November 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 Good for you for getting out. Who cares how slow you are? You were faster than the you that was sitting in the chair yesterday! Very pretty pictures.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @Kimbeers glad you are okay, sorry about your car.
    @mbaker566 great job getting out, such a sweet puppy, no thank you on the snake. :s
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    @Kimbeers very sorry about your car, but you sure have a good attitude!
    @Tramboman yay for the new driver 😁
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    Hey all. No running for the past week, as life happened an awful lot. Only two days until the ASICS Ekiden and MFP team 3 still has 4 slots open... or me and @katharmonic will pick up three segment each LOL. Use this link here with passcode 0103 to join.

I've signed up for the first two - only one space left!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    @Kimbeers So sorry about your accident, but glad everyone is okay. You have a great attitude and yeah for not letting it deter you from your running goals.

@kgirlhart I hope it is just sore and not injured. I would either take another rest day or try running easy to begin with and see how it feels. If it hurts worse, stop and rest.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hey all. No running for the past week, as life happened an awful lot. Only two days until the ASICS Ekiden and MFP team 3 still has 4 slots open... or me and @katharmonic will pick up three segment each LOL. Use this link here with passcode 0103 to join.

Yay! @noblsheep I would have been there for you but glad we have some help! I think I signed up for a 10k leg, maybe it was leg 5, but I can't figure out how to see the legs now? I can see the names of the people on the team though.

@quilteryoyo beautiful pics! That blue sky is stunning with the colors. And you and your parents look so sweet.

@mbaker566 good job getting out there. Nice pics too - and I always love to see Speed Demon. I'm intrigued about the 12 days of yeti - that sounds kind of fun, but risky for the scheduling! Your other two links didn't work for me.

@kgirlhart hope your calf is okay!

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    11/01/20 :::: 5.3 :::: 5.3
    11/02/20 :::: 3.0 :::: 8.3
    11/03/20 :::: 1.8 :::: 10.1
    11/04/20 :::: 3.0 :::: 13.1
    11/05/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 16.2
    11/06/20 :::: 3.1 :::: 19.3
    11/07/20 :::: 13.1 :::: 32.4
    11/08/20 :::: 3.3 :::: 35.7
    11/09/20 :::: 1.5 :::: 37.2

I ended up super tight on time today so just did a warmup before strength training. I should have run this morning but it just didn't happen. Tomorrow's another busy day so hopefully I'll squeeze it in somewhere but it might be a similar outcome.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo and @katharmonic. I think I will probably give it another day of rest and just do some yoga in the morning. 

Glad you got out there @mbaker566. Speed Demon looks so happy and that ooks like a pretty place to run.

Great photos of the scenery and of you and your parents @quilteryoyo.

Glad you are ok @kimbeers.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    That is odd @katharmonic
    The one is Running with my Gnomies and the other one is the holiday wizard run.

I'm also trying to convince myself I don't need any more headbands but Junk has some nice ones
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    I’m thoroughly confused by the Ekiden arrangement. I was convinced i had signed up for MFP Team 2, but I can’t find any emails confirming registration. And when I looked into registering again today, I noticed I need Runkeeper, which I don’t have! I will try and sort this out today. Saving my legs today in the hope that I am signed up and I can do my 10km tomorrow before work.
    I think it will make more sense once you get connected to Runkeeper. Your registration and team info is under "Races" in the menu of the app. I got the app just for this, but it looks simple to use. Hopefully.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    I’m thoroughly confused by the Ekiden arrangement. I was convinced i had signed up for MFP Team 2, but I can’t find any emails confirming registration. And when I looked into registering again today, I noticed I need Runkeeper, which I don’t have! I will try and sort this out today. Saving my legs today in the hope that I am signed up and I can do my 10km tomorrow before work.
    I think it will make more sense once you get connected to Runkeeper. Your registration and team info is under "Races" in the menu of the app. I got the app just for this, but it looks simple to use. Hopefully.

Yes, once you look under Races on the app it shows your team and who is signed up for which section.

• noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options

Yay! @noblsheep I would have been there for you but glad we have some help! I think I signed up for a 10k leg, maybe it was leg 5, but I can't figure out how to see the legs now? I can see the names of the people on the team though.

It's in the Runkeeper app under Races, and I can see all of you. I also noticed the event is in Japan time (GMT+9), starting in another 3.5 hours, and will end far before midnight on the 22nd for most of the people in this thread.

I'll pick up leg 4 (5km) now.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep got it. I'm finally with the program and in the app. I'm not sure when I'll do my leg, but it will be done well before our end time. I should do it today before the weather turns but it's not going to happen.

Good luck and happy running everyone on the MFP teams!
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,093 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @noblsheep - If I've done it properly I've signed up for the challenge. It said that 5km leg in challenge 3 was free so I took it.

04/11 2.36 miles
    05/11 2.67 miles
    07/11 2.36 miles
    09/11 2.69 miles
    10/11 2.70 miles

12.78 of 25 miles