November 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• April_M_2015
    April_M_2015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kimbeers wrote: »
    Starting couch to 5k today!

Goal is 18 miles this month and just hoping to be consistent.

11/4: 1.6 miles

exercise.png

Good luck Kimbeers!! I too started from the couch on Sunday. I ran Mon-Wed and it was hard. But it felt good! Today is break day for me.
  • April_M_2015
    April_M_2015 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @martaindale - thank you!

@quilteryoyo - good for you. All the best with that appointmtnt and you're right not to push yourself. No need for an injury.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    11/1 – 5 miles
    11/2 – 10K Monday
    11/3 – 3 miles with Champ
    11/4 – rest day
    11/5 – 10K

20 (21.25) of 120 miles

Hey @brittanystebbins95 welcome back to running.
    @katharmonic yay for in person races – happy birthday
    @Kimbeers great start on C25K
    @quilteryoyo I figure if I’m chilly when I leave the house I’m good for the cold, if I’m warm or comfortable I get too hot. It’s a science that I can’t figure out ha ha today was 45 I wore shorts, a light long sleeve tech shirt and gloves, gloves came off at mile 2 and I was fine.
    @polskagirl01 I had a goldendoodle want to run with me today, she was a pup and all excited to join. I had a vague idea what house she lived it and finally mom came out to see where she was…ah like ¼ mile up the street with me. Pretty pictures
    @hamsterwheel6 lots of folks out of sorts with the election

Races:
    322 of 335 miles Pinhoti Trail Challenge done
    25 of 250 miles Yuletide Madness
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020 - done
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec – 297 miles done
    PinkPumpkin 10K – completed 10/30
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November – done
    Bridge Street HM Virtual – 10/24 – 11/7/2020 – virtual done
    Halloween 5K virtual with Fleet Feet – 10/31/2020 - done
    Yuletide Madness Oct 31 – Dec 31 2020
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – running virtual - done
    Cathedral Caverns 15K trail race – in person
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    Nice run @katharmonic ! Love the running with heart quote.

@Scott6255 I'm glad you are NOT sick and hope you feel better!

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Ha ha @quilteryoyo I was going to say the same thing to @Scott6255 glad he's not sick :)
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Double posting because I was just thinking as I wrote the above post about preparing for my upcoming 5k race. And how much 5k races are a huge mental challenge for me, I get so freaked out that I can't hold the pace and I want to give up. Then I go over to facebook and saw this - so true. Just go out and run.

ws0q3tpn89o5.png

I love this! Belated birthday wishes @katharmonic! And all the best for the 5K. Run it from your heart x
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Big news on my front is that the surgery got postponed due to the increase in CoVID patients. They won't reschedule until the numbers go down. Glad you are doing good. I was asking about you a couple of days ago and someone said you were posting on Instagram and were out there running crazy amounts of miles.

Welcome @April_M_2015 . You'll love this group. Very supportive and friendly and inspiring and.....

@quilteryoyo oh nooooo !!!!!!! I'm so sorry! I would guess that the postponing would be an additional stress. Dangit. I want you to be full and have peace and no anxiety! I will be praying for this!

haha yep, IG and crazy miles. Not a lot of rest for this momma. I mean I do sleep. But every morning at 4am running then, on certain days I am running doubles, and then on other days, like today, I run very early, work, care for kids, then lift.

between all of that, the house still has to get cleaned and groceries bought, etc. I'm managing it, though! The teenager started OT back on Tuesday. I think it's good but the way covid cases are going, i don't think she'll be able to stay in long. She's very happy when we have all three therapies going - thriving. She really needs this too, because it teaches functionality for adult-life. But also we can't be in situations where everybody is at risk. They are taking so many precautions but I still think they will shut down again.

Anyway, @quilteryoyo I am thinking of you!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @Camaramandy648 3rd in AG without even trying....gotta love it!
    @katharmonic beautiful pics, but looks really cold. I'm a wimp.

@Scott6255 man, that was a tough day, though! Halloween was a lot of fun - I thought I was tired that day, but Sunday is when I knew I was REALLY tired. Ran ten that day then lifted then more movies. Lord. I needed sleep so bad.

@rheddmobile I LOVE the photos. I am excited about my long run this weekend because the weather will be nice and it's 22 miles of exploration and wildin'. lol. I can't wait.

@martaindale @hamsterwheel6 and everybody else that congratulated me - THANK YOU!

I am almost 100 posts behind and can't read them all right now :(

I miss you all. I miss reading about your lives. And also at this very second I am thinking of one of @Avidkeo 's cakes. I would do a lot of things for a piece of cake right now. I think I have a reese's somewhere, haha.

And @Tramboman YES! ALWAYS half FULL. NEVER half empty. I feel that on such a deep, personal level lately. I'm always half full. I am a cup. I've become a cup. what the heck.

I had a dream about my mom last night. She was listening to me pour my heart out to her. She let me say everything. She was all grace and power and integrity and class. I was raw, tenacious, relentless, and raging at everything. Grief. Social and racial injustice. Brokenness.

She stared at me a long time like she was staring into my soul (you know how moms can do that) and then said, "Mandy. Did you think it would be easy?"

I woke up before the 4am alarm and went. I had everything I needed in that moment. It was a good run. A lot of fun, too! My fastest pace was 3:31/ mi. but of course, that pace doesn't last long. It was just cool to see the measurement for a couple minutes. I shouldn't have slowed down or stopped! The past two days have been really nice running weather. Shorts and tanks, shorts and sleeves.

@rheddmobile I run with a cap every morning now. It's easier to avoid the traffic lights plus I look like I just rolled out of bed (because I did) and nobody needs to see that mess, lmao.

anyway. Cannot say enough. I miss you all so much.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Thanks @Camaramandy648 ! You are doing so much! I don't know how you do it all.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,440 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone <3 I'm feeling better today!
    @marisap2010 sorry about your disappointing news. I'll bet (hope) your run last night made you feel a little better. I know it always makes me feel better after a run.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better @Scott6255 !

Sorry about your disappointing news @marisap2010 . Hang in there.