November 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I am signed up for a 5k leg of the Ekiden challenge, and will do it either tomorrow or Thursday. Maybe tomorrow, wearing something patriotic for Poland's Independence Day. I was originally signed up for a half marathon tomorrow that got canceled, so I wore the buff and ran the distance today instead. I've been feeling quite down the past few days, so actually getting off the couch, running and not yelling at anyone so far today, is quite an accomplishment :D But don't worry, I'll be back to my normal happy self soon. Lots of stress. It will pass.

Big generalization here, but a lot of cyclists come across as a bit snobbish. BUT today, when a cyclist saw me twice, running in two locations that are quite far from one another, I'm guessing he realized I must be some special kind of crazy, and he gave me a smile AND a wave.

November Goal - 100 Miles

exercise.png

I often run down a shared path alongside the motorway so, on a Sunday morning particularly, it has loads of cyclists. I have discovered that a single cyclist is friendly, a pair might be depending if they're chatting or not, but a group of cyclists is frankly quite rude. Also, it seems, the faster you're running, the friendlier they are!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    November Goal 63ish miles

11/1 off
    11/2 lazy
    11/3 4.12
    11/4 4.08
    11/5 snorkel 1 hour
    11/6 2.85
    11/7 3.68
    11/8 off
    11/9 off
    11/10 3.57

Total 18.30

exercise.png

Upcoming and current races:

Asics World Ekiden Virtual Relay (5k leg) 11/11/20

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @polskagirl01 I love you!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary Great run. Stinks that you couldn't count it as both legs of the Ekiden.

@eleanorhawkins Big hugs to you. Waiting is so hard! I am surprised it is taking so long to get the test results back. I hope he does well with the treatments. Have you been able to talk to him?

@polskagirl01 Nice 5K time.

@Scott6255 Awesome 10K time! Sorry you didn't make your goal, but you were oh so close. Next time you'll kill it!

Nice run for you too @Teresa502 ! You are all doing great.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Great job @Scott6255 ! So close to your goal, though. You're definitely capable of sub-50. Next time!
    Also congratulations to the others who have completed their legs of the race - @ContraryMaryMary @Teresa502 and anyone I missed.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    11-1 7k treadmill
    11-2 rest + resistance bands
    11-3 7k slow + yoga
    11-4 7k easy + resistance bands
    11-5 7k easy + yoga
    11-6 7k moderate + resistance bands
    11-7 7k moderate + yoga
    11-8 7k moderate
    11-9 rest
    11-10 7k slow + yoga
    11-11 7k easy + resistance bands

November Total: 63k
    November Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k
    September Total: 176k
    October Total: 189k

2020 Total through October: 1773k / 177k per month

Cloudy, drizzly, and upper 50s F with a light southwest wind today. Felt much better.

Congratulations to all the Ekiden runners!!! Keep it up!!!!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles - Completed 10-11
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders -- Completed 9-29

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    27.7/90 miles

11/2: 5 miles
    11/3: 3.1 miles
    11/6: 5 miles
    11/7: 6.5 miles
    11/10: 5.1 miles
    11/11: 3 miles

Posting 2 runs since I didn't get around to it last night. I ran after work and finished my leg of the Ekiden race. Pretty good pace too since it was a speed work day! It was actually pretty warm yesterday and I had to run after work. Super sweaty run! The sun was starting to set on my way out so it was very dark by the time I finished. Gotta remember that daylight savings time.

When I logged my run for Ekiden I realized there was still an unclaimed spot for team #2, so I signed up for it to finish out. I wish I had realized it beforehand because my run today would have been enough for the first leg and my run last night would have been enough for the last leg. Oh, well. My run tomorrow or this Saturday will be plenty.

The run this morning was kind of hard. Speed work followed by another run 13 hrs later. Kept it nice and easy, which was on the plan. Did a good stretch and we'll see how much my legs have left tomorrow.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options
    Good job to everyone getting their Ekiden legs in!!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo et al. thanks :-) I spoke to him a few days ago, he sounded pretty shell-shocked and tired but generally not too bad.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins I'll be doing my leg tomorrow...
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins Glad you got to talk to your dad and he's doing good - sounds like as well as can be expected from all he has been through. Big hugs to you both.