November 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,972 Member
    Options
    Congrats @Teresa502 ! Sounds like you had a very nice day today.

@April_M_2015 Bahahahaha It actually took me a second to figure out how you knew my real name. I'm slow today. :lol:
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    Thanks at @skippygirlsmom and congratulations on your race! It was really nice of you to drive that girl home. She was probably just quiet because she was worried about losing her keys. If she only has the one set it may be a big expensive hassle to get them replaced.

Thanks also @katharmonic.  I hope it was just a clog and you won't have any more flooding problems. 

Congrats on the AG awards @quilteryoyo and @teresa502.

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart thank you. The little we did talk was about the price of replacing the key fob. I have one that doesn't lock your car and the dealer told me $200 to replace it. I was like nevermind I can put the button before I shut the door.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo - way to go @quilteryoyo and @Teresa502! Winners!

@skippygirlsmom so nice of you to drive her home. I agree she was probably just worried about the situation with the keys and having to get her car, etc. In any case I'm sure she really appreciated your efforts.

Seems to be good news on the laundry room front. Drain opener seems to have done the trick and I'm on my second load without further flooding. Thank goodness, because I already need to have my dishwasher repaired, I wasn't really into the idea of another appliance gone bad.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,442 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the AG awards @quilteryoyo and @teresa502. Y'all rock!

@skippygirlsmom you are so nice to give the girl a ride home!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo and @Teresa502 Good job to both of you!!

@kgirlhart Congrats on a great race, PR, awards!! Fantastic!
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Hey all. No running for the past week, as life happened an awful lot. Only two days until the ASICS Ekiden and MFP team 3 still has 4 slots open... or me and @katharmonic will pick up three segment each LOL. Use this link here with passcode 0103 to join.
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 584 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    double post deleted
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    Hey all. No running for the past week, as life happened an awful lot. Only two days until the ASICS Ekiden and MFP team 3 still has 4 slots open... or me and @katharmonic will pick up three segment each LOL. Use this link here with passcode 0103 to join.

I signed up for a 10k segment!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom That was so nice of you to take the girl home. She was probably just upset about her keys. Also, some people just aren't good at small talk. I don't know how old she is, but my niece and nephew aren't real good at it. They grew up texting, so are brief with all of their responses. They're a little bit better now, but it used to be like pulling teeth to get anything other than yes or no out of them. :lol: I hope she was able to work it out.

@katharmonic Glad the flooding issue was an easy one to fix.

• Scott6255
    Options
    Ugh...64F, 100% humidity, and 13mph wind wasn't very fun. I could see the mist in the air from my headlamp. But I felt my stride length coming back and just tried to keep in the groove.

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    11/1 – 5 miles
    11/2 – 10K Monday
    11/3 – 3 miles with Champ
    11/4 – rest day
    11/5 – 10K
    11/6 – 1.6 miles
    11/7 – 9.25 Cathedral Caverns 15K trail race
    11/8 – 4 miles – with Champ light recovery
    11/9 – 3 miles – more recovery quads are screaming

37 (39.3) of 120 miles

@quilteryoyo I’m probably just so used to Skip, 10 minutes into the drive she would have a complete dossier on the person. She was a very very sweet girl, I felt so bad for her. I’m going to reach out to her today on Strava and find out if she got her car. The worst part was her purse was it.

@Teresa502 sorry your friends bailed on you, glad you got your run in though.

Races:
    43.3 of 250 miles Yuletide Madness
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020 - done
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec – done
    PinkPumpkin 10K – completed 10/30
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November – done
    Bridge Street HM Virtual – 10/24 – 11/7/2020 – virtual done
    Halloween 5K virtual with Fleet Feet – 10/31/2020 - done
    Yuletide Madness Oct 31 – Dec 31 2020
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – running virtual - done
    Cathedral Caverns 15K trail race – in person - done

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Teresa502 Glad you had a nice, safe run this morning. Sorry your friends all baled on you. Also, Bob sent me all of the results from the race and I realized I got your friends name wrong in my post. It is Sharon, not Sarah, right? I am horrible with names, but have discovered that my brain's filing system is alphabetical. I will often remember what letter something starts with and search through the file until I find the correct one, or not. LOL My mom, on the other hand, remembers things based on a timeline and some object she saw or it reminds her of. Often, together, we can figure things out. It's pretty cool to see the differences in our recall system.

@Scott6255 Way to hang in there in those conditions and get it done!

@skippygirlsmom I hope she was able to get her car and purse without too much trouble. I have AAA for just such times as that. I used to lock my keys in the car all the time - back in the day before key fobs.
  • Scott6255
    Options
    @mbaker566 way to get out there! Cool pics, especially the snake :o It looks quite large...I hope you used your zoom and weren't really that close to him :#
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @mbaker566 way to get out there! Cool pics, especially the snake :o It looks quite large...I hope you used your zoom and weren't really that close to him :#

oh he's just a garter snake. he was about 2 ft and i was about 2 ft away
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    04/11 2.36 miles
    05/11 2.67 miles
    07/11 2.36 miles
    09/11 2.69 miles

10.08 of 25 miles