WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2020

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,546 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

slow jog walk w/family- 1hr 59 min 14 sec, 3.20ap, 90ahr, 159mhr, during jog 10.12min mi, 6.5mi= 626c
    Strava app = 794c
    Spin bike- 33.14min, 20.6amph, 449elev, 136ahr, 150mhr, 11.42mi= 327c
    Strava app = 354c

Total cal 954
  • pipcd34
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Margaret (((hugs))) sorry for your loss <3 My niece had the 9" down in Lakeville. Hopefully you won't experience freezing rain!

Pip looks like you are enjoying your new life! Does Yogi have a radio collar? Handsome boy :)

Awning is going up! My husband is helping I wonder if we will get a discount?? Because of my injury I have 10 pounds to get rid of! I am still IF and mostly Keto so shouldn't take long to get back to maintenance. It shows me the importance of exercise and tracking. I will definitely never stop since weight seems to sneak back on quickly!

<3 Mary from Arizona/Minnesota

Radio collar?
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka- Congratulations on completing your university courses. :bigsmile:

Barbie- Congrats on filling your fridge and freezer!!! :star:

Debbie- I have one rose bush, a red mini. I’ve had it for several years. This year I gave it a bit bigger pot and moved it to a less shady spot. It has rewarded me with many beautiful red blossoms. :flowerforyou:

Lisa- I am so happy to hear that you’re feeling better! Three thousand cheers! I am thrilled that you are posting again. :heart:

Barbara- I like your insight on a good marriage. Both partners willing to clean up after each other is evidence of great teamwork. :flowerforyou:

Mary- I may have said this before, but I am so happy that you are back!!! :bigsmile:

Heather- We have a BBQ that uses bottled propane as its fuel source. It is easy to start, easy to use, and protected from weather by an upper deck on the second story of our home. We use it year around. Neither of us are fans of charcoal briquettes. :noway: I found this online: “In Canada, charcoal is now a restricted product under the Hazardous Products Act. According to the Canadian Department of Justice, charcoal Briquettes in bags that are advertised, imported or sold in Canada must display a label warning of the potential hazards of the product. No such requirements presently exist in the United States.” It goes on for a while and seems like it is worth reading. I am often impressed by Canadian laws & practices. :star:

Schooner is currently getting his first post-surgery grooming. He is doing so much better!!! I am gradually weaning him off of the pain pills he took for so long. We are now down to half a pill at bedtime. Before surgery he was on two whole pills, once in the morning and the other 12 hours later.

Katla in NW Oregon

I have about 15 rose bushes in front. They were here when we bought the house 28 yrs ago. They are mostly the same red ones- lots of thorns but smell good, then there are some smaller pink ones- basically no thorns at all but little scent. I have one that I transplanted into the wine barrel that I didn't even know if it was going to survive the move(I wasn't very gentle near the end of digging, ended up using a chain saw). I pruned it back (all of them got a good pruning) last winter. A lady from church wanted cuttings so helped me prune. They did great this year. The one in the barrel is a beautiful really long stemmed red rose- like the florist sells but not much of a smell at all. I just took the dead ones off and will really prune them back in Jan. or Feb.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Winsby- OZ is a nickname for Australia. Machka lives in Tasmania and I believe it is an island state of Australia. I suspect Machka will help us both understand how they are connected. :star:

Heather- I love the mouse hammocks! Thanks for sharing. :bigsmile:

Karen- I like using a propane fueled BBQ and have no desire for charcoal briquettes. This falls under the old saying, different strokes for different folks. We don’t have enough space for a hardwood burning BBQ. :noway:

Debbie- Your roses sound wonderful! :smiley:

DH & I were looking at possible bar stools/chairs for our kitchen counter. We have three there, and he’s not fond of them. After checking out the internet, they’re going to have a home with us for quite a while. Replacements would be costly and there is nothing the matter with what we already have. We also have a dining area adjacent to the living room area with an excellent table & chairs. It is more comfortable for DH.

Katla in sunny NW Oregon
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Well, back from seeing my friend who moved to the mountains. I can see that it’s some place she really loves, it’s her. But, honestly, I don’t think I’d want to take on all the work that needs to be done. I’m just not like you, Lisa. I would probably like it 3 or 4 weeks out of the year, but I’d like to be closer to the city, that’s just me. But I’m very happy for her. The lady who lived there hadn’t replaced her furnace in about 10 years, she relied on her wood burning stove for heat. The only thing is, the heat discolored all the walls. In the bedroom my friend is taking the walls down to the wood. There are 6 (yes, six) layers of wallpaper. That’s just a few of the projects that need doing. I just don’t know that I’d want to take that on right now.

Fae – you want to talk about curvy windy roads!!!!!! And some people treat them like no problem. Me? I went slow

Winsby – welcome! Oz is Australia

Off to dinner. Work tomorrow and then Vince was talking about doing things to close up the pool like taking down the clock, the speakers, I let the air out of my float so we’ll probably put that away. <cry>

Michele NC
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,045 Member
    Options
    My phone is running out of storage space. So begins the quest for a new phone. I think I know what I want, the moto g power, but I don't know if I want to do the transfer myself or find a store to do it.

Meanwhile the IF is going well. It works to keep me from eating my mom's cooking. Last night she made fried pork chops. I tend to be done eating by five anyway but she used to guilt me into eating another meal at six. So IF is a reason to follow my natural eating pattern.

Annie in Delaware
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla I misunderstood about the BBQ - sorry! <3

• Katla49
    Options
    Karen-No worries. <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
    UPDATED stats for the day-

slow jog walk w/family- 1hr 59 min 14 sec, 3.20ap, 90ahr, 159mhr, during jog 10.12min mi, 6.5mi= 626c
    Strava app = 794c
    Spin bike- 33.14min, 20.6amph, 449elev, 136ahr, 150mhr, 11.42mi= 327c
    Strava app = 354c
    Walk to pickup bike n bk- 28.29 min, 89ahr, 108mhr, 2.5 est ap, 1.42mi= 158c
    Strava app = 172c

Total cal 1112
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Pip I meant training collar.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Carol - I asked Vince if maybe he was getting tired of all the decorating, he just doesn't seem to be as enthusiastic about decorating this year as he has in the past. He said that this year has gotten him down. For example, not that we went out to eat a lot (usually maybe two or three times a year) but it bothers him that the ability to go has been taken away from him. Also, the masks bother him. He knows that he has to wear it, but he feels (and I agree) that there's a certain amount of impersonalization in it. I am a "people" person and this 6-foot stuff, which I know that it should be done, really bothers me. So I understand his feeling. He's also worried about the election (I don't want to go into it, but the truth is that I'm more religious than he is and I feel that God has a plan, what happens is His will and that's the right thing, regardless of how I think. I trust that He'll take care of things so there really isn't a reason for me to get upset or worry)

Michele NC
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Got finished in time for the rain, then wind blowing down more leaves. Lovely rain but we didn't need more wind to dry it out. All my gutters are clean and draining nicely. I was cold all day and I never took my jacket off even though I did sweat.

Tired and all my muscles are super sore. I moved much too fast but knew the rain was coming and the freezing tonight. Outside faucets are off and drained. I still have to drain hoses and the sprinkler system, but no worries as it has to get very cold several days before that is an issue. Still have to take the weedeater in for repair.

It is going to be a fun night as my entire body is stiffening and in pain. I already took a long hot shower. Ibuprofen down and homemade buckwheat heat pad on my neck. Constantly stretching while watching "Two Chicks and a Hammer." It is going to be a fun night.

Fae in cool rainy North Central OR
  • Katla49
    Options
    Faye-We bought a buckwheat pad years ago. It is a treasure! We found it at a Walmart Superstore in Colorado. We were visiting our daughter who lived there at the time. We pop it into a microwave to give it a little heat and put it to use combatting aches & pains. B)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK ❤️
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    winsby wrote: »
    Totally new to site. After reading current posts I have a question - where is OZ people are noting, I presume it is their location, or?? Thanks. Both my husband and I are using My Fitness Pal to log our food and it is working really well. I'm down 25 pounds, as of this AM, and he is down 10 pounds - he started later than I did. Bet he surpasses me in a short time...why do men seem to lose weight faster than us women? We're both over 70 years old so this weight loss is purely for health reasons...hubby just got the diagnosis that he is diabetic so is really motivated to lose some pounds before he returns to the doctor in January. We have set no pound loss goals and are only interested in getting health related benefits. All other times in the past we've "dieted" but this time our goal is health and resulting lifestyle change. It's kind of like "we'll know when we get there" attitude...hope it works. Appreciate hearing from anyone who is "in the same boat".

OZ is my location. :)

Machka in Oz
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    Barbara ... our pool water dropped to 40 degrees as it's been getting colder here in Western New York, especially at night. Also, we never heated it this year due to a broken gas line (which will be repaired next Spring when the ground dries up again and the young man we have hired can come trench a ditch). Normally, we have the pool closed by mid-September, but we're waiting on a new pool cover installation. Pool ownership is a pita.

Miichele ... I'm looking forward to the Christmas decorations for exactly the reason Vince is down. More than ever we need to see lights that represent love, hope and joy. I may even decorate early this year.

Pip ... the steel toe boot?? I'll have you know I've been much better behaved today!

Mary! ... a 3 foot drop would have done me in. Glad you're on the mend.

{{{Lisa}}} ... so very sorry you've been going through all of that! Praying that you'll soon feel like yourself again.

I am exhausted. Due to covid cleaning protocols, I have had to get up earlier that usual to be at work earlier than usual to accommodate different groups that are back to using our facility. (I'm the housekeeper for our large church campus). I fell asleep on the couch at 3:00 this afternoon while talk to my husband. It will eventually become my new normal once I get used to it, but for now, I'm one whupped puppy.

Beth near Buffalo

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    lfeorlg0a6yw.jpg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    Katla - I agree, furniture is something I would not want to buy online. It’s hard to determine comfort from an online review.

Lisa - what a scary ordeal, so happy they finally got it figured out.

Barbara - isn’t it crazy how one high calorie, high sodium day can make such a difference to the weight.

Allie - I’m so sorry that Jean is treating you this way. She not only hurts you she hurts Faith. Hopefully Sean can make her see reason. She is a very selfish, self absorbed woman. Maybe you could post your services for at home care of seniors on Marketplace. You never know who might need help.
    I always liked Highway to Heaven and Touched by an Angel.

Michele - if I waited for Rodger to do any decorating for any holiday I would still be waiting from our first year of marriage. He has no interest in any of it.

Long drives and bladders - I would tend to be like Michele and limit the water intake. My inner mountain girl left me years and years ago.
    Last week when driving my daughter that has the boot on, she told me that one of her biggest anxieties with driving is not having enough gas or having to use a bathroom in road blockage. This happened to her about 3 days before her first, there was a major accident between our house and theirs, it was normally a 20 minute drive and took over 2 hours. She was in agony.

Lanette - my son in law has banned Amazon from his house as he is trying harder to support local. I would do the same, but I can’t find some things here. What I can though, I buy locally.
    This same son in law has told me I don’t need to worry, he plans on building a granny cottage on his property, I just have to know that his Mother will use it first and probably have died there. 😂. She is 22 years older than me. He was a late in life baby.

Carol - I remember the year my Grandmother decided no more decorating. She bought a little pre decorated tree to place on her buffet and that was it. No matter how much I tried to talk her into it with even me doing the work she wouldn’t budge. She told me I would be there for set up and not tear down and looking back she was probably right. My teenage self didn’t agree though. She had that little tree in the home she went to and enjoyed it for probably 25 years.

Katla - I had no idea about the charcoal briquettes. I’ll have to look the next time I see a bag.

Beth - I agree the Christmas lights are going to be what we need this year. Some people here have already decorated and turned theirs on. I am waiting until the first of December.

My husband saw the doctor yesterday and he has to go for an ultrasound and bloodwork to rule out gallbladder issues. I think that is exactly what the problem is based on the symptoms and suggested that last week, however I’m not a reliable source I guess. In fairness, most online resources states that the pain should radiate to the right side and he is not having that. His is right in the middle and not radiating.
    He goes for the ultrasound tomorrow but we couldn’t get an appointment for the bloodwork until Nov 4th.

My BF’s husband was moved from CCU to a regular room yesterday. He has a long road of recovery ahead of him but he is alive and apparently the was touch and go for a bit.

Had a long day at work and feel I didn’t get much accomplished. Tomorrow is another day.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Pip I meant training collar.

Oh.. no training collar, just verbal positive enforcement
  • pipcd34
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Barbara ... our pool water dropped to 40 degrees as it's been getting colder here in Western New York, especially at night. Also, we never heated it this year due to a broken gas line (which will be repaired next Spring when the ground dries up again and the young man we have hired can come trench a ditch). Normally, we have the pool closed by mid-September, but we're waiting on a new pool cover installation. Pool ownership is a pita.

Miichele ... I'm looking forward to the Christmas decorations for exactly the reason Vince is down. More than ever we need to see lights that represent love, hope and joy. I may even decorate early this year.

Pip ... the steel toe boot?? I'll have you know I've been much better behaved today!

Mary! ... a 3 foot drop would have done me in. Glad you're on the mend.

{{{Lisa}}} ... so very sorry you've been going through all of that! Praying that you'll soon feel like yourself again.

I am exhausted. Due to covid cleaning protocols, I have had to get up earlier that usual to be at work earlier than usual to accommodate different groups that are back to using our facility. (I'm the housekeeper for our large church campus). I fell asleep on the couch at 3:00 this afternoon while talk to my husband. It will eventually become my new normal once I get used to it, but for now, I'm one whupped puppy.

Beth near Buffalo

That’s a good girl