GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,220 Member
    Options
    dsc84 wrote: Β»

Hope you feel better man. I’d be interested in knowing what caused that injury.

I wish I knew. All I know is I woke up out of a deep sleep in some discomfort. It escalated to being bad enough I couldn't sleep. Figured I did something to my back because it just radiated around my whole body. So I went to the Chiro ASAP to see if that would sort it out. Nothing was wrong with the back so some x-ray's later and an adjustment that felt like being hit in the chest by a sledgehammer it all just went away. Stood up feeling 100% (other than feeling like I was hit with the sledgehammer.)

My only guess is I was rough housing with the kids the night before which may have caused it or falling asleep while watching TV the night it happened. I didn't even go to the gym. I wish I knew so I could avoid it. All I know is I can get back to it tomorrow and I can't wait!

So was the injury in the chest area?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,112 Member
    Options
    Great work, S! Keep pushing πŸ‘

Thank you so much!!
    Your height combined with that depth amaze me πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» And I agree excellent bench form πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

Awww thank you! Tall and long limbed does not work as efficiently for heavy lifting. Lol.

I'll never break any class records, but I still love feeling stronger that I was! I hope to have quads as impressive as yours one day! 😊❀️

Well done ...See I told you ...you were a bada$$ ...I am so inspired by you :)<3
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    Always impressed. Especially that bench arch. Keep putting in the work!

Thanks so much! I will do my best! So glad you're a part of this thread, I appreciate you!

Nice lifts and camera skills 😏

Haha thanks C. Felt like the same old angle was getting kind of boring, so I'd switch it up!

BTW... Don't you think it's time for another round of gifs, hmmm? 😁

I’ve switched from a volume routine to a strength routine but the lifts are basically the same. I’m enjoying the heavier lifts though.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    7gecm83t61ub.jpg
    This is what I lifted yesterday. So far from where I was before...

This looks like decent strength to me.
  • dsc84
    dsc84 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    7gecm83t61ub.jpg
    This is what I lifted yesterday. So far from where I was before...

Still fabulous, and you'll be back where you left off, quickly!

What she said. Put in the work and you’ll be rewarded. You got thisπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ
  • dsc84
    Options

I wish I knew. All I know is I woke up out of a deep sleep in some discomfort. It escalated to being bad enough I couldn't sleep. Figured I did something to my back because it just radiated around my whole body. So I went to the Chiro ASAP to see if that would sort it out. Nothing was wrong with the back so some x-ray's later and an adjustment that felt like being hit in the chest by a sledgehammer it all just went away. Stood up feeling 100% (other than feeling like I was hit with the sledgehammer.)

My only guess is I was rough housing with the kids the night before which may have caused it or falling asleep while watching TV the night it happened. I didn't even go to the gym. I wish I knew so I could avoid it. All I know is I can get back to it tomorrow and I can't wait!

Yeah. The adjustment was right side lower rib close to the sternum. The more I think about it maybe I did it when I was doing pendlay rows. Might have pulled something lighter and bounced it off chest and didn’t notice and it took a couple days of movement that made it worse/noticeable.

I’m not a huge fan of chiropractors as I haven’t had great luck with some of them but my wife swears by this one and I’ve seen them a couple of times. I’m not full blown believer but whatever she did helped significantly.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Yeah. The adjustment was right side lower rib close to the sternum. The more I think about it maybe I did it when I was doing pendlay rows. Might have pulled something lighter and bounced it off chest and didn’t notice and it took a couple days of movement that made it worse/noticeable.

I’m not a huge fan of chiropractors as I haven’t had great luck with some of them but my wife swears by this one and I’ve seen them a couple of times. I’m not full blown believer but whatever she did helped significantly.

Sounds like a sufficient reason to start believing

I’ve seen some guys get similar injuries during combatives.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,649 Member
    Options

Thank you so much!!
    Your height combined with that depth amaze me πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» And I agree excellent bench form πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

Awww thank you! Tall and long limbed does not work as efficiently for heavy lifting. Lol.

I'll never break any class records, but I still love feeling stronger that I was! I hope to have quads as impressive as yours one day! 😊❀️

I can imagine πŸ˜‚ at least you never have to do this πŸ‘‡πŸ» I literally have to climb and modify gym equipment daily πŸ™„ we’re completely opposite 🀣
    giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867cde1bbdb0e897257039cb279ef84e9bbbe669bb&rid=giphy.gif

I had started a response and I get got distracted before I saved.

LOL yes we have height related issues but on opposite ends for sure. For example... I can't do standing ohp in my house because none of my ceilings are high enough. Haha.

I also cannot find anything tall enough to allow me to do a full hang chinup. I hung a bar outside and even that is too low. (plus I will NOT go out when it's cooler than sweater weather lol)

And for the record... Your back is gorgeous!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    This was a heavy 330lbs. I currently weight 155. Depth felt good.

If you're adding a gif, it appears that it'll only work through the web browser version.

Awesome weight to bodyweight ratio! Hope to see it soon! 😁
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Thank you so much!!

I can imagine πŸ˜‚ at least you never have to do this πŸ‘‡πŸ» I literally have to climb and modify gym equipment daily πŸ™„ we’re completely opposite 🀣
    giphy.gif?cid=5e2148867cde1bbdb0e897257039cb279ef84e9bbbe669bb&rid=giphy.gif

I had started a response and I get got distracted before I saved.

LOL yes we have height related issues but on opposite ends for sure. For example... I can't do standing ohp in my house because none of my ceilings are high enough. Haha.

I also cannot find anything tall enough to allow me to do a full hang chinup. I hung a bar outside and even that is too low. (plus I will NOT go out when it's cooler than sweater weather lol)

And for the record... Your back is gorgeous!

Thank you!!! It’s funny bc I have never even considered those things could be issues πŸ˜‚
  • LGreenfield7
    LGreenfield7 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

If you're adding a gif, it appears that it'll only work through the web browser version.

I cant get it to work, Do you have any tips on how to get Gifs or Videos from IPhone to work?
  • jennacole12
    Options

I cant get it to work, Do you have any tips on how to get Gifs or Videos from IPhone to work?

Yes!!! It took me time and some help from @kinetixtrainer2 πŸ˜‚. Use GIPHY to turn your video to a gif, click upload to GIPHY, then select the gif, then the little paper airplane below the gif, select copy gif link. Then when you post it on here add [ img ] and [ /img ] (without the spaces between the brackets) on the left and right side of the url.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    @jennacole12

You. Are. A. Beast!

When I grow up, I wanna be like you! 😁
    I just did the math... I'd have to be able to squat 287x5...

Yep, I'm never growing up! πŸ˜‚

Seriously... You are so amazing!
  • dsc84
    Options
    In order to write down step by step instructions I had to make one 🀣 so here you go... 195 x 5, I’m 122 my overall squat PR thus far is 210, hoping to get 220 in the next few months.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886127b4cca02f89e296ec25f376883458d5acacad9&rid=giphy.gif

Not going to lie you have some insane strength. I can hold my own in the gym, but I'm seriously jealous! Keep it up you're doing AMAZING things!

Sidenote: Do you like the knee wraps? I've been debating buying some but always get mixed feelings.

Anyway keep it up!
  • jennacole12
    Options
    @jennacole12

You. Are. A. Beast!

When I grow up, I wanna be like you! 😁
    I just did the math... I'd have to be able to squat 287x5...

Yep, I'm never growing up! πŸ˜‚

Seriously... You are so amazing!

Ahh thank you ☺️ I actually was in body building prep when quarantine started and my comp got canceled. I was so sad I switched over to power lifting and now I’m hooked πŸ˜‚

Have you tried knee sleeves! I bet it would boost your numbers a bit!
  • jennacole12
    Options
    In order to write down step by step instructions I had to make one 🀣 so here you go... 195 x 5, I’m 122 my overall squat PR thus far is 210, hoping to get 220 in the next few months.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886127b4cca02f89e296ec25f376883458d5acacad9&rid=giphy.gif

Not going to lie you have some insane strength. I can hold my own in the gym, but I'm seriously jealous! Keep it up you're doing AMAZING things!

Sidenote: Do you like the knee wraps? I've been debating buying some but always get mixed feelings.

Anyway keep it up!

Thank you!!! I freaking love them! But only for a PR and I will warn you idk how one would wrap them themself, my coach has to do it bc it requires a lot of strength... idk if it would be as effective if I attempted them on my own. For my own PR attempts without him I 1. Never go as high 2. always use my belt and compression knee sleeves.
  • jennacole12
    Options

Yes!!! It took me time and some help from @kinetixtrainer2 πŸ˜‚. Use GIPHY to turn your video to a gif, click upload to GIPHY, then select the gif, then the little paper airplane below the gif, select copy gif link. Then when you post it on here add [ img ] and [ /img ] (without the spaces between the brackets) on the left and right side of the url.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886382955b10564de6fc3420a2d78e6b78f735149fa&rid=giphy.gif

I hope this works!!!! 🀞

It did!!!! And damn πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Good job!!!! So brave without any spot 🀣