Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What foods are just not worth the # of calories?

14567810»

Replies

• pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,666 Member Member Posts: 4,666 Member
    devonc2015 wrote: »
    Crappy cheese. Seriously.

SERIOUSLY yes
  • MsCzarMsCzar Member Posts: 47 Member Member Posts: 47 Member
    Not worth it: Sugar-free pudding. It's has only 10 fewer calories per serving than the sugared version with a zillion more chemicals. Same goes for sugar-free whipped topping. I rarely eat either, but when I do, I buy the regular kind with sugar.

• senalay788senalay788 Member Posts: 257 Member Member Posts: 257 Member
    MsCzar wrote: »
    Not worth it: Sugar-free pudding. It's has only 10 fewer calories per serving than the sugared version with a zillion more chemicals. Same goes for sugar-free whipped topping. I rarely eat either, but when I do, I buy the regular kind with sugar.

Show me the "10 fewer calorie" versions.
    You can quickly check out the labels and compare sugar-free to sugared here:

https://www.amazon.com/Royal-Instant-Pudding-Dessert-Vanilla/dp/B005JD4QLC?th=1
    edited November 24
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,779 Member Member Posts: 5,779 Member

For that brand, yes. I would never buy that brand of SF. I buy jello brand which is only 25 cal per serving whereas regular is 100 cal per serving (4 serving per container). Definitely worth it since I eat 2-3 boxes a day, lol.
    edited November 24
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,852 Member Member Posts: 7,852 Member

For that brand, yes. I would never buy that brand of SF. I buy jello brand which is only 25 cal per serving whereas regular is 100 cal per serving (4 serving per container). Definitely worth it since I eat 2-3 boxes a day, lol.

What I do is buy this: gb8iq9plhred.png - 20 calories/pouch and makes 2 cups. I flavor it with steeped fruity herbal tea and stevia.
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

What I do is buy this: gb8iq9plhred.png - 20 calories/pouch and makes 2 cups. I flavor it with steeped fruity herbal tea and stevia.

I use this PLUS those 10cal / cup "juices". Works wonders.
    Thanks noreenmarie, PAPYRUS3 and senalay788!!! Until now, I thought that Royal and Jello were pretty much interchangeable. I always liked the taste of Royal puddings over Jello so that is the brand I've always bought. Never thought of using the unflavored gelatin; but then again, I rarely eat puddings or gelatin desserts - or desserts at all for that matter - so as far as 'calories not worth it' - the sugar free versions made little sense to me. Good information there- so I will certainly make use of it!

Thanks again! <3
    edited November 24
  • Noreenmarie1234Noreenmarie1234 Member Posts: 5,779 Member Member Posts: 5,779 Member

Isn't it just like SF jello not pudding though? I really hate jello lol.
    edited November 24
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,666 Member Member Posts: 4,666 Member
    senalay788 wrote: »

this is what I think about low fat sour cream or cottage cheese or yogurt vs. Full fat

this is what I think about low fat sour cream or cottage cheese or yogurt vs. Full fat

Well I wouldnt go that far....
    Oikos 0% is 100cal / 175g
    Oikos 4% is 150cal / 175g

Not worth it to me, nor is anything FF to be honest. The products I buy, no difference to me.

Well I wouldnt go that far....
    Oikos 0% is 100cal / 175g
    Oikos 4% is 150cal / 175g

Not worth it to me, nor is anything FF to be honest. The products I buy, no difference to me.

I would happily take the extra 50 calories
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,852 Member Member Posts: 7,852 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 - Yes...sorry this is just gelatin - not pudding.

Simply Delish is 100 calories for the whole package - haven't tried this though:
    c2mkj0eavj3q.png
  • corinasue1143corinasue1143 Member Posts: 4,142 Member Member Posts: 4,142 Member
    For me and me only
    French fries
    Potato chips
    Most pies
    Most cakes
    Most candy bars.
    Grocery store danish (would definitely eat a good-looking homemade one)
    Grocery store or deli biscuits. (Still occasionally eat a homemade one)
    Most cinnamon rolls.
    Most grocery store cookies.
    Regular lemon squares.
    Graham cracker crust.
    Anything from McDonalds or Burger King except oatmeal.

Simply Delish is 100 calories for the whole package - haven't tried this though:
    c2mkj0eavj3q.png

I've tried these and they are amazing. Same calories as jello SF, but I loved the strawberry. I found they are a lot thicker than the SF jello brand.

c2mkj0eavj3q.png

These are the only ones I use. Vanilla and chocolate excellent!!! Skip the strawberry lol
    For me and me only
    French fries
    Potato chips
    Most pies
    Most cakes
    Most candy bars.
    Grocery store danish (would definitely eat a good-looking homemade one)
    Grocery store or deli biscuits. (Still occasionally eat a homemade one)
    Most cinnamon rolls.
    Most grocery store cookies.
    Regular lemon squares.
    Graham cracker crust.
    Anything from McDonalds or Burger King except oatmeal.

with you on most of this
  • AshHeartsJesusAshHeartsJesus Member Posts: 195 Member Member Posts: 195 Member
    I tried the simply delish after my oral surgery it is pretty good but pricey. I won't buy the aspartame stuff so this was a good treat. Not something I could afford all the time though.