GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Replies

• tc1333
    tc1333 Posts: 4,033 Member
    As promised. 165lbs - 5 sets of 5 reps. This was the last set.

Complete with silly happy dance for @ythannah haha

jq3lw423vq4j.gif

Thats great! I love it!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,086 Member

jq3lw423vq4j.gif
    Also got 220lbs in deads (one set of 5). I need to repeat this one because it felt heavy and it felt like my form was slipping. Not as bad as the first time I did 220x5, but still.

pndgt3l50qv0.gif

Great lifts!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    tc1333 wrote: »

jq3lw423vq4j.gif

Thats great! I love it!

Great work!!! And I love the dance!
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,541 Member
    edited January 2021
    Thats great! I love it!
    Thank you! 😊
    Great lifts!
    Thanks! Your turn!

ythannah wrote: »
    Great work!!! And I love the dance!
    Yay! I am glad you liked it haha. Imagine it set to the chorus of "I like it heavy" by Halestorm.

It's my heavy lift song. 😊
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,086 Member
    It wasn't pretty, but I got my 5x5x170lb squat!

tzc0c1ef3g2m.gif

Awesome job!!! 💪🏼
  • KickassAmazon76
    3y2s3b7k3b25.gif

I know-Poor form and on a smith but tasting 300 felt good anyway

Yay it's so nice to see someone new contributing!

I don't know a lot about form with a smith machine, but good on you for pushing 300! Anytime you push a pr, you see a bit of shaky form.

I look forward to when you post the same lift like it's a knife through butter!
  • Revolu7
    Revolu7 Posts: 1,013 Member

tzc0c1ef3g2m.gif

You really do squat amazing. Ok, that sounds weird....but i hope you know what i mean lol
  • KickassAmazon76
    Revolu7 wrote: »

tzc0c1ef3g2m.gif

You really do squat amazing. Ok, that sounds weird....but i hope you know what i mean lol

Haha thank you! That means so much to me because I have spent so much time watching and checking form over the years. I've always worried about having good form that when it's recognized, it's an awesome gift!

And since that was my last set of the 5,where my form felt weaker, it means even more!

On a side note... I love how big my quads look coming out of the hole. Haha.
  • tc1333
    tc1333 Posts: 4,033 Member
    Your quads are amazing!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Your quads are amazing!

😊 Thank you!
  • KickassAmazon76
    In case anyone wonders... I do try to bench. Lol. I am only at 85lb (5x5) because I kind of have to baby my shoulder. It's always been my most disappointing LIFT (well that and OHP), but the past few sessions I am starting to feel like maybe I've found the right form I need. (The squeezing of the shoulder blades and tensioning the bar is really helping)

As always.. I am open to form correction.
    ybljk6juqg5e.gif
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    In case anyone wonders... I do try to bench. Lol. I am only at 85lb (5x5) because I kind of have to baby my shoulder. It's always been my most disappointing LIFT (well that and OHP), but the past few sessions I am starting to feel like maybe I've found the right form I need. (The squeezing of the shoulder blades and tensioning the bar is really helping)

ybljk6juqg5e.gif

Not a correction but a tip from my physiotherapist to protect the shoulder (although that may be specific to the subluxation in my case) is not to drop the elbows lower than the shoulders. In the end I had to give up BP entirely. I'll just live vicariously through you.
  • KickassAmazon76
    ythannah wrote: »

ybljk6juqg5e.gif

Not a correction but a tip from my physiotherapist to protect the shoulder (although that may be specific to the subluxation in my case) is not to drop the elbows lower than the shoulders. In the end I had to give up BP entirely. I'll just live vicariously through you.

Unfortunately, if I did that, I'd never get the bar even close to my chest. I think I want to take my chances for now. 😊
  • JACKRABBITnotsoSLIMS
    JACKRABBITnotsoSLIMS Posts: 93 Member
    edited January 2021
    3y2s3b7k3b25.gif

I don't know a lot about form with a smith machine, but good on you for pushing 300! Anytime you push a pr, you see a bit of shaky form.

KickAA- Almost every thread I look at you have posts complementing or encouraging others. From what I see your pretty amazing too and I’m sure your words are appreciated by so many. Your a beast under the bar and an absolute beauty. Have a great night-
  • KickassAmazon76
    3y2s3b7k3b25.gif

KickAA- Almost every thread I look at you have posts complementing or encouraging others. From what I see your pretty amazing too and I’m sure your words are appreciated by so many. Your a beast under the bar and an absolute beauty. Have a great night-

Awwww. Thank you! After today, I needed that. 😊