen fading in and out. RATS! Wanted to keep Windows7 going forever. Still doing backups faithfully.

Machka - I saw that JOMO illustration a couple days ago and was going to post it here, you beat me to it. :D Very true!

Make it a fabulous day, ladies!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State where we're set for a lovely fall day. <3

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,086 Member
    Q
  • pipcd34
    Kim, Tonsils out on the kitchen table. wowzers! she was from that era. They used to do them that way!

Serious Warning: Not for the faint of heart, this is footage from a 1930’s tonsillectomy on a kitchen table:

Interesting, at least she was out
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Stats for the day-
    Walk w/family and back, then walk back and find phone- 116.14min, 5.99mi, = 315c

Slow jog while yogi went swimming- 32.18min, 109ahr, 156mhr, 10.24min mi, 5k= 613c
    Strava app= 377c

Spin bike doing a peloton class- 35min, 139ahr, 155mhr, 11.47mi= 369c per spin bike. 345c per Apple Watch

1273 cal

Got a 30 day Peloton spin class free trial, see how that goes. Kirby lost his phone and noticed it when we got home. I have a find my find my phone tracker and we went back and found the phone!

I weighed myself on the 3rd to see how much I gained. I can tell whe I gain a few pounds, I weighed 141.6 pounds. My traditional goal weight was 135 but I seemed to be hanging on 132. I usually loose 2 pounds of water after a workout so I just add 2 lbs to what it shows. I weighed myself right now and it shows 133.8lbs, so I should b at 135. I wanted to see how fast I would loose the weight and I guess it’s gonna b pretty quick

7.43am 🤪weighed 136.4 already
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2020
    Tracey in Edmonton: Congratulations for your daughter's new job and new puppy. It sounds like she will be busy. :heart: I have worn a wrist watch for years. It is stainless steel. Sometime s my wrist starts to feel irritated so I shift the watch to the other arm for a while. I use hydrogen peroxide to clean the watch band now and then and it helps. Alcohol would also do the job. :star:

Michele: This particular time my login was an easy fix. I turned off my computer and let it rest for a bit, then turned the computer back on, logged in and the problem was gone. :star:

Rebecca: I am a fan of your good common sense when you face any challenge. Your sister is one example and your creative cooking is another. :smiley:

Barbara: Can you log in through facebook? I hope you are able to get it sorted out soon. :flowerforyou:

Karen: Sending good wishes your way for success mending your friendship. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Today was Schooner’s final antibiotic pain pill from his surgery. He is doing well!!! I’m hoping to also wean him off of the pain pills he’s been taking for a long time.

We have another bright, bright, sunshiney day. I hope to put a bit of fun into it.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,004 Member
    Well good morning again...im guessing them taking that amount of blood out wore me out because i came home and slept for a couple of hours.
    Like i said need to stay near the bathroom so it will be a low key day today.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,214 Member
    Only on pg 14. Got behind. I’ll catch up later. Meanwhile, here is my latest mask creation that the Ranger and my DGS and DH love!

y4dmb3ti28ml.jpeg

RV Rita
  • pipcd34
    I
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,704 Member
    Pip, you are doing mauvalous in your new life, new surroundings, and I am really happy for both of you. I know it was quite a restart, leaving Washington. I know that restart very well having moved so many times throughout Lee's Navy career. But as long as you have each other, everything else is gravy.

There are days when I gaadabout with husband, and he's my only contact with people. I used to think that sentence was so sad. But now my brain ends it with ....and that's just fine, I'm ok with that. I have grown up with this man, he keeps me feeling safe, plus he's darn entertaining!😁
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,872 Member
    Faetta-- Great news on the lab test results.
    Katiebug--Love the colors of your house.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,164 Member
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Hubby going to dentist this morning so I'll have more than an hour home alone. What a great luxury. Tomorrow he goes to the chiropractor. Two days in a row of alone time. What a treat.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

Isn't alone time wonderful!!!
    I went and took care of our friends pets again- Went early just so I could sit there with a cup of tea and enjoy the quiet. It isn't like husband actually talks TO me when I am home, more like talking AT me- goes on and on about work then walks away before I can say anything. Sorry but I really don't care about his work anymore, or about his mom either- the only two things he talks/rants about
  • dlfk202000
    kevrit wrote: »
    Only on pg 14. Got behind. I’ll catch up later. Meanwhile, here is my latest mask creation that the Ranger and my DGS and DH love!

y4dmb3ti28ml.jpeg

RV Rita

I love the bead in the back for the tie- totally different!!
    Need to work on more masks today- Just need to do the elastic- not sure if I will do just elastic behind the ear or longer elastic with a button to go behind the head. I prefer the button one for myself, more comfy but others like the ear ones.
    1i2osatjsehh.png
    these are the ones I have to finish
    Halloween/fall ones.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley, Ca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie: I hope you’re feeling better hour by hour. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: I love this one, “Fridge Pickers make Big Knickers.” You have a delightful sense of humor.:laugh: I also like Lanette’s, “Being hungry isn’t an emergency.” Your thoughts about buying a fourplex has some merit. You’d be able to be near your family and have some personal space for privacy. Would this be a place on Whidbey Island, or somewhere else? Do I remember correctly that one of your sons lives near or in Vancouver, WA? :huh:

Our daughter’s youngest son is turning 4. She hasn’t given us a good idea about birthday presents so far. I’m going to text her soon if DH doesn’t do it before I get a chance.

• dlfk202000
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Allie: I hope you’re feeling better hour by hour. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: I love this one, “Fridge Pickers make Big Knickers.” You have a delightful sense of humor.:laugh: I also like Lanette’s, “Being hungry isn’t an emergency.” Your thoughts about buying a fourplex has some merit. You’d be able to be near your family and have some personal space for privacy. Would this be a place on Whidbey Island, or somewhere else? Do I remember correctly that one of your sons lives near or in Vancouver, WA? :huh:

Our daughter’s youngest son is turning 4. She hasn’t given us a good idea about birthday presents so far. I’m going to text her soon if DH doesn’t do it before I get a chance.

Love that comment- had to copy and share that one- THANKS
    Debbie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,615 Member
    Decorator has put the first coat on the walls. Looks great. Think we chose the right colour. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 969 Member
    edited October 2020
    Thanks for all the kind words ladies!💖

My husband and I were discussing in the car a dream. They always start with, "wouldn't it be great if....." . So what would be great if we (the 3 son's and us) bought a 4 plex! We would take the separating fences down in the back patios and make it mostly open. Patrick and Danielle (middle married couple with Athena) could have a fenced part for their dogs. We could watch Athena, plus and noises we would hear would be no problem because its family you know? The two sons active military would know their stuff is safe. We would be together but apart. Sounds like heaven to me! I can see " family night" with a couple pans of lasagna..... Or a son calling me whispering TAPIOCA! Its nice to dream.
    💖Rebecca

That would be near torture for me. :). I love my family dearly, but I don't love family drama and it exists even in the most non-dramatic families. I need a bit of distance between us all. Not necessarily the 1600+ miles between me and them, but at least a few blocks, miles, or cities.

Tina in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 10,004 Member
    Like I said I am laying low today and thats fine with me.. Alfie and I enjoy each others company.. and Barbie... after being married twice and dealing with and children and husbands I so enjoy ..just doing what i darn well please....on my way back from blood work I drove through the veterans cemetery to say hello to mom and dad and tell them how much i miss them and i truly do..
    I have confidence that all the ones I love that have gone before me are my guardian angels ..