November 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman I had 34F. Cold cold.

But the thing about the things in this life is that they are all temporary. Every. Single. Thing.

Plus. Only notice how cold it is if you stop moving. ;)

In Irving, TX it will be 72 with some clouds (allegedly) so I will have the opportunity to see the sun. Praise Jesus.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    November Goal: 100 Miles

11/1: 11.02 miles
    11/3: 4.35 miles
    11/4: 4.35 miles
    11/7: 13.51 miles
    11/11: 4.51 miles

37.74/100 miles completed for November

1213.76/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement

I'm so glad I took an extra rest day yesterday. My calf felt much better all through the day. So I got out this morning for a slow recovery run. I ran 4.5 miles with a pace that was 2 minutes and 8 seconds slower than my race pace. I needed to go slow though so it was good. My calf felt really good, but I did have a bit of soreness in my left hamstring which surprised me because it hadn't bothered me before. I guess I was so focused on the calf that I didn't really notice it. I guess this was the hardest I have ever run a race because I have never been as sore after a race before.

I am planning to run my leg of the Ekiden challenge next week. Possibly on Sunday.
    I want to make sure that I am fully recovered before I run a 10K and I don't think that will be tomorrow or Friday.  Does anyone know if you have to do just the 10K, or will it still count it if you run further?  Like if I ran 7 miles on Sunday, do I need to stop my Garmin at 6.2 and then log the rest of the run as a separate run? Does that even make sense?
    Great job everyone who has already done their Ekiden legs!

@eleanorhawkins I hope your dad continues to improve and y'all get some answers soon.

Happy Veterans Day @quilteryoyo and any other vets out there!

Good to see you back @angmarie28!

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,959 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @kgirlhart Thank you! I'm glad your calf is feeling better! Hope the hamstring is okay. As for the Ekiden question, @ContraryMaryMary posted this yesterday , so I think your answer is it counts. You don't have to stop unless you want it to count as two segments.
    Ha. I discovered something interesting about the Ekiden - I signed up for two 5km slots, figuring I'd cover that easily in my run today. And I did, I ran 15km, however, as it was one run, it goes against just one of those 5km slots - perhaps I should have stopped and restarted my watch halfway. Oh well, fortunately I'm running again tomorrow!

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    Thanks @quilteryoyo and @ContraryMaryMary. I guess I missed that post.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Ok, I ran my Ekiden leg today on the treadmill in stopwatch mode, but when I try to end the activity on Runkeeper I get this message: "Completing your activity now will save it but your results will not be eligible for Asics World Ekiden 2020"....so I just have it on pause. Any suggestions?
    @martaindale @TheMrWobbly ...I'm trying to do my part for the team!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    Ok, I ran my Ekiden leg today on the treadmill in stopwatch mode, but when I try to end the activity on Runkeeper I get this message: "Completing your activity now will save it but your results will not be eligible for Asics World Ekiden 2020"....so I just have it on pause. Any suggestions?
    @HonuNui - I have no answer for you but I also ran mine and can't get it to synch. I followed the instructions to use my watch and synch it to Runkeeper but it keeps saying no eligible activity is found. I also tried entering it manually but it still doesn't see it. I sent them a support request but have not heard anything. Worst case I will run again on Friday using the Runkeeper app instead of my watch.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hey Team 2 mates! I had an issue too @HonuNui and @shanaber. I used the Runkeeper app for my run and at first it was tracking my run in terms of time and distance, then at some point along the way it was just time updates I was getting - maybe it lost the GPS?

When I finished and went to add the activity to the Ekiden it said it wasn’t eligible and I wondered if that was because it hadn’t confirmed the distance (I’d had to enter that manually from my Garmin). So I went into settings for the app and the Garmin to give permissions and eventually it synched and now it has all my runs since mid October. Still took a while for it to let me track yesterday’s run against the Ekiden but it did eventually.
  • HonuNui
    edited November 2020
    Options
    November Goal 63ish miles

11/1 off
    11/2 lazy
    11/3 4.12
    11/4 4.08
    11/5 snorkel 1 hour
    11/6 2.85
    11/7 3.68
    11/8 off
    11/9 off
    11/10 3.57
    11/11 3.39

Total 21.69
    @shanaber @Faebert : I'm only using the app, not trying to sync with Garmin or watch.....Guess I'll try again later this week with a GPS run instead of treadmill and see if it takes....

exercise.png

Upcoming and current races:

Asics World Ekiden Virtual Relay (5k leg) 11/11/20 : did it...but Runkeeper won't record it!

• polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Regarding Ekiden, I ran at almost the same time as @Scott6255 yesterday. There was a delay in my run linking to the race (it showed as "you completed a virtual race" on my feed, but it didn't show up on our group race screen for about 30 minutes). Now it shows my leg as "completed" in the app, BUT a day later and it still isn't showing up on the results webpage. Seems like they have issues.

I hope everyone can get their activity to count! I would be so frustrated if I worked so hard and then the technology wouldn't recognize it.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    11/3 – 5.03 miles
    11/4 – 4.08 miles
    11/5 – 4.06 miles
    11/7 – 6.25 miles
    11/8 – 4.60 miles
    11/9 – 5.07 miles
    11/11 – 6.22 miles
    11/12 – 5.08 miles

40.39 of 120 miles

Poured rain all night but magically stopped for my run at 5:00 a.m. Temp was about 10 degrees cooler than yesterday at 53F and 91% humidity.

Way to go to all the Ekiden runners!

@kgirlhart – The Ekiden challenge actually encourages you to run an extra minute so that the GPS will be sure to give you enough mileage credit.

Sorry your having some hip/glute issues @shanaber. Hope your 100% soon.

@HonuNui – I used Runkeeper also and it didn’t immediately match my run to the Ekiden challenge. I had to go to the page in Runkeeper where it shows all my teammates and beside my name I had to press a button – I don’t remember exactly what it was called – something like “link run”????
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @HonuNui - I have no answer for you but I also ran mine and can't get it to synch. I followed the instructions to use my watch and synch it to Runkeeper but it keeps saying no eligible activity is found. I also tried entering it manually but it still doesn't see it. I sent them a support request but have not heard anything. Worst case I will run again on Friday using the Runkeeper app instead of my watch.

I set up my garmin this morning to runkeeper but now thinking maybe I need to fuss with the app? I was planning to take doggo with me on the trail so I'd rather not have an extra thing to do lol (sorry team, trails & doggo means I'm slowing you all down 🤣)
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    11-1 7k treadmill
    11-2 rest + resistance bands
    11-3 7k slow + yoga
    11-4 7k easy + resistance bands
    11-5 7k easy + yoga
    11-6 7k moderate + resistance bands
    11-7 7k moderate + yoga
    11-8 7k moderate
    11-9 rest
    11-10 7k slow + yoga
    11-11 7k easy + resistance bands
    11-12 7k easy + yoga

November Total: 70k
    November Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k
    June Total: 156k
    July Total: 180k
    August Total: 172k
    September Total: 176k
    October Total: 189k

2020 Total through October: 1773k / 177k per month

Sunny, low 40s F with the wind from the north today. For some bizarre reason, it felt like an early spring run when I started out. After the finish, heard snow geese flying, so winter can't be far behind them.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles - Completed 10-11
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020
    Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders -- Completed 9-29

2020 races:

9-8 to 9-13 "Virtual Boston with Vincent" Time goal 5:15:00; actual time 4:47:01
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,058 Member
    Options

Sorry, I'm not sure about this one. I never tried to track through the app. I used my watch and synced my Garmin connect app. It worked fine for me but it did take a minute for the first race to actually register. The second leg synced pretty quickly. Sorry you're having issues. Seems like others are running into probs too.
  • HonuNui
    Options
    @teresa502 thanks for that tip-went to that page, and now the leg shows as completed......I didn't have to do anything. Clearly, Runkeeper has not worked out all the bugs on this challenge!