GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    After Tuesdays crap session... I needed this.

Decided to drop squat weight to 180 (bodyweight). Plan is to build up to 200 for my last sesh at the end of Feb. Anyways... Did 180x8 on my 5th set. (roughly the same 1rm calc as 195 would be).
    cs7eir7pzl0f.gif

And.. My bench goal has been 5x5x 100 FOR EVER. Tonight I did 5x5x95 and it felt great... So my last set I did 6.

I am going to try for 100 next session!
    eegabulz6p92.gif

Yessss your posts always make me wanna lift!!! Good job πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,559 Member
    Options

Decided to drop squat weight to 180 (bodyweight). Plan is to build up to 200 for my last sesh at the end of Feb. Anyways... Did 180x8 on my 5th set. (roughly the same 1rm calc as 195 would be).
    cs7eir7pzl0f.gif

And.. My bench goal has been 5x5x 100 FOR EVER. Tonight I did 5x5x95 and it felt great... So my last set I did 6.

eegabulz6p92.gif

Yessss your posts always make me wanna lift!!! Good job πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

I feel the same about yours!
    Badassery is contagious!
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

cs7eir7pzl0f.gif

eegabulz6p92.gif

Ermahgerd ur berk is erched :trollface:
    9can650koue8.jpg
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,125 Member
    Options
    Quick question...I lift...(mfp does not let me post as of right now 😀) but do you feel steps/cardio matter??? Asking for a friend..."she" zooms all day and steps have been cut dramatically...im..."she" is freaked out by the lack of movement throughout the day

Check out Madfit on YouTube. It may be the fix you’re looking for. If you do let me know what you think.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,125 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options

cs7eir7pzl0f.gif

eegabulz6p92.gif

I’m loving the camo shorts!

Edit: and great job on the lifts!
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Quick question...I lift...(mfp does not let me post as of right now 😀) but do you feel steps/cardio matter??? Asking for a friend..."she" zooms all day and steps have been cut dramatically...im..."she" is freaked out by the lack of movement throughout the day

It only matters if its your goal for it to matter. Step counts are largely overated in terms of fitness outside of beginner stage. Step counters track movement not just steps so step counts can be manipulated. Its very possible for someone with 3000 steps to burn a ton more calories than someone with 10,000 steps. If you are lifting, even if it doesnt load you up on steps, look at heart rate, you will see, its all good. And if you still want more active minutes, take walks before your day starts and after.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

I think you already got all the answers you were looking for. I will just add, I don't do any additional cardio. I probably average 6-8k steps a day at work.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    @kinetixtrainer2
    Thanks for the inclusion Brother πŸ™ŒπŸΌ

Shoulder day... My favorite day
    Yeah I could go deeper πŸ˜‚... But I did work like 40hrs in the last 3 days... I'm a little tired 😏

ps5apr5wwqu0.gif

Man I’m jelly if all you cats home gyms - sheesh
  • jennacole12
    Options
    @kinetixtrainer2

Yeah I could go deeper πŸ˜‚... But I did work like 40hrs in the last 3 days... I'm a little tired 😏

ps5apr5wwqu0.gif

Awesome πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I love shoulders too! What is on the middle of the bar? Is that one of those hip things? It’s actually pretty smart specifically for when I do my clean and presses bc I’ve clipped my chin a few times.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    @kinetixtrainer2

ps5apr5wwqu0.gif

Awesome πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» I love shoulders too! What is on the middle of the bar? Is that one of those hip things? It’s actually pretty smart specifically for when I do my clean and presses bc I’ve clipped my chin a few times.

You like it?

That's my squat pad 😁...
    It totally matches my purse πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    @kinetixtrainer2

ps5apr5wwqu0.gif

Man I’m jelly if all you cats home gyms - sheesh

Thanks Bro... It's literally been a lifesaver πŸ‘πŸΌ
  • jennacole12
    edited February 2021
    Options
    @kinetixtrainer2

ps5apr5wwqu0.gif

You like it?

That's my squat pad 😁...

Well I do kind of like it πŸ˜‚ better than my bloody chins or bruised hips from thrusting..... that sounds so bad πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    @kinetixtrainer2

ps5apr5wwqu0.gif

You like it?

That's my squat pad 😁...

Well I do kind of like it πŸ˜‚ better than my bloody chins or bruised hips from thrusting..... that sounds so bad πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜

It actually did save me once when I failed on an inclined bench press and brought the bar down on my face πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚...
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    @kinetixtrainer2

ps5apr5wwqu0.gif

You like it?

That's my squat pad 😁...

I ended up buying an insulated pipe foam as cover for my bar (back in the days when I did hip thrusts) because I was tired of all the bruises... They're a bit thinner and still help.

Might still save C's jaw.

And @mr_healthy_habits...i legit LOLd at the purse comment. So great to see you in here!
  • jennacole12
    Options
    @kinetixtrainer2

ps5apr5wwqu0.gif

You like it?

That's my squat pad 😁...

It actually did save me once when I failed on an inclined bench press and brought the bar down on my face πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚...

Omg 😳 yep would have come in handy today for me 🀣🀣
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76 I attempted solo benching today and got trapped under the bar. I blame you for making it look so easy 🀣🀣 For real though do I get a trophy for my first ever solo bench fail πŸ€”

I did hit 5 sets of 5x80 though, without my wraps or belt. so I’m proud regardless 🀣

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148864f9341ab2fde5ef0247000a0fb6d713f1f13db85&rid=giphy.gif

Oh no! You need supports Jenna!
    I bought cheap metal sawhorses from the home hardware store and cut the legs to fit the right height (back before I had my cage).

Runs off to check the fail thread.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    MDC2957 wrote: Β»
    I cut the weight way back and used a 3-1-3-1 tempo and could really feel these lighter dumbbells :-)

121uj5i7483n.gif

Slow and controlled gives a crazy burn at much lighter weights. Great work!