GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• runinthesun7
    runinthesun7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @KickassAmazon76 I attempted solo benching today and got trapped under the bar. I blame you for making it look so easy 🤣🤣 For real though do I get a trophy for my first ever solo bench fail 🤔

I did hit 5 sets of 5x80 though, without my wraps or belt. so I’m proud regardless 🤣

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148864f9341ab2fde5ef0247000a0fb6d713f1f13db85&rid=giphy.gif
    MDC2957 wrote: »
    I cut the weight way back and used a 3-1-3-1 tempo and could really feel these lighter dumbbells :-)

121uj5i7483n.gif
    @kinetixtrainer2
    Thanks for the inclusion Brother 🙌🏼

Shoulder day... My favorite day
    Yeah I could go deeper 😂... But I did work like 40hrs in the last 3 days... I'm a little tired 😏

ps5apr5wwqu0.gif

Great work all of you! 👏
  • runinthesun7
    Options
    iimo13ygmy5h.gif
    zmdrof2par23.gif

Impressive as always! Still waiting on you to add that 5th step. Don't hurt yourself 😋.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,157 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    iimo13ygmy5h.gif
    zmdrof2par23.gif

Impressive as always! Still waiting on you to add that 5th step. Don't hurt yourself 😋.

Thank you! Getting that 5th step is gonna happen. I think I could do it now if I done this exercise first. There’s a method to the madness though but it will come. No promises on hurting myself though, that may happen 😝
  • runinthesun7
    Options
    iimo13ygmy5h.gif
    zmdrof2par23.gif

Thank you! Getting that 5th step is gonna happen. I think I could do it now if I done this exercise first. There’s a method to the madness though but it will come. No promises on hurting myself though, that may happen 😝

Well at least put it in the failure thread so we can laugh 🤭.. kidding..sorta 😏😜
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    iimo13ygmy5h.gif
    zmdrof2par23.gif

Well at least put it in the failure thread so we can laugh 🤭.. kidding..sorta 😏😜

I absolutely would. 😎
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Also... 5@240lb PR. 😁

Yes, I know I slightly rounded in the 4th rep. So I reset for 5th.

sbdmtvpdkem4.gif
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    So... Here's a link.. Because of what went down in the other thread, I want real time feedback.

Squats. Last set (of 5). First 4 were 5reps. Last one was 185x9. (really trying to build up to 5x5@200)

Am I dropping too fast? I don't feel like I am. I feel like I'm in control.

Really open to feedback from the ones I trust.
    https://youtu.be/zDO3xwTH1WM

I do not think you’re dropping too fast. You are not getting sloppy with it. I am by far not an expert on squats. The general tempo I try to keep is a 2 count on the negative.

Be proud of yourself. You kick *kitten*.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    So... Here's a link.. Because of what went down in the other thread, I want real time feedback.

Squats. Last set (of 5). First 4 were 5reps. Last one was 185x9. (really trying to build up to 5x5@200)

No it’s perfect! And the bar isn’t unstable on your back either. Tbh my coach wishes I would move like this, I’m constantly getting critiques for “hanging in the hole too long.” You are descending with proper force and that’s why your rebound is so smooth 👌🏻

The only critique I’d give, and it’s actually not critique bc I’m jealous, is you do go beyond what’s needed for depth. You could def pass a lift with slightly less, but it’ll improve strength when not hitting new numbers.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

No it’s perfect! And the bar isn’t unstable on your back either. Tbh my coach wishes I would move like this, I’m constantly getting critiques for “hanging in the hole too long.” You are descending with proper force and that’s why your rebound is so smooth 👌🏻

The only critique I’d give, and it’s actually not critique bc I’m jealous, is you do go beyond what’s needed for depth. You could def pass a lift with slightly less, but it’ll improve strength when not hitting new numbers.

Haha my coach always told me that too. That I didn't need to go so deep. But I was always scared that if I was competing I'd miss it by a hair... And that would suck soooo bad.

Not that I'm competing anytime soon... But if I keep gaining on my lifts, maybe I will compete again.

And thank you! I kind of needed reassurance.❤️

Thank you also, @kinetixtrainer2. 😊

I appreciate you both!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Haha my coach always told me that too. That I didn't need to go so deep. But I was always scared that if I was competing I'd miss it by a hair... And that would suck soooo bad.

Not that I'm competing anytime soon... But if I keep gaining on my lifts, maybe I will compete again.

I appreciate you both!

I also relate, like usual I’m on the opposite end of that and I’m always a hair too high with depth (like the gif below). It’s something I’ve been working on for years, when I started It was awful, I didn’t even really squat, I could only sort of push my *kitten* back 😂😂😂. It took a lot of frustration, yoga and PT even to make any progress. Someone once told me I’d never squat bc of my extreme mobility issues. I’m just stubborn and have been stretching nightly since 🤣. Most frustrating was everyone would be like no just get lower, not understanding I physically couldn’t 🙄. I think that’s why I hang in the hole too long, I try to make sure I feel that uncomfortable sort of unhinge in my hips. I’d much rather go deeper than needed than too high. I video every squat just to check depth and repeat until I’m satisfied.

Also, you should compete again!! Pick a date and go for it!! I love having the target date to work towards, it always pushes me, also stresses me out but that’s a whole other thread 😂.

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886b17252c31e39ee2fb8e2eb9a44d8d052bdcd2201&rid=giphy.gif

How much lower do you feel you need to go here? It looks good to me.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

I appreciate you both!

I also relate, like usual I’m on the opposite end of that and I’m always a hair too high with depth (like the gif below). It’s something I’ve been working on for years, when I started It was awful, I didn’t even really squat, I could only sort of push my *kitten* back 😂😂😂. It took a lot of frustration, yoga and PT even to make any progress. Someone once told me I’d never squat bc of my extreme mobility issues. I’m just stubborn and have been stretching nightly since 🤣. Most frustrating was everyone would be like no just get lower, not understanding I physically couldn’t 🙄. I think that’s why I hang in the hole too long, I try to make sure I feel that uncomfortable sort of unhinge in my hips. I’d much rather go deeper than needed than too high. I video every squat just to check depth and repeat until I’m satisfied.

Also, you should compete again!! Pick a date and go for it!! I love having the target date to work towards, it always pushes me, also stresses me out but that’s a whole other thread 😂.

It could be the angle... But is she were in a powerlifting meet, the side judge may say she didn't hit parallel. It'd be REALLY close, almost too close to call... But in that case it sucks so bad to hit a PR and not get those white lights because of one degree.

My coach had me set up a massive medicine ball on top of a bunch of plates where parallel would be, and then I had to squat til my butt touched it. That was the best way I learned how parallel felt... But now I just go as low as my body lets me. 😁
  • jennacole12
    Options

I appreciate you both!

Yea my coach would have passed it, I just think it’s so close that a judge could technically red light it. And I feel like if it’s a clear miss you’d understand the fail but this close would infuriate me.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

I appreciate you both!

It could be the angle... But is she were in a powerlifting meet, the side judge may say she didn't hit parallel. It'd be REALLY close, almost too close to call... But in that case it sucks so bad to hit a PR and not get those white lights because of one degree.

My coach had me set up a massive medicine ball on top of a bunch of plates where parallel would be, and then I had to squat til my butt touched it. That was the best way I learned how parallel felt... But now I just go as low as my body lets me. 😁

I appreciate you both!

Yea my coach would have passed it, I just think it’s so close that a judge could technically red light it. And I feel like if it’s a clear miss you’d understand the fail but this close would infuriate me.

I appreciate the insight.
  • jennacole12
    Options

I appreciate you both!

I appreciate you both!

I love having real lift discussions with give and take from people who genuinely want to improve, learn or just be their best. It seems to be a rarity in my real life circles so I appreciate you all so much 🖤
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options

I appreciate you both!

I appreciate you both!

I love having real lift discussions with give and take from people who genuinely want to improve, learn or just be their best. It seems to be a rarity in my real life circles so I appreciate you all so much 🖤

Oh yeah, it really is nice to have a circle of friends who DON'T roll their eyes and glaze over when you start talking lifting stuff AGAIN. 😁🤪
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

I appreciate you both!

I appreciate you both!

I appreciate you both!

I appreciate you both!

Oh yeah, it really is nice to have a circle of friends who DON'T roll their eyes and glaze over when you start talking lifting stuff AGAIN. 😁🤪

Shhh, we may get kicked out of Chit-Chat 😁

• KickassAmazon76
    Options

I appreciate you both!

I appreciate you both!

I appreciate you both!

I appreciate you both!

Shhh, we may get kicked out of Chit-Chat 😁

Quick... Add a word, remove a word... Lol
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Free form no agenda leg day.

yk5mp0iwhsw8.gif