April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k
    September Total: 176k
    October Total: 189k

2020 Total through October: 1773k / 177k per month

Sunny, upper 50s F and a south wind today. Had absolutely no energy, so went slow.
    @quilteryoyo Please, never use "shouldn't" and "pizza" in the same sentence.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles - Completed 10-11
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders -- Completed 9-29

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    Hahaha @Tramboman ! Sorry for that horrible faux pas.

Welcome @RicciDarlene !
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Cross training with weights for me this morning. I may be able to do my 10k leg of the Ekiden in the morning. I normally only run 5 miles before work but I think I will have time to do 6.2 as long as no one schedules an early meeting for me. It will be Veteran's Day here in the states so I am going to wear my shirt from the Marine Corps Marathon as a tribute to all who have served our country in the military (thanks for the idea @polskagirl01).

@quilteryoyo – No worries on the name! I too am horrible with names!
    @mbaker566 – Kudos to you for getting out of your comfort zone and approaching the running group. The accountability of others really does make a difference for me. I was going to sign up for that Yeti challenge yesterday but it was already sold out. Sounds interesting! I can’t wait to hear the distances you get each day. I also couldn’t open the other two links. My work devices didn’t like the addresses for some reason. Beautiful Fall pictures!
    @Kimbeers – Glad no one was injured in the accident.
    @kgirlhart – What would @MobyCarp say about your leg? Glad you gave it another day!
    @quilteryoyo – You found some beautiful spots and that sky is beautiful @Faebert.
    I also got the Runkeeper app just for the Ekiden challenge @polskagirl01.
    Welcome @RicciDarlene!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I feel like I am doing a terrible job keeping up with the thread lately. I am reading and liking, just not a lot of replying! @katharmonic happy belated birthday! @mbaker566 Always delightful to see more pics of Speed Demon! @quilteryoyo beautiful trees! When I was a teen I went to summer camp near where you are, it’s such pretty countryside.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile you and me both! I am so behind. How are you all doing?

I will try to check back again today before I leave work.

Still grinding. Still running. Still healthy. Still eating nonstop (rotflmao hunger is my only emotion).

Coach said I should do a turkey trot - find an in person one.

Looks Like I Am Going To Irving, TX on the 21st of this month.

I already signed up for it before I realized that is a six hour drive. So I will drive down Friday. Race Saturday. Then home.

See? I am fulfilling the requirements of this growth track, rotfl, what have I done.

#willtraveltorun
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo even other runners don't always acknowledge me here!

@kgirlhart I just noticed that, now that the event has started, when I go to the event in Runkeeper, it gives me the option to "track race now" or "link recent activity". So I'm thinking we need to record it from there, or pick the run we want to count and link it. Runkeeper users, is that how it works?
  • Camaramandy648
    Options
    I am signed up for a 5k leg of the Ekiden challenge, and will do it either tomorrow or Thursday. Maybe tomorrow, wearing something patriotic for Poland's Independence Day. I was originally signed up for a half marathon tomorrow that got canceled, so I wore the buff and ran the distance today instead. I've been feeling quite down the past few days, so actually getting off the couch, running and not yelling at anyone so far today, is quite an accomplishment :D But don't worry, I'll be back to my normal happy self soon. Lots of stress. It will pass.

Big generalization here, but a lot of cyclists come across as a bit snobbish. BUT today, when a cyclist saw me twice, running in two locations that are quite far from one another, I'm guessing he realized I must be some special kind of crazy, and he gave me a smile AND a wave.

November Goal - 100 Miles

exercise.png

@polskagirl01 and @quilteryoyo I realize I'm jumping in late in the conversation but agree. The cyclists come from all over the world here. Just for these trails that are five minutes from my house. I have also found that they can be quite snobbish. I think it's because of what they've invested in what they're doing. A lot of those bikes are thousands of dollars, plus the gear, plus the shoes, plus the travel. So when they yell, "on your left!" I kinda don't blame them for wanting me to move so they can enjoy their ride. I did meet one nice female cyclist asking me about the trails recently.

As well, I am the only trail runner I have ever seen except two males. I have never seen a female in real life, rotfl. Don't even know what one looks like!
  • Camaramandy648
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    Oh no... I'm in trouble.
    There is a Taco Bell being built at the end of my street 🌮 😏

hahahahahaha @Scott6255 Taco Bell is my greatest vice. After every ultra, after the final run in the series, I go get a bean burrito. It's basically like I'm living on the edge. lmao
  • Camaramandy648
    Options
    Congrats to the racers!

As apolitical as I could make it and still tell the story - hopefully good enough

Did speedwork this morning and my husband and I were finishing up when we heard cars going crazy honking in the distance and then a car speeding down the little train access road honking constantly. We were like, what the heck? And people were hanging out of the windows shouting about the election results to everyone they passed. I didn’t realize how completely stressed I was until I suddenly wasn’t. You could hear people all up and down the road start whooping and screaming as the car went by. Based on yard signs I would have guessed that as many people in that neighborhood would be disappointed as happy but it sounded like all the runners and cyclists were happy at least!

Beautiful day, absolutely perfect weather.
    ef4d734o524r.jpeg
    gasn22gjghc0.jpeg

@rheddmobile YES. THIS. SO. MUCH. THIS.

Without getting too political.

When i saw the results on Saturday. I have never felt so free or happy while doing almost 24 miles on all very hilly, technical trails. My head was SO HIGH in the clouds.

Also @quilteryoyo you are such a badass! Congrats on the 1st place!!!!!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Where did you go to summer camp? I do think it is beautiful around here.

@Camaramandy648 Thanks. Glad you are doing well. Keep it up! As for the cyclists, I would be glad they yelled which side they are passing you on. That is just for safety, so you don't move the way they are going. I will do that with other runners sometimes. Hopefully, they don't think I'm being rude. I even did it to people in the nursing home when I'm pushing a wheel chair, so they know which side I am passing them on.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Great job on doing that HM all on your own @polskagirl01!

I was just planning on using my Garmin watch to record the Ekiden challenge, then link it to the Runkeeper race later. I hope that will work, because I usually have my phone in a ziplock bag tucked away in my Flipbelt before I start my run. It would be a real pain in the a** to have to start the run in the app, then stow the phone, then pull it out again right before the end of the run to stop it.

Welcome @RicciDarlene!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    11/1 – 5 miles
    11/2 – 10K Monday
    11/3 – 3 miles with Champ
    11/4 – rest day
    11/5 – 10K
    11/6 – 1.6 miles
    11/7 – 9.25 Cathedral Caverns 15K trail race
    11/8 – 4 miles – with Champ light recovery
    11/9 – 3 miles – more recovery quads are screaming
    11/10 – 5 miles

42 (44.33) of 120 miles

Nice sunrise @Faebert
    @polskagirl01 sorry you are feeling down
    Hi @RicciDarlene

Races:
    48.3 of 250 miles Yuletide Madness
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020 - done
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec – done
    PinkPumpkin 10K – completed 10/30
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November – done
    Bridge Street HM Virtual – 10/24 – 11/7/2020 – virtual done
    Halloween 5K virtual with Fleet Feet – 10/31/2020 - done
    Yuletide Madness Oct 31 – Dec 31 2020
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – running virtual - done
    Cathedral Caverns 15K trail race – in person - done