WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: Sorry to hear about your sister’s miseries. Both gout and thrush make a person miserable. I hope she is able to get over the problems.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • Katla49
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I just had a tough time recording exercise and food. I wonder whether it was a system error or whether MFP is playing games with me. Rode my stationary bike for thirty minutes and worked up a sweat. :star: In the end I got my food and calorie burn counted. :smiley:
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    DrKatie - Love the colors! It looks great!

Pip - Glad you found Kirby's phone!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Katla49
    Options
    Dr. Katie: I love your color choices for the exterior of your home. It looks welcoming. :heart:

Rebecca: You often say things that are spot on. I love this one: “If you don’t make time for your wellness, you will be forced to make time for your illness.” Brilliant! Thank you for sharing. DH said that you’ve got it straight. I agree. :star:

Vicki: Thank you for your kind words for Schooner. He is doing amazingly well and we are delighted. Luckily, we have an excellent veterinarian. :heart:

Pip: The find my phone tracker is a life saver and helps reduce stress. I really dislike being anxious and when I can’t find something the anxious meter starts to climb. Find my phone helps. :bigsmile:

Karen: I am so happy your heart is light today. I hope that tomorrow will be even better. :heart:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,739 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    I have windows open and enjoying sleeping in the fresh air before we get blasted with winter.. ill take what i can get..
    My friend Trudy went for a stress test and didnt fair well ..there is a blockage somewhere and she will need to have a nuclear stress test to find out where. So for right now she needs to take an aspirin a day and if she has chest paind go to the ER..yikes..right now she us down in Louisiana and doing the census through friday and flying home Saterday..
    Gonna hit the hay..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,591 Member
    Options
    R
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Karen VA – what’s up?

Katla – what was the problem trying to log your foods? Were you getting the “an error has occurred” message? I get that all the time.

Hey! I’m on a run of logging in for 10 days!!!! :)

Allie - great thoughts for Trudy

Michele NC
    who needs to get ready for work tomorrow
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,950 Member
    Options
    <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    💛💚💙💜🤍
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,491 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    I'm sorry Debbie, but we can't let the toxic personalities of our sisters affect our lives. I try to concentrate on my blessings and limit my time with my sister. I do have an eldest sister and we get along well. We talk on the phone and vent about our sister. Its nice to have an outlet.

I made a nice cream of chicken soup with the veggies from my husband's Hungryman tv dinner he had for lunch. I used 2 and 1/2 cups of homemade chicken stock, then put in a handful of chicken, then the veggies w/ salt and pepper. I added 1 cup milk with 3 Tbsp of corn starch. After it thickened I made dumplings which was 3/4 cup Bisquick, 1/3 cup milk, and 1 egg and 2 Tbsp butter melted. I dropped spoonfuls in the soup , 10 minutes soft boil, then 15 minutes with a cover. Came out fluffy, and the soup wonderful.
    I have a bunch left over.👍
    Son has duty so gonna use his bathroom and take a bath!
    💖Rebecca
    Night night!
    yos944rr6dsb.jpg
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,954 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    From Action for Happiness ...

"Life is far from perfect, but there are lots of reasons for optimism. Setting positive goals for the future gives our lives a sense of direction and purpose. And although we face many challenges there are also lots of reasons to stay hopeful. By consciously choosing our priorities we can overcome issues, make progress and focus on what really matters."

45msr0bdhq8o.png
    https://www.actionforhappiness.org/optimistic-october

Do something constructive to improve a difficult situation

Editing my eyeballs out on this assignment.

It's difficult because ...

-- it's group work. I am so incredibly fortunate to have 2 good group members (even though one of those two panics from time to time and wants to change everything). Our 4th group member, however, is difficult. I don't understand how you get to the last class of a Master's degree and can't figure out how to do an assignment. Just about everything is done, but we're waiting on him to do his parts correctly. What little he has done so far, is mostly incorrect. But I've already observed that the rest of us keep going in and adding a little bit or changing a little bit ... picking away at his part.

-- we have a word limit, and we're about double it. Normally I can be the queen of editing and being double the word limit at this point wouldn't even be a challenge but this time, we've got large tables and although we have reduced our words in the tables down to a minimum, the size of the tables means that we've got a lot of words. We're employing some workarounds and actually if group member 4 doesn't get his act together, we may end up deleting 1 or 2 of his sections all together.

-- I have sent the assignment as-is in for review to the instructors (which we are allowed to do) but it can take them a little while to get to it, and we don't have a lot of time left. This is the third time we're sending it in for review. So far so good, but as I mentioned, one of our group members panics and needs the reassurance.

There's more, but those are probably the main issues right now. I guess it wouldn't be the last assignment of the degree if it didn't have challenges!!

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,954 Member
    Options
    :):):)

xws74p5k8nrp.png

One of the ways I'll be celebrating finishing my course!

M in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim, Tonsils out on the kitchen table. wowzers! she was from that era. They used to do them that way!

Serious Warning: Not for the faint of heart, this is footage from a 1930’s tonsillectomy on a kitchen table:

• grandmallie
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Im up watching the local news and having some water,yes i can drink water before fasting blood work..so thats what im doing...
    I might as well throw caution to the wind and stop at Walgreens and get my flu shot... i have to do a 24 hr urine catch so will stay close to the bathroom for that and drop it off in the morning at the lab.. will stop and get Homer out on the way home..
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,506 Member
    Options
    From my win10 laptop cannot get to forums. Logs
    Me out. From iPhone.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well Im glad i drank the water.. heavens to betsy 7 viles later and the pee jug to bring home.. yipee lol